Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Mayer in 3
Mayer in 4
Mayer in 5

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer

(Read 6031 times)
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #465 on: September 01, 2013, 08:56 PM »

Obviously tough conditions ...Andy was sweating more than Ive ever seen him post match. Won that one comfortably ...raised his game when needed... Mayer was no where near him and knew it.

....Next!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #466 on: September 01, 2013, 08:57 PM »

NO.

Lol cos he flippin' never has to!!
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #467 on: September 01, 2013, 08:57 PM »

42 winners, a personal record?

Don't be ridiculous.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #468 on: September 01, 2013, 08:59 PM »

Conditions were the same for both - but I was never worried for a moment. Don't really understand the panic about his back/fitness/body language etc. Tight first set, then fairly easy going. Much as expected given last meeting.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #469 on: September 01, 2013, 08:59 PM »

Don't be ridiculous.

Not being ridiculous, you know since Andy is such a 'pusher' Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #470 on: September 01, 2013, 09:00 PM »

Lol cos he flippin' never has to!!
True can wait to see him get beat and he will. They've done everything they can to make it as easy as possible for Fed in this GS and even then he won't win it.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #471 on: September 01, 2013, 09:02 PM »

have to say I was worried in 1st set.  Looked stiff and out of it and his first serve percentage was woeful.  But cometh the tie break cometh the man and then it was a completely different Andy Murray who came back from the toilet break.  Did he give himself a talking to in the mirror I wonder?
Loved it when Fleming said he's the closest to Mac in 30 years in terms of his touch and his willingness to experiment. And as Fleming said at the end 'awesome' in those last two sets.  Onwards and upwards Andy.  clap clap clap
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #472 on: September 01, 2013, 09:02 PM »

The coms on the us livestream felt there was a problem with Andy. But I can tell you after living in New Jersey for 16 years that the humidity takes everything out of you. I played tennis there and you just did not want to be on the court after 9 am. The heat coming up from the hard court is tough. You would think you would get used to it but you don't.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #473 on: September 01, 2013, 09:05 PM »

that's helpful to know Apollo and I guess however much Andy trains in Miami it can't make it easy.  Also I hadn't realised at first that there was a swirly wind in there.
So funny when Andy said hitting Ivan was high point of his career.  The Americans will love that though thought crowd was half asleep - guess the humidity got to them too.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #474 on: September 01, 2013, 09:05 PM »

This match was definitely less stress then the last one.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #475 on: September 01, 2013, 09:05 PM »

The coms on the us livestream felt there was a problem with Andy. But I can tell you after living in New Jersey for 16 years that the humidity takes everything out of you. I played tennis there and you just did not want to be on the court after 9 am. The heat coming up from the hard court is tough. You would think you would get used to it but you don't.

Yeah... I used to live on the sth east coast of the US and high humidity just absorbs any energy you think you had very very quickly.... just becoz he trains in miami doesnt make much difference..prob helps a little just to understand what happens but doesnt change it happening.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #476 on: September 01, 2013, 09:07 PM »

that's helpful to know Apollo and I guess however much Andy trains in Miami it can't make it easy.  Also I hadn't realised at first that there was a swirly wind in there.
So funny when Andy said hitting Ivan was high point of his career.  The Americans will love that though thought crowd was half asleep - guess the humidity got to them too.
I thought the crowd was rather quite, while it was very loud on Armstrong.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #477 on: September 01, 2013, 09:08 PM »

Good to get safely through. He looked a bit ****** in the 3rd set and the commentators thought something wasn't quite right but sure it's nothing serious to worry about.

Whats your coverage like in the UK? It's annoying here with only 1 channel and no choice of match as you usually don't get to see the whole of the match you want. Didn't get the first set here as we still had the Wawrinka match and joined at the start of the 1st set tiebreak when that finished. Was praying Wawrinka would win the 4th set tiebreak as if it went to a 5th set we'd have missed most of the rest of the match. Was better in the Aus Open this year when we managed to get 2 channels so had a Rod Laver channel and another showing usually Hisense.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #478 on: September 01, 2013, 09:11 PM »

invisible those of us with sky have v good coverage as well as the main match, which is Andy when he's playing, you can choose from 4 other matches on other courts at present.
Good to see his next round opponents slugging it out in a 4th set - let's hope they go to a 5th eh.  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #479 on: September 01, 2013, 09:16 PM »

Fleming made me choke on my evening meal during the second set, when he called Andy Rafa Junior because of his rpm's on the forehand! I thought it was hilarious!

In the first I was reminded of the first round last year. That day was very humid too and Andy looked like he'd been dropped in a bath with his clothes on, exactly like today. He sorted it that time too, obviously.

I just think the start was partly because he was figuring the wind out, sometimes it was swirling, other times there was no wind. He's also never played Mayer on hard before, so he was working out what Mayer could do. Also, the conditions were tough. That FSP was scary in the first though, really scary! Then again, bearing in mind how Madrid went, maybe we should have expected a tight start.

In the second and third Andy was a different man out there, the Andy we know and love. He was awesome really, no other word for it. Stunning performance. Well done lad!!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »