Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Mayer in 3
Mayer in 4
Mayer in 5

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer

(Read 5629 times)
Apollo
Veteran

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #480 on: September 01, 2013, 09:24 PM »

The wind is the worst on Ashe, hard to control the ball.
IP Logged
Kavanaugh
Satellite Level

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #481 on: September 01, 2013, 09:32 PM »

LOVE him telling people to youtube him hitting Ivan lol

It's worked too ^_^ ... there are a ton of comments on the videos for it saying 'Andy sent me here' ... hee.  The more people see that clip the better ... meanwhile I want to see his interview, my stream cut off before it!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #482 on: September 01, 2013, 09:43 PM »

I was actual brave enough to watch most of it - once he had taken the first set. Delighted. He is comfortably  through to the next round, his next opponent is in the process of half killing themselves in set no 5, the dog has had her Murray victory cheese, and we all get a day off tomorrow. Those of us in the UK can get to bed at as reasonable hour.  All in a good day.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #483 on: September 01, 2013, 09:43 PM »

Whats your coverage like in the UK? It's annoying here with only 1 channel and no choice of match as you usually don't get to see the whole of the match you want. Didn't get the first set here as we still had the Wawrinka match and joined at the start of the 1st set tiebreak when that finished. Was praying Wawrinka would win the 4th set tiebreak as if it went to a 5th set we'd have missed most of the rest of the match. Was better in the Aus Open this year when we managed to get 2 channels so had a Rod Laver channel and another showing usually Hisense.

I don't have Sky but do have Tennis TV (about £85 per year) which isn't showing anything from US Open, also Eurosport Player (£1.99 per month) which is showing Armstrong matches this evening for some reason. I do get my money's worth on other tournaments, but for US Open it has mostly been dodgy livestreams (for which I'm very grateful), plus BBC Radio 5 live sports extra at times.

IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #484 on: September 01, 2013, 10:14 PM »

Interesting that Djoko has hired a 'consultant' since wimbledon to help him find a solution to retaining his no1 spot... a wee bit worried bout losing to Andy and Rafa me thinks.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #485 on: September 01, 2013, 10:45 PM »

Who are your commies? If it's Luke Jensen, I'm not surprised.

Actually i heard Luke Jensen say the other day he's picking Murray to win the event, much to the chagrin of his co-commentator
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #486 on: September 01, 2013, 10:49 PM »

I always subscribe the Eurosport Player for the GS (apart from Wimbledon of course) in order not to be dependent on what they choose for the television broadcast. In the past they did not often show Andy's matches. I thought the advantage is to be able to switch between different courts. Why does it not work with you, Elena?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #487 on: September 01, 2013, 10:56 PM »

I've decided that if Andy wins the USO again he has my permission to dance a victory jig on the base-line, just to really shove it to anyone who thinks he can't do it Smile.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #488 on: September 01, 2013, 10:57 PM »

Andy's interview from after the match today,in which he encourages people to youtube him hitting Ivan Very Happy

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #489 on: September 01, 2013, 10:58 PM »

Interesting that Djoko has hired a 'consultant' since wimbledon to help him find a solution to retaining his no1 spot... a wee bit worried bout losing to Andy and Rafa me thinks.

He's definitely worried. You can tell by his whole demeanour.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #490 on: September 01, 2013, 10:58 PM »

Someone in the middle of this thread suggested Andy shave his head and go for the Agassi style bald look. Please no! Remember the clay court season a few years back after he got a bit carried away with a razor. Wasn't a good look! shocking
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #491 on: September 01, 2013, 10:59 PM »

Andy's interview from after the match today,in which he encourages people to youtube him hitting Ivan Very Happy

That remark was brilliant from Andy. Youtube is going to go mad!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #492 on: September 01, 2013, 11:01 PM »

Someone in the middle of this thread suggested Andy shave his head and go for the Agassi style bald look. Please no! Remember the clay court season a few years back after he got a bit carried away with a razor. Wasn't a good look! shocking

You think? I quite liked it once I'd got over the shock.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #493 on: September 01, 2013, 11:02 PM »

I've decided that if Andy wins the USO again he has my permission to dance a victory jig on the base-line, just to really shove it to anyone who thinks he can't do it Smile.

Followed by some cartwheels then finish off by high fiving everyone in the lower tier of the stadium (i'd say the whole arena but doubt the tv crews would stand for it  :p
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #494 on: September 01, 2013, 11:04 PM »

You think? I quite liked it once I'd got over the shock.

I HATED it.I spent the whole time wishing it would hurry up and grow back!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »