Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will prevail?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Mayer in 3
Mayer in 4
Mayer in 5

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] Go Down Reply
Author

US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer

(Read 6461 times)
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #495 on: September 01, 2013, 11:04 PM »

You think? I quite liked it once I'd got over the shock.

T'was indeed a shock! Thought it made his ears stick out too much. A bit too 'Glesga hoodie' for my liking. (and I'm from Glasgow - and own some hoodies so I'm not having a go, I'm sure folks know what I mean))
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #496 on: September 01, 2013, 11:07 PM »

I always subscribe the Eurosport Player for the GS (apart from Wimbledon of course) in order not to be dependent on what they choose for the television broadcast. In the past they did not often show Andy's matches. I thought the advantage is to be able to switch between different courts. Why does it not work with you, Elena?

I don't know - I have had more choice for other tournaments, but not for this. I'm paying very little though.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #497 on: September 01, 2013, 11:12 PM »

Followed by some cartwheels then finish off by high fiving everyone in the lower tier of the stadium (i'd say the whole arena but doubt the tv crews would stand for it  :p

That's the spirit!

I don't know, he could wear jet-propelled trainers or something and fly up there. That might be fun! I'd love to hear Petch commentating on that Smile
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #498 on: September 01, 2013, 11:14 PM »

Really hope he whips Birdshit !!!

Birdshit?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #499 on: September 01, 2013, 11:15 PM »

Next Adidas product sorted! Normal trainers are Barricades - these would be ' No Barricades'
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #500 on: September 01, 2013, 11:17 PM »

Next Adidas product sorted! Normal trainers are Barricades - these would be ' No Barricades'

Love it!!!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #501 on: September 01, 2013, 11:49 PM »

On the USO live stream the commentator was a guy called Jimmy Arias (I had to look him up) this so called tennis expert was the one spending half the time whining about Andy's body language, he also kept mentioning the hip clutching, the way he was going on you'd think he'd never seen Andy play before, which he probably hasn't.

The final straw for me though came when he said Andy only won Wimbledon due to an assist from Delpo, i had to turn the sound down at that point.
[ Last edit by The Gnome September 02, 2013, 04:07 AM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #502 on: September 01, 2013, 11:52 PM »

I always subscribe the Eurosport Player for the GS (apart from Wimbledon of course) in order not to be dependent on what they choose for the television broadcast. In the past they did not often show Andy's matches. I thought the advantage is to be able to switch between different courts. Why does it not work with you, Elena?

I am presuming that because Elena is located in Britain, she will have British Eurosport, which only has limited rights (sky has the main rights), whilst as you are located in Germany you will have Eurosport International / Eurosport Germany, which has full rights.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #503 on: September 02, 2013, 04:02 AM »

Jerk
On the USO live stream the commentator was a guy called Jimmy Arias (I had to look him up) this so called tennis expert was the one spending half the time whining about Andy's body language, he also kept mentioning the hip cluthcing, the way he was going on you'd think he'd never seen Andy play before, which he probably hasn't.

The final straw for me though came when he said Andy only won Wimbledon due to an assist from Delpo, i had to turn the sound down at that point.
[/quJoe
The guys a jerk , very few of the commentators are very good.  Dent was saying you can't pay any attention to the times Andy grabs a part of his body, it's just his way. I know many of you like McEnroe, I do too, but he goes the way the wind goes when talking about players. I've learned to tune these guys out, haha helped having five kids.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #504 on: September 02, 2013, 04:11 AM »

Speaking about djokovic worrying how to stay #1. That can sure get in the way of playing good tennis. I know when Sampras was going for year 6, he got people to figure out who he had to beat, and who was going to have to lose, and how the ranking worked to end the year number one. It can be very nerve wracking.
I think Andy's got it right ... Win your matches.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #505 on: September 02, 2013, 08:12 AM »

Speaking about djokovic worrying how to stay #1. That can sure get in the way of playing good tennis. I know when Sampras was going for year 6, he got people to figure out who he had to beat, and who was going to have to lose, and how the ranking worked to end the year number one. It can be very nerve wracking.
I agree.  Even as a fan, I find it very negative to try to calculate the options, because it inevitably involves main rivals losing early, so you end up hoping they'll lose early.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: US Open R3: Andy Murray vs Florian Mayer « Reply #506 on: September 02, 2013, 08:31 AM »

I think that's why both Andy and Lendl talk about getting the results and letting the ranking look after itself. That seems the best way to me.

Life on the tour must be stressful enough without getting into all the different calculations for the rankings. I don't see how anyone can focus properly on playing with all that in their head.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »