Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, Estimated time - 8:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Istomin in 3
Istomin in 4
Istomin in 5

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 41 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin

(Read 8241 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 12:07 PM »

I won't be able to watch tonight (damned Sky box better record!) but I'm glad Andy got the night match. He was due one. Probably overdue.

Andy's brilliant at night on Ashe, so I'm going to say Andy in three. Istomin might keep it close at first, like F. Mayer did, but then Andy will let rip and it will all be over.

I'm quite chuffed Fed lost on Armstrong. Now the comms can shut up about Andy struggling on that court. It's disgraceful that its been that long since Fed was out there. How can that possibly be fair on other players?
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 02:24 PM »

You've left out Cartiers!!! 
And Lindt chocolate!
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 02:49 PM »

Also, who reckons Federer will retire? My husband thinks the only things stopping him are Nike, Moét and Chandon, and Rolex!

The rate he's going at he'll be lucky with Sergio Georgenio, blue nun & Timex!!

Will probably have to record the match later & have fingers in earhole's & watch first thing.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 03:46 PM »

And Lindt chocolate!

And his ego.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 03:47 PM »

Once again magic Murray in 3  cmon yeah
Ditto!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 04:53 PM »

If Istomin has a good day he may win a set, but I think Andy will do it in 3.

Dont let me down Andy boy! cmon yeah
IP Logged
dave_ladder
Junior

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 06:06 PM »

I'm quite chuffed Fed lost on Armstrong. Now the comms can shut up about Andy struggling on that court. It's disgraceful that its been that long since Fed was out there. How can that possibly be fair on other players?

To be fair, I think the court was the least of his problems last night! His decline is more or less complete now and it'll be interesting to see if he hangs around past the end of the year.

Personally, I think he'll keep playing and I actually think that's somewhat admirable if he does. It takes a lot of guts and a genuine love of the game to keep going after you've fallen so far. It's one of the reasons I've always admired Hewitt - a guy who was the best in the world for a brief moment and has been plugging away putting 110% in for years while he languishes around the top 100.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #37 on: September 03, 2013, 06:47 PM »

I expect Istomin to win a set tbh.   He plays some great tennis, he will come out guns blazing.      However Andy does play well under the lights.     Should be a tough match. 
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #38 on: September 03, 2013, 07:01 PM »

I'm going for a straightforward three setter, with no slow starts, no scares, no mid-match wobbles...

Would be nice!
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #39 on: September 03, 2013, 08:03 PM »

I wish it started at 12am then i would watch first 2 sets or so but 2 am is a killer. We'll see might try an sleep about 9ish and get up. If not cmonandy

I think Andy should win in straights, but I am wary of the threat Istomin posesses.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #40 on: September 03, 2013, 08:07 PM »

To be fair, I think the court was the least of his problems last night! His decline is more or less complete now and it'll be interesting to see if he hangs around past the end of the year.

Personally, I think he'll keep playing and I actually think that's somewhat admirable if he does. It takes a lot of guts and a genuine love of the game to keep going after you've fallen so far. It's one of the reasons I've always admired Hewitt - a guy who was the best in the world for a brief moment and has been plugging away putting 110% in for years while he languishes around the top 100.
I don't think Hewitt or Haas have the arrogance that Roger has, to me they are much more likeable. It's Roger's arrogance that makes me not care for him.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #41 on: September 03, 2013, 08:12 PM »

Good Luck Andy, come out shining under the lights and play great tennis.  May you have a good start and finish and may the force be with you.... Bagpipes
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #42 on: September 03, 2013, 08:16 PM »

Also, who reckons Federer will retire? My husband thinks the only things stopping him are Nike, Moét and Chandon, and Rolex!
Hubby has forgotten about Jura Coffee machines perhaps? He is on those adverts too! Free coffee for the Swiss lol

Nah.. hes earning far too much money to retire.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 08:17 PM »

Damn   gonna miss this one.  Enjoy it  guys  Very Happy
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #44 on: September 03, 2013, 08:41 PM »

I'm going for a straightforward three setter, with no slow starts, no scares, no mid-match wobbles...

Would be nice!
Yep.  That's the way he'll play in my dreams as there is no way I can watch a 2am match
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 41 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »