Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Istomin in 3
Istomin in 4
Istomin in 5

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin

(Read 9303 times)
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #555 on: September 04, 2013, 04:54 AM »

You're annoying.

Get that dildo out of your butt.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #556 on: September 04, 2013, 04:59 AM »

Way way way waaaaaaayyy below par. Woeful performance and he needs to sort this out if he's going to get past the likes of Wawrinka and Djokovic.

I don't agree. He won in 4 with only 1 tie break. He did what he needed to do, and got the job done. He didn't look too knackered in what I saw of the interview.  Istomin didn't get to the 4th round by being a crap player. He took out the 15th and 21 seed enroute. He didn't take out the number 3 seed.  He was on a good run which has now ended. Murray is in the QF's again.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #557 on: September 04, 2013, 05:00 AM »

Get that dildo out of your butt.

I'm saying nothing.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #558 on: September 04, 2013, 05:10 AM »

Way way way waaaaaaayyy below par. Woeful performance and he needs to sort this out if he's going to get past the likes of Wawrinka and Djokovic.
What are you talking about! He was playing someone who was playing really well and in difficult conditions with the wind, and I might add some very bad line calls and bad decisions by the Umpire, and yet he came through.
Nole on the other hand played someone who had nothing more to give.
The Coms certaintly didn't think this was a bad performance......as to facing Stan I really don't see any difficulties, much prefer this match up for Andy as he will come into this match with more confidence.
As far as I can see Andy is well on track.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #559 on: September 04, 2013, 05:23 AM »

I thought Andy promised a faster start.  Whistle
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #560 on: September 04, 2013, 05:41 AM »

I wonder sometimes if people are watching the same matches as I am.

IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #561 on: September 04, 2013, 05:54 AM »

I can only say that this is all much the same as last year.  I do not think we need to worry.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #562 on: September 04, 2013, 05:57 AM »

I am sorry I do not understand some you. He played well under very difficult circumstances  but decision on some line calls were bad by the umpire plus the wind for both players. Andy is fine going along the right way. Nole had a much easier player and a tired one. Perhaps peeking too soon after his faultness match as he was proud to say. Looking forward to the next match, he will come out firing. WEll prepared.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #563 on: September 04, 2013, 06:47 AM »

Haven't seen it yet, so can't comment on how he played, but champions lift their games when they need to. It sounds like Andy did. Either way, he won, got himself into another quarter final, so job done.

Andy has played some decent opposition, people capable of putting up a bit of a fight for a while. That's likely to be good for him. Djokovic has played no one of any note and hasn't had to dig deep. At least two of his opponents were knackered by the time they got to him.

Andy's in the quarters and I've barely broken into a sweat yet. It's all good.

Told you Stan was going to get it done as well. Stan isn't easy when he's in the mood, but I'd rather him than Berdy.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #564 on: September 04, 2013, 06:48 AM »

Well done, Andy. Glad Berdych is out of the way but Wawrinka is no picnic.  cmonandy
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #565 on: September 04, 2013, 07:12 AM »

can't believe some are slating his performance... settle pettles! Wasn't his best tennis ..I'm sure Andy is aware of that. However it was definately good enough to win this match against a good tennis player who performed well. IMO Andy has raised his level to beat each opponent he has faced so far... some slow starts ... but always has an extra gear when required.

Will need to raise his level again to beat wawrinka ..stan is playing very well... but he can and im cofident he will. He is a better player than wawrinka on hard court.

people who rave re: Djoko's performance should think about the level of opponent he has played. a player who has just played 3 straight 5 set matches...and who lost by pretty much the same score to djoko in 2011 ...the last time they played. We' ll see how 'flawless' Djokos tennis is when he plays a noteworthy opponent.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #566 on: September 04, 2013, 07:13 AM »

Well done Andy. Didn't see match, but however he played he's through to the quarters so:
 yahooo
And Berd is out... innocent
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #567 on: September 04, 2013, 07:14 AM »

Can't afford any more slow starts from here on in.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #568 on: September 04, 2013, 07:32 AM »

Brilliant appreciative write up:
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/sep/04/andy-murray-us-open-denis-istomen
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: US Open R4: Andy Murray vs Denis Istomin « Reply #569 on: September 04, 2013, 07:44 AM »

^ it is indeed, filled me with smiles
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »