Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 158 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 28901 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #105 on: September 06, 2012, 07:58 PM »

Aldo,just come across another nice article here- http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/sep/06/andy-murray-us-open-tomas-berdych
It's not really stuff we haven't already said,but it made me feel positive about the upcoming match,and it contained a few good quotes on Andy that I liked such as
"Murray must draw on his vast experience in the elite waters of the game, as well as his recent and historical experiences here. That has always been a strength; he could sell his mental notebook on opponents for a good deal of money, and, with Lendl on his team, the analysis has reached another level." and "Murray's match was over before Federer's exit scene was played out and, in a press conference where the usual assumptions were made that the Swiss would go through, he took occasional looks at the score on the TV monitor, he cautioned against dismissing Berdych. "Tomas Berdych is a great player, as well," he said. "Let's show him some respect, too."I thought the remark about showing respect was really nice,and so typically Andy!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #106 on: September 06, 2012, 08:00 PM »

Two slam semis, a slam final, and an Olympic gold. Give him a little credit people.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #107 on: September 06, 2012, 08:12 PM »

Schedule won't be up until tomorrow.

Good to know. Wild guess?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #108 on: September 06, 2012, 08:20 PM »

Arthur Ashe at night please. I wish....
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #109 on: September 06, 2012, 08:30 PM »

Also why do I see everybody saying Murray will play on Saturday? I thought they changed that this year and it's going to be on Friday?
I'm afraid they're not changing the schedule until next year, Laundry.  The two men's semis will be played back to back on AA on Saturday and the women's final is in the evening.  I hope that Andy is up first so that he has more time to recover for the final.

Can I ask where exactly this has been confirmed? I have always been under the impression from my sources that it was starting this year not next and the semis would be on Friday.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #110 on: September 06, 2012, 08:35 PM »

Liking it. Very Happy
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #111 on: September 06, 2012, 08:38 PM »

That there's an apocalypse and it gets postponed.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #112 on: September 06, 2012, 08:42 PM »

Here's official USO schedule for Saturday:

Men's Semi's in daytime, starting 11:00am.
Women's Final at 7:00pm.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/eventschedule.html?promo=subnav
IP Logged
Big dutch fan of Andy
Satellite Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #113 on: September 06, 2012, 08:57 PM »

have you see the weatherforcast ??? http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/New+York+NY+USNY0996:1:US
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #114 on: September 06, 2012, 09:13 PM »

Sounds like Andy will be on at 11am playing in temperature of 80+
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #115 on: September 06, 2012, 09:21 PM »

It will be hot for both players. I'd rather he gets the later match as he never starts well in morning matches.
IP Logged
Big dutch fan of Andy
Satellite Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #116 on: September 06, 2012, 09:28 PM »

well , i think they will not change  anything
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #117 on: September 06, 2012, 10:10 PM »

Sounds like Andy will be on at 11am playing in temperature of 80+

He's played at Wimbledon many times in these temperatures. Same in Australia. I don't know what happened to him in the match against Lopez because its the first time Ive seen him flag so badly. I suspect it was a one-off and it won't happen again.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #118 on: September 06, 2012, 10:26 PM »

I'm afraid they're not changing the schedule until next year, Laundry.  The two men's semis will be played back to back on AA on Saturday and the women's final is in the evening.  I hope that Andy is up first so that he has more time to recover for the final.

Can I ask where exactly this has been confirmed? I have always been under the impression from my sources that it was starting this year not next and the semis would be on Friday.

It's on the USOpen site schedule.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #119 on: September 06, 2012, 10:29 PM »

He's played at Wimbledon many times in these temperatures. Same in Australia. I don't know what happened to him in the match against Lopez because its the first time Ive seen him flag so badly. I suspect it was a one-off and it won't happen again.

Wimbledon rarely has the heat or humidity of New York and, according to Andy, Australia is very hot but not humid.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 158 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »