Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 ... 158 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 29121 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2250 on: September 08, 2012, 11:03 PM »

What's got your back up? Smile
By the whole judgemental attitude in the first few games.  It's about a whole match.  The guy is proving himself again and again. 
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2251 on: September 08, 2012, 11:05 PM »

That's just hair-splitting.

You told me I didn't know math.

Nice try.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2252 on: September 08, 2012, 11:06 PM »

By the whole judgemental attitude in the first few games.  It's about a whole match.  The guy is proving himself again and again. 

You yourself have doubted him in the past.

People such as Phil are perhaps too negative, but it's just the way they express themselves, everyone is different. It's hard to doubt Phil's credentials as a devoted fan if he gives up a lot of his free time (more than 95% of the memberlist here, might I add) to write articles for the site. His reaction at GSM says it all.

Just because someone sees the glass as half-empty, does not make them any less of a fan.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2253 on: September 08, 2012, 11:06 PM »

I assume it's only by the usual suspects which is very few.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2254 on: September 08, 2012, 11:07 PM »

that picture from twitter is scary....
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2255 on: September 08, 2012, 11:11 PM »

You yourself have doubted him in the past.

People such as Phil are perhaps too negative, but it's just the way they express themselves, everyone is different. It's hard to doubt Phil's credentials as a devoted fan if he gives up a lot of his free time (more than 95% of the memberlist here, might I add) to write articles for the site. His reaction at GSM says it all.

Just because someone sees the glass as half-empty, does not make them any less of a fan.
I am the first to admit I doubted him - but that was in a phase when it was deserved.  What I do not get is why anyone with an ounce of tennis wisdom cannot see how the guy has come on leaps and bounds, and can't acknowledge that as a fact.  I'm not saying Phil et al are not fans, but they appear to be stuck in a time gone by - Andy is not - and they really want to catch up if they want to still appear credible.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2256 on: September 08, 2012, 11:13 PM »

Don't know about the rest of you, but I feel like I've had a big fat yummy bestest meal ever, and I am rubbing my tummy.

Looking forward to the piece de resistance on Monday.

As to the weather, I can confirm that the weather here can turn on a dime. I've been places that we've had to evacuate due to Tornado warnings.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2257 on: September 08, 2012, 11:14 PM »

Don't know about the rest of you, but I feel like I've had a big fat yummy bestest meal ever, and I am rubbing my tummy.

Looking forward to the piece de resistance on Monday.

As to the weather, I can confirm that the weather here can turn on a dime. I've been places that we've had to evacuate due to Tornado warnings.

More like the organisers were trying to cover their asses legally in case something DID happen!

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2258 on: September 08, 2012, 11:14 PM »

I don't think Phil puts any thought into what he posts in a match thread, it's as if his brain turns off the moment Andy walks on court.

I assume it's either a copying mechanism or superstition. I hope it's one of those and he is actually aware of it.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2259 on: September 08, 2012, 11:14 PM »

It's quite hilarious to read about all Andy's 'mistakes' and then he goes on to crush his opponent.  It makes the doubters appear like a bit of a tit, to be honest.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2260 on: September 08, 2012, 11:16 PM »

More like the organisers were trying to cover their asses legally in case something DID happen!

True.. but there is always that chance. I've had to drive fast to escape a tornado. They come on fast out of nowhere.

Either that, or Nole has greased someone's palm. lol
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2261 on: September 08, 2012, 11:18 PM »

True.. but there is always that chance. I've had to drive fast to escape a tornado. They come on fast out of nowhere.

Either that, or Nole has greased someone's palm. lol

Don't get the conspiracy theorists sniffing around that!

It was unfortunate timing for Ferrer, but that's New York in September. Shitty weather all around.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2262 on: September 08, 2012, 11:19 PM »

Judy Murray also enters the press conference, hugs Andy, and he says, 'mom, u smell Iike wine.' < LOL
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2263 on: September 08, 2012, 11:19 PM »

Emma there's a little thing called 'calling in sick'.

She'd know. Knows I am big fan of Andy. Besides, I have a couple of major projects going on at the moment. Going very early and leaving early is the only option so far. Would have loved to stay home instead but will have to make some adjustments.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2264 on: September 08, 2012, 11:21 PM »

Elly.. I don't mind Phil's comments at all. For me, I never take him seriously, and it's like a comedic break in amongt the angst.
If he's serious, then he's entitled to his opinion.
When Andy starts to play well, he always seems to give him credit.
Just saying, my friend. Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 ... 158 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »