Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, Estimated time - 8:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 158 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 26916 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « on: September 06, 2012, 04:34 AM »

The big stage has been set. Let's take a shot at it, folks. I'll have mine in a day or two.

Berdych leads Andy 4-2 unfortunately, but this year, they are 1 all in the H2H. Andy on hard in Dubai and Berdych on Clay in Monte Carlo.

Also, we have a new Murray (post Olympics folks Smile) who wants it more.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean September 06, 2012, 04:52 AM ] IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 04:49 AM »

We will  have a new murray on Friday, should be  a great match. Andy at the moment is hungry and no one is going to stop him to get his first grand Salem. He will do it.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 04:50 AM »

5 setter I think. Give it 60-40% in Murray's favour. I'm extremely wary of Berdych, like I have been saying I would have preferred Federer. I think there's a high risk of Berdych being able to dominate play and dictate the rallies like he did in Monte Carlo. Berdych has been playing very well so far, and come on he just beat Federer fairly convincingly you gotta be a bit afraid of the guy for that reason alone and he's going to be oozing confidence now.

As per usual it all depends really if Murray brings his A game or not as I don't see Berdych dropping his level. Gonna be a very fun match I think.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 04:50 AM »

Thanks for starting the thread, Emma. However, I don't think is a 'new Murray.'

This Murray has been with us all along.

If someone has some of the left-over Olympic torches, can we please light them under his arse? Very Happy

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 04:51 AM »

Oh btw, this is Czech vs. Czech; that is, if you take Lendl into account as he's Czech and so is Berdych. Little tidbit before I go to bed. Smile
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 05:01 AM »

Saying this again here, in bold! For the first time in a while NO FEDAL in the semis!
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 05:10 AM »

Saying this again here, in bold! For the first time in a while NO FEDAL in the semis!

Fed's loss ends a streak of 33 straights slam semi finals with either Fed or Nadal.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 05:12 AM »

Bottom line is Murray will have to raise his game to win..... and if he doesnt he'll deservedly go out. I believe he'll do it. IMO the olympics was the sign of him reaching a slam winning mentality. He'll need to reach the highest level of tennis play he ever has to win.... but I think he can reach a level not seen before...if he gets that head of his focused. Come on Muzza!!!!
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 05:19 AM »

Fed's loss ends a streak of 33 straights slam semi finals with either Fed or Nadal.

I reckon its the beginning of the end for SmugFed ...actually the olympic final was.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 05:26 AM »

I would almost rather have had Fed, but I'm sure Andy and Lendl will work out a good game plan and keep it to themselves! 
 cmonandy
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 05:28 AM »

So which slam? Anyhow, they are great champs and all but this is just refreshing!
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 06:43 AM »

Well this was unexpected. Nervous now, as Murray must play like a favourite. I won't be able to see it either as going to the Paralympics! Frown
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 06:57 AM »

Not sure how I feel about the result of the Fed/Berdych match. The last time they met, didn't Murray beat him in straight sets on hard? Has Berdych been in a GS semi before? What is Berdych's record in GS's? Murrays must be better. Wasn't Berdych knocked out in R1 of the Olympics? Think overall there is probably a better chance of M overcoming Berdych, followed by NJ, than Fed/NJ at the moment, even allowing for the fact he managed it in the Olympics. Will be interested in what the pundits say. Becker was convinced that Fed would come through against Berdych. It goes back to which Murray comes on to the court.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 07:01 AM »

In all honesty, I think this is an easier proposition than Federer, but Berdych if he is playing well could be really difficult. Just like last night, Murray will have to do a lot of chasing, and I'd argue that Berdych is a lot mentally tougher than Cilic is.

Murray in 4.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 07:10 AM »

Andy in 3.Yes, Andy in 3.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 158 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »