Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 158 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 27468 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 07:21 AM »

Birdshit will be full of confidence after beating smugfed and knowing the H2H.  But I'm sure Andy and Mr L will come up with a plan and this will be on Ashe in front of a big crowd which favours Andy unlike last night's match. 
Andy needs to remind himself he is an Olympic champion and take it to birdshit. 
jdonald it will be super saturday not friday.  USO has this mad system of playing men's SFs and Fs back to back over the w/e though they're changing it next year.  Hope I can watch it in Canada ok. 
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 07:23 AM »

Have looked Berdych up. Overall Murray has a far better track record in GS's. Berdych has reached a couple of Semi's and 1 Final, at Wimbledon in 2010. Murray has much greater experience in these situations, than Berdych. Murray also has achieved more titles and better ones than Berdych. If we get the M, who came out against Raonic, (who Murray also had a losing H2H against), then it will be no real contest. If we get the Murray who came out against Bogomolov, then it will be difficult, but Murray should still come through. The Murray who started match last night, will probably be slaughtered.

However the match should be played on a court and the conditions that Murray likes, which ups his chances. We will see.
I reckon Murray in 4
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 07:24 AM »

Apparently Andy had to correct the interviewers who kept going on and on about a meeting with Fed. Told them what a fine player Berdych is.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 07:35 AM »

I did predict BigBird would cause a shock. Andy will win this match in 3 sets.  Think Dubai earlier this year where he wiped the floor with him on a hard court and ignore clay court matches and Paris last year when he was injured.
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 07:52 AM »

Blimey - I was coming here to say that I was certain Andy would beat Fed, but Berdych has beaten him to it.  C'mon Andy, focus - you can take anyone.  The only way Berdych will win is if Andy starts fighting himself...  Little tongue man
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 07:55 AM »

I did predict BigBird would cause a shock. Andy will win this match in 3 sets.  Think Dubai earlier this year where he wiped the floor with him on a hard court and ignore clay court matches and Paris last year when he was injured.

Yeah I also predicted that Berdych would win last night.  old I'm happy, because I am always glad when Federer is beaten, the earlier the better as far as I am concerned.   innocent

As far as the Semi goes then I do believe that this is a harder match up.  I think Andy was beginning to establish 'the Indian sign' over Federer, whereas when playing Berdych, Andy will have to overcome a guy who has always given him a hard game, possibly resents his relative success, and who knows his game has matched up well against him in the past.  grr 

Still no-one said it would be easy, least of all Andy.  C'mon Andy let's go!   toot
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 07:57 AM »

I agree, this should be a comfortable win for Andy, but if he starts like he did for the first two and a half sets against Cilic, he could be in a lot of trouble.  These slow starts have been a fixture of the year, and bother me slightly.  I remember that horrible match against Berdych at the french where he was just so exasperated playing him, but you feel overall Andy is in a good place right now.

Berdych is an awkward one, but much preferable to Federer.  All we need now is for Delpy to beat Nole later and Andy has an amazing chance of winning the title here, which he does anyway.

Having said that given how Delpy struggled with Roddick I am not expecting an upset against Nole who has cruised through the draw, but hasn't had a test.

It is important Andy beats Berdych quickly.  With the final the next day (an insult to the players this scheduling still carries on), he doesn't want to be out there for too long.  That is what ruined him in 2008, those rain delays and the extra day, when otherwise he was playing so well I think he would have beaten Fed.

It is getting to the exciting part.  Scotland beating Serbia in the afternoon, and Murray taking down Berydch and making his second US Open final in the evening. - sounds like a perfect saturday to me.  Then sunday could be even better....Wink
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 07:59 AM »

Saying this again here, in bold! For the first time in a while NO FEDAL in the semis!

Good point!!   And one worth truly celebrating!!!!   toot toot toot
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 08:01 AM »

Sigh.  not confident about this one.

IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 08:07 AM »

In all honesty, I think this is an easier proposition than Federer, but Berdych if he is playing well could be really difficult. Just like last night, Murray will have to do a lot of chasing, and I'd argue that Berdych is a lot mentally tougher than Cilic is.

Murray in 4.

Yes, I quite agree.  Thankfully, the fight that Andy has in him is immense, when called upon, but I'd much rather see a performance like that against Raonic, because as you say, while I can't say that Berdych is mentally strong, I suspect he isn't comparatively, we can say, for sure, that he is not as mentally weak as Cillic, who I'm afraid is going to be haunted by last nights performance.   panic
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 08:07 AM »

Sigh.  not confident about this one.

When are you? confused Whistle Come on John, Andy will not let Berdych beat him. You must have faith and send out positive vibes. yay cmon yeah
[ Last edit by michelle September 06, 2012, 08:16 AM ] IP Logged
Jade Fox

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 08:09 AM »

Sigh.  not confident about this one.

Why?  I mean I don't care about H2Hs to be honest.  I mean Tomas actually has a terrible H2H against Federer and look how that match turned out.

I'm actually rather calm about Saturday's match.  I think Andy knows he has a great chance and will do all he can to take it.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 08:11 AM »

This will definitely be on Arthur Ashe - which after last nights sluggish start, is probably a good thing.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 08:14 AM »

I think Andy likes to make things difficult!  He is so good at coming back from the brink.

Looking at his h2h against Berdych it seems that Tomas has beaten him mainly on clay with a win at last years Paris Masters when Andy was injured.  He had withdrawn from Basle and went out of WTF with the injury.  I think that Andy is better in the 'planning department' and he beat Federer even more convincingly.

He shows that he is human when a change of court to one he does not enjoy affects him but he has the metal capacity to come back.  At one point recetnly he held the record for come backs from 2 sets down.

I am just praying that this slight lack of form is not down to being tired after such a great season.  Only 2 more matches! Hang in there Andy, you can do it.

Djokovic was having a bit of trouble against Wawrinka until Stan began to look ill.  Who knows what would have happened if he had stayed well.  For Nole it was practically a walkover.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 08:18 AM »

Wow bit of a surprise to wake up to this news! Though Berdych always pushes Federer hard, looking forward to the highlights later.

Probably Andy's toughest matchup outside of Rafa but I think he can do it. He'll obviously have to start a lot better than the last match though as there's no way Berdych would have got broken twice to drop the second set like that.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 158 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »