Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 158 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 26940 times)
Becky
Challenger Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 09:11 AM »

I had feeling Berdych may do well against Fed but just put it down to wishful thinking. He's beaten him at a slam before and had him on the ropes in Australia a few years ago. Always glad to see him lose.

Andy will have to be in top form to win this. It should be back on Ashe which Andy likes. We'll have to brace ourselves for another dramatic roller coaster.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 09:12 AM »

Yeah I also predicted that Berdych would win last night.  old I'm happy, because I am always glad when Federer is beaten, the earlier the better as far as I am concerned.   innocent

As far as the Semi goes then I do believe that this is a harder match up.  I think Andy was beginning to establish 'the Indian sign' over Federer,

What's the weather like on your home planet? Andy hasn't even come close to beating Fed in a Slam. Playing BigBird is like Mana from heaven in comparison.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 09:20 AM »

I had feeling Berdych may do well against Fed but just put it down to wishful thinking. He's beaten him at a slam before and had him on the ropes in Australia a few years ago. Always glad to see him lose.

Andy will have to be in top form to win this. It should be back on Ashe which Andy likes. We'll have to brace ourselves for another dramatic roller coaster.

I'm thinking this will be more like the Raonic match. A fairly straightforward 3 setter.  Andy has a few days to prepare and I think he'll be 110% focussed unlike last night when the change of court at short notice threw him badly.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 09:27 AM »

I think this puts more pressure on Andy. He is ranked higher etc. I find Berdych quite smug. Just want Andy to win.

IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 09:29 AM »

Andy is the one who's gonna be asked in this one. If he plays like against Cilic, he'll lose. Berdych ain't gonna miss those forehands like Cilic did. He's a much better player then the Croat. Andy needs to be aggressive and put Berdych on his backfoot. Simple said, but, on the other hand, if the lets Berdych dictate, he's going to lose anyway.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 09:43 AM »

Nice to see that federer lost in the other semi. Playing Berdych will be far more interesting although he is not the easiest to watch.  I take some reassurance from the fact that away from clay the match up is 2-2 and it is Murray's turn to win.

He needs to get in the A game mood so Lendl has plenty to do to set him up. Yesterday Andy took too long to get into gear.   

I am right in thinking that the semis will both be daytime on Ashe or will one be a night game?

I am suffering now from late nights and angst. I was following the Murraysworld site comments to relieve the tension last night. Thank you all for keeping me from going mad. It was something to distract me. Yesterday night was worst of his games watched. I was so glad that he took his cap off. Suddenly there was light and his game took control.

Just as well all the remaining games are Friday night or weekend! 

I am taking a rest before this next torture. Even when Andy plays well I get doubts as to whether he might do his losing concentration bit! Needs the sort of motivation of the Olympics for success in NYC!

GOOD LUCK

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 09:57 AM »

Welcome marathonarthur.  Weather permitting - and I think the forecast is ok for weekend - both SFs are I think in the afternoon with the women's F in the night time slot to give the men time to recover - ho ho.

Scotsgeek - well a slow start has been a recurrent problem for Andy but I think there was a clear reason for it this time with last minute change of court which favoured Cilic though clearly it was the sensible thing to happen.  But remember the Lopez match he was up first 2 sets and then lost one.  I think it's better when he comes from behind and roars to a win than when he starts well and then stutters because of lack of focus or for whatever reason.   I think Andy should be on first on Saturday if they follow the logic of the schedule but you never know with USO do you.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 10:04 AM »

Andy needs his top drawer game to overcome someone who hadn't been playing his best tennis, until now.

cmonandy

This is on Friday ? so, Saturday for me Very Happy though may clash with a coffee date doh

Oops, forgot the H2H there Whistle

* Murray vs Berdych.JPG (96.86 KB, 604x754 - viewed 323 times.)
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 10:10 AM »

I'm not sure about this result at all. I think andy likes being the underdog and playing the favorite, he will bring his 'A' game in that situation i/.e re Fed/Novak/Rafa. In this situation he will no doubt start tentativley - except Berdych wont choke too heavily and he is a great frontrunner.

Right Mr Lendl time to earn your $$$$
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 10:15 AM »

I would almost rather have had Fed, but I'm sure Andy and Lendl will work out a good game plan and keep it to themselves! 
 cmonandy

I'm guessing that Lendl will suggest that Andy do some of these shots, as Berdych can be a bit of a pussy Whistle

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 10:21 AM »

Sigh.  not confident about this one.

Fed had an 11 to 4 H2H vs Berdych and look what happened.  Get the positive vibes going! grouphug
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 10:23 AM »

I wonder if we are going to see the "I'm going to blow him away from the off!" Andy, as per Raonic, or the "I'm going to take or set or so to get on top of him, then I'm going to blow him away!" as per Cilic.

Either way, Andy seems to have the winning mentality these days, and the ability to come from behind very strongly.

Andy in 3 or 4, depending on which of the above Andys turns up.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 10:32 AM »

I wonder if we are going to see the "I'm going to blow him away from the off!" Andy, as per Raonic, or the "I'm going to take or set or so to get on top of him, then I'm going to blow him away!" as per Cilic.

Either way, Andy seems to have the winning mentality these days, and the ability to come from behind very strongly.

Andy in 3 or 4, depending on which of the above Andys turns up.

This match by and large will not be on Andys racket it will be quite even in that respect. It will depend on Andy's 1st serve % needs to be around 65% or above,Berdych attacks 2nd serves for fun.

Andy needs to get first strike in when Berdy misses first ball as well. As for the baseline rallies Berdy hits the ball with more pace than Andy, Nothing Andy can't handle however if Berdy gets big strike in first = point Berdy.

Andy will have to knock him off his rhythm and junkball him and then be agressive once he's move him around finishing points with big FH or at net. Berdy moves OK, but andy could really expose this if he gets his tactics right.

There is a chance though that Berdy has a crazy hot day and blows Andy off court. I think this is unlikely given the magnitude of the situation and the ability of andy to work things out in a match, in a B03 Berdy could pull it of but in a BO5 on HC Andy SHOULD pull through due to more consistancy and greater fitness. And let's not forget how BAD Federer played he really was shocking he gave Berdy a lot of help in that win, no way Andy gives away soo many cheap errors.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 10:43 AM »

I'm not sure about this result at all. I think andy likes being the underdog and playing the favorite, he will bring his 'A' game in that situation i/.e re Fed/Novak/Rafa.

Well if he usually brings his A-game when he plays  Fed/Novak/Rafa [in a Slam] he usually loses. That's a fact. So not sure what you are going on about. Are you trying to say he may bring his "B" game because its Berdych?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 10:51 AM »

And let's not forget how BAD Federer played he really was shocking he gave Berdy a lot of help in that win, no way Andy gives away soo many cheap errors.

Didn't see any of the match but just checked out the stats - UE's everywhere by the looks.  Terrible on receiving points won too.

* Stats.JPG (53.52 KB, 644x300 - viewed 272 times.)
[ Last edit by Bevc September 06, 2012, 10:54 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 158 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »