Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 158 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych  (Read 22264 times)
dex
Futures Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #45 on: September 06, 2012, 11:07 AM »

It's the Semi-final and Andy would normally be against Rafa or Federer so he should be suitably fired up for the situation. A semi-final is never easy. But I was in two minds between the Fed and Berdych, I was kind of hoping Andy would meet the Fed. On the positive side this is an opportunity for Andy to sort Berdych out, as there has always been an issue in their games ie with Andy playing him carrying an injury or during one of those bad spells.
Anyway, the other half of the draw have still to play their quarter-finals, there could be another upset on the cards. Del Potro v Ferrer?? Novak has had an easy time so far, he has not been tested.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #46 on: September 06, 2012, 11:09 AM »

Looking at those stats Fed it seems that Fed played really poorly.  Berdy does worry me though - he seems to be a bit of a bogey man for Andy.  Having said that, I have every faith in our boy - he and Lendl will have worked out a game plan and, hopefully, the crowd will get behind him.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #47 on: September 06, 2012, 11:18 AM »

The big problem with Berdy is that he can hit through Andy.  Think
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #48 on: September 06, 2012, 11:29 AM »

Bignose - what i mean is Andy starts passively and slow where he is a big favorite, whereas he brings his 'A' game from the start against the big guys normally (he has only ever really played GS semis Vs Rafa - never vs Fed or Djoker so i guess we don't know how he'd do). I think the new mature Andy would be able to take care of Fed in a slam SF, equally he should trake care of Berdych.

I think both would be winnable matches but would be extremely difficult but for very different reasons. anyway no point in speculating about old man Fed now.

I suddenly got this feeling after reading your post dex, and it was one that reminded me of Roland Garros 2009. when Fed biggest nemesis went out and he had this massive opportunity to win his first RG.

If Fed and djoker went out can you imagine the opportunity but even more the pressure for Andy?
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #49 on: September 06, 2012, 11:31 AM »

Yeah, Berdy worries me a bit, but as Alis says, Lendl and Andy will have a game plan in place, also I hope Andy gets to play on Ashe, that is the biggest factor.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #50 on: September 06, 2012, 11:36 AM »

Oh god, I despise Berdych. Not shaking hands at the net and his stints with the umpire to name a few reasons. I see this match as unknown territory which is not a comfortable feeling...
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #51 on: September 06, 2012, 11:47 AM »

Yeah theres a real possibility DelPo could knock out Joker tonight. It would be a big shock but DelPo is one of the few players who could pull it off. Can you imagine the pressure on Andy? He would suddenly be hot favourite to win his 1st Slam. Come on DelPo, wipe the smile of Joker's face.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #52 on: September 06, 2012, 12:01 PM »

I think Delpo has a good chance of beating Novak i also think Ferrer will win his match.If Delpo beats Novak and Ferrer wins his match i take Ferrer for a win over Delpo if they have to play each other in the semis.As long as Ferrer dosent get nervous that is.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #53 on: September 06, 2012, 12:05 PM »

I don't know if Andy would be the hot favourite (possibly, in the UK press) as Del Potro won the USO in 09, America may favour him! This could take the pressure 'off' Andy. On the other hand David Ferrer is an excellent player, who disposed of DP at Wimbledon, so lets not forget him either. But most of all 'let's not get too far ahead of ourselves' Berdych has to be seen off first!!
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #54 on: September 06, 2012, 12:17 PM »

Am I correct in thinking that Murray will play Berdych on Saturday  8th Sept. and if successful would play the final on Sunday Sept.9th? If so he'd better make the most of the break, courtesy  of being in Federer's half.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #55 on: September 06, 2012, 12:37 PM »

Oh god, I despise Berdych. Not shaking hands at the net and his stints with the umpire to name a few reasons. I see this match as unknown territory which is not a comfortable feeling...
I agree - I get no vibes about this at all, one way or the other, so it must be in the lap of the Gods!!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #56 on: September 06, 2012, 12:41 PM »

Given that Andy's match is likely to be first up on Saturday, does anyone know what the weather forecast is?  Extreme heat or rain could definitely play a part in this one.
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #57 on: September 06, 2012, 12:47 PM »

Usually when Andy reaches the semi's of a Grand Slam, the BBC usually show the match. Anyone know if it will be televised?
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #58 on: September 06, 2012, 12:48 PM »

I agree - I get no vibes about this at all, one way or the other, so it must be in the lap of the Gods!!

Agree with you and Julia on this - feel really uncomfortable about this match for some reason.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #59 on: September 06, 2012, 12:57 PM »

Bevc, thanx for the stats. I was going to ask if anyone here had actually seen the match and could give us an unbiased report Whistle
But looking at those, seems that Fed's forehand was shanking, which it can do these days. First serve looked OK.
Agree Bird can hit through Andy from the baseline but this USOpen we've seen some massive forehands from Lopez, Raonic and Cilic, so Andy should be used to them. Whistle
No, Andy must bring his wiliest magic, his patience and his serve to this match and defeat Big Bird with cunning.
I have no doubt Andy's A game beats Bird's A game. Let's hope Andy can. Fingers crossed
Bring it on. yay
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 158 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »