Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 158 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 26682 times)
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #60 on: September 06, 2012, 12:57 PM »

Weather forecast for saturday is to sunny with some cloud. Warm. Around 29C. But no excuses on that front. Andy should be match-hard now whatever the conditions.
Probably more important the match will be on Ashe.
IP Logged
PETRA

Observe time and opportunity.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #61 on: September 06, 2012, 12:59 PM »

David I have just looked at the BBC schedules foe Saturday and Sunday but they do not show any tennis.  We will be on holiday and although I have set to record on Sky I wanted to make sure there was something to see when we get back,  They may show it on the red button.
IP Logged
PETRA

Observe time and opportunity.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #62 on: September 06, 2012, 01:02 PM »

Sorry should read for Saturday and Sunday.  Have just had my nails done and don't want to damage them.  Must look your best on Holiday.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #63 on: September 06, 2012, 01:03 PM »

This won't be on BBC, Sky have the rights (and Eurosport, i believe).
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #64 on: September 06, 2012, 01:15 PM »

Just read an article about the match with quotes from Andy in it,and he said this
“Ivan has made a big difference and I have started to understand certain things going into Grand Slams — how to go about my business not just on the court but off it, as well, how to conserve energy and to go into the matches with the right mindset and attitude. Against Cilic I probably wasn’t doing a great job of that but, hopefully, I can do a better job in the next round.
I’m playing better and understanding how best to play the big points in the important matches. But I can’t afford to start against Tomas like I did in this match again — that’s for sure.”
So we do know that he's aware he needs to come out swinging,and hopefully he won't let himself have a start like that again.He also said he'd have a chat to Lendl about "the things that didn’t go so well like  why I started the way I did".
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #65 on: September 06, 2012, 01:50 PM »

Just read an article about the match with quotes from Andy in it,and he said this
“Ivan has made a big difference and I have started to understand certain things going into Grand Slams — how to go about my business not just on the court but off it, as well, how to conserve energy and to go into the matches with the right mindset and attitude. Against Cilic I probably wasn’t doing a great job of that but, hopefully, I can do a better job in the next round.
I’m playing better and understanding how best to play the big points in the important matches. But I can’t afford to start against Tomas like I did in this match again — that’s for sure.”
So we do know that he's aware he needs to come out swinging,and hopefully he won't let himself have a start like that again.He also said he'd have a chat to Lendl about "the things that didn’t go so well like  why I started the way I did".

I like that from Andy a lot. It shows he is taking responsibility and showing maturity. Good man.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #66 on: September 06, 2012, 02:21 PM »

.. I was going to ask if anyone here had actually seen the match and could give us an unbiased report Whistle

I watched the match last night, so did a couple of others.
Check out the 'US Open-The Other Players' thread for our running commentary.

I've seen Berdych up close and personal. He's not that scary.  nervous
He reminds me of Lendl.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #67 on: September 06, 2012, 02:33 PM »

I'm thinking this will be more like the Raonic match. A fairly straightforward 3 setter.  Andy has a few days to prepare and I think he'll be 110% focussed unlike last night when the change of court at short notice threw him badly.
I have to say BN, I seem to agree with you rather a lot, Andy will be ready for Berdy.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #68 on: September 06, 2012, 03:02 PM »

Saying this again here, in bold! For the first time in a while NO FEDAL in the semis!
Fed's loss ends a streak of 33 straights slam semi finals with either Fed or Nadal.
So since Australian Open 2004?

Wow.

I really think this is the beginning of the end for Fedal. Federer is back to #1 but with so many points to defend you can't help but feel Novak will be back on top before long (indeed if Nole does win the USO he will go back to #1) and he is getting on now. And then Nadal has his injury problems.

Sure, they'll both be around for a while yet, but I think their dominance is over by now (largely thanks to Novak that) and by the end of 2013 it will be Novak and Andy contesting the majors.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #69 on: September 06, 2012, 03:08 PM »

As I always say:
"The Future is MURRAY/DJOKOVIC"
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #70 on: September 06, 2012, 03:09 PM »

If I remember right, the semi last year was an evening match wasn't it? I remember staying up late to watch Andy win the 3rd set before Rafa finished him off.

So is it normally one SF during the day and one the evening?

If so, I hope Andy gets the night match.
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #71 on: September 06, 2012, 03:27 PM »

I missed seeing Fed go out as I turned the match off when they showed  a close up of his shoes with a gold cup and the number 5 on them. Puke.
I wonder if he has a pair with 6 on them?
I think Andy will do it in 3. I'd like to see an Andy Daveed final.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #72 on: September 06, 2012, 03:54 PM »

Anybody saying this match will be comfortable is insane.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #73 on: September 06, 2012, 04:08 PM »

Also why do I see everybody saying Murray will play on Saturday? I thought they changed that this year and it's going to be on Friday?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #74 on: September 06, 2012, 04:32 PM »

I watched the match last night, so did a couple of others.
Check out the 'US Open-The Other Players' thread for our running commentary.

I've seen Berdych up close and personal. He's not that scary.  nervous
He reminds me of Lendl.

Lordy, lordy scot, I find Lendl verrrry scary.. nervous
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 158 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »