Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 ... 158 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 26719 times)
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2175 on: September 08, 2012, 10:16 PM »

Murray is going to have two days rest. Good on him.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2176 on: September 08, 2012, 10:17 PM »

Andy's match was almost 4 hours long. They are expecting rain this evening so this match, if it doesn't finish tonight, will move to tomorrow before the ladies' final. This means Monday final and it's a good thing especially if Ferrer can push Noel really hard or even win.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2177 on: September 08, 2012, 10:17 PM »

How many times have we heard that Very Happy

But yeah, I think it's his best chance primarily because it's coming after his Olympic win and secondly because Federer is not in front of him.
I know right. I've always cringed in the past when I heard it, but for once I genuinely feel this is his best chance. Because of where he is, how much he's improved, especially mentally. That more than anything else. And the Olympics, of course.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2178 on: September 08, 2012, 10:17 PM »

Wow, welcome newbies wave
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2179 on: September 08, 2012, 10:17 PM »

How many times have we heard that Very Happy

But yeah, I think it's his best chance primarily because it's coming after his Olympic win and secondly because Federer is not in front of him.
Heard it loads to the point of abject disappointment.  Not in Andy - God knows he has given us fans all he can, and it's not about our pleasure in what he does - we are vicarious bystanders.  Olympic Gold was awesome - he totally destroyed the GOAT.   I'd just like him to win a Slam - if anyone deserves it, it's him.  So deserving of it.
IP Logged
gee666
Satellite Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2180 on: September 08, 2012, 10:17 PM »

Great article about the match here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/sep/08/andy-murray-tomas-berdych-us-open?newsfeed=true
Great quotes about times Andy has had to battle the weather as well as his opponent,such as "At times, he played faster than the wind, as he has done when required to in the past, such as in disposing of Ivan Dodig in exactly two hours in the first week ahead of the forecast downfall. He did it at Wimbledon against Marcos Baghdatis to break the night-time curfew by a couple of minutes."

that is a good read
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2181 on: September 08, 2012, 10:18 PM »

lmao maybe it was different conditions in that other match!
Amazing that they couldnt wait until the 1st set was finished.
Very unfair to David Ferrer.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2182 on: September 08, 2012, 10:18 PM »

I know right. I've always cringed in the past when I heard it, but for once I genuinely feel this is his best chance. Because of where he is, how much he's improved, especially mentally. That more than anything else. And the Olympics, of course.

Well, before the match, you had a different take on things really. :p
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2183 on: September 08, 2012, 10:18 PM »

He's a different person post-Olympics... it's got to happen this time yes
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2184 on: September 08, 2012, 10:19 PM »

Nole ~  thank god for tornadoes.  thank god.
IP Logged
Kavanaugh
Satellite Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2185 on: September 08, 2012, 10:19 PM »

A very excitable one i would guess

I actually watched the Wimbledon final with my boss and his wife as they have a projector and a channel that got the tennis on it ... let's just say I'm never watching a final in the company of anybody who's not a rabid tennis/Andy fan again.  Embarassed  They were both lovely but somewhat bemused by my equally rampant celebrations and screams of anguish during the later stages ... for the Olympics it was back to squinting at Skype but it was one of the happiest blurry moments of my life.  yay

Just feeling so lovely and positive about this Slam.  Andy's mental strength has been something else.  An absolute joy and when his game is working the tennis is so beautiful I want to cry sometimes Smile
IP Logged
Woos
Challenger Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2186 on: September 08, 2012, 10:19 PM »

Damn that means I won't be at home to watch the final Frown
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2187 on: September 08, 2012, 10:20 PM »

Seemingly no player has got to 5 major finals and lost them all - I take that as a good omen!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2188 on: September 08, 2012, 10:20 PM »

arthur ashe evacuated

Tornado warning apparently.

Feel for the other players. How often has Andy been in that position?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2189 on: September 08, 2012, 10:20 PM »

Murray is going to have two days rest. Good on him.
I suppose but I've never thought it does him any good mentally. I get the feeling one reason he's better at standard tournaments is because the matches are on consecutive days. Two days makes me feel a little uneasy.

But at least this time he has Lendl with him.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 ... 158 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »