Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 26681 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2310 on: September 09, 2012, 09:17 AM »

This is really,really short,and pretty bad quality,but he looks so happy,I thought you might like to see it-hopefully someone will post a clear,full version soon

Not mine,by the way.Full credit to whoever put it up.I just saw it when googling!

Lovely. Smile  And Andy really admires Sir Alex, so he'd be pretty chuffed at meeting him.

I can confirm this thread is a new record Smile
Thanks. Smile
[ Last edit by Aileen September 09, 2012, 09:31 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2311 on: September 09, 2012, 09:26 AM »

Woke up really angry after finding out Murray's on at 9:00pm tomorrow.

Calmed down after realising that's British time Smile

lol  I made the same mistake when I first saw it.  These time zones do my head in.

Surely the BBC will show it, given Andy's in it?  I checked their website yesterday and broadcasting arrangements had yet to be made for the final, so I guess they were waiting to see if Andy got through or not.  Gonna be some very unhappy tennis fans if they don't.  Not everyone has Sky.
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2312 on: September 09, 2012, 09:31 AM »

lol  I made the same mistake when I first saw it.  These time zones do my head in.

Surely the BBC will show it, given Andy's in it?  I checked their website yesterday and broadcasting arrangements had yet to be made for the final, so I guess they were waiting to see if Andy got through or not.  Gonna be some very unhappy tennis fans if they don't.  Not everyone has Sky.

ah thats great means i wont miss it ,well i well if they only show it on sky  that is definetly 9pm our time people is it  come on bbc show the game after all andy is the olympic champ
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2313 on: September 09, 2012, 09:35 AM »

ah thats great means i wont miss it ,well i well if they only show it on sky  that is definetly 9pm our time people is it  come on bbc show the game after all andy is the olympic champ
And the Paralympics will be over too.  No excuses, I say!
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2314 on: September 09, 2012, 09:36 AM »

Which website did you see that on?

I would've thought that the BBC wouldn't be able to show it if Sky have the rights. Does anyone remember if the BBC showed the 2008 final?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2315 on: September 09, 2012, 09:47 AM »

Which website did you see that on?

I would've thought that the BBC wouldn't be able to show it if Sky have the rights. Does anyone remember if the BBC showed the 2008 final?
BBC3 showed the 2009 Fed/Delpo final for no particularly good reason, so Shrug  Anyway I've just checked their website for 2008 and it seems that they didn't - but I like this photo they posted.  Andy's changed a bit since then! lol

IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2316 on: September 09, 2012, 10:01 AM »

BBC3 showed the 2009 Fed/Delpo final for no particularly good reason, so Shrug  Anyway I've just checked their website for 2008 and it seems that they didn't - but I like this photo they posted.  Andy's changed a bit since then! lol

Seems unlikely that the BBC will be able to show it. But maybe since it's on Monday, Sky don't fully have the rights to prevent it being shown on the BBC?

I don't live in the UK currently so it shouldn't concern me too much but it would be a shame if Andy wins and only Sky viewers were able to see it. I want the nation to be involved.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2317 on: September 09, 2012, 10:01 AM »

Looks so young and wild. Love him tender
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2318 on: September 09, 2012, 10:06 AM »

Seems unlikely that the BBC will be able to show it. But maybe since it's on Monday, Sky don't fully have the rights to prevent it being shown on the BBC?

I don't live in the UK currently so it shouldn't concern me too much but it would be a shame if Andy wins and only Sky viewers were able to see it. I want the nation to be involved.

So how come they showed the 2009 final (can't remember if it was a Sunday or a Monday - just remember watching it)?

Surely after the Olympic gold Andy deserves that respect.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2319 on: September 09, 2012, 10:08 AM »

What's the most slam finals in the mens game that anybody has got to without winning one up to that point?
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2320 on: September 09, 2012, 10:23 AM »

What's the most slam finals in the mens game that anybody has got to without winning one up to that point?
In the open era, apart from Murray only Lendl lost in 4 slam finals before winning one.

If Murray loses on Monday, he'll hold the joint record with Fred Stolle who lost in 5 slam finals before winning his first in 1965.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2321 on: September 09, 2012, 10:35 AM »

Murray isn't just the most talented tennis player to win a slam.

I'd argue that he's one of the most talented athletes to never win a big prize in their respective sport.

LeBron James was the best example, but of course, the Heat won the NBA title last season.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2322 on: September 09, 2012, 10:43 AM »

I'm so happy.  like omg.  grinning like a Cheshire cat here.    buzzing like a wee bee.  BUZZZ.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2323 on: September 09, 2012, 10:54 AM »

So how come they showed the 2009 final (can't remember if it was a Sunday or a Monday - just remember watching it)?

Surely after the Olympic gold Andy deserves that respect.

They've done it before for a special match and I think it will at least be available on the red button.     I don't want to get ahead of myself but wouldn't it be wonderful if Andy could come to Glasgow on Friday for the parade as the US Open Champion AS WELL AS Olympic gold medallist!!!!
IP Logged
sickboy1888
Junior

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2324 on: September 09, 2012, 11:02 AM »

Why should Sky who show tennis 90% of the year and produce excellent coverage share coverage of the final with the BBC.Im sorry for being harsh but if you want to watch tennis over a year then you need to get Sky.I for one will look forward to and enjoy Skys brilliant coverage of Monday's final
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »