Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 25559 times)
laundry
Top Seed

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2325 on: September 09, 2012, 11:31 AM »

Saying if he does lose the final at least it will be some sort of achievement to hold the record number of final loses without winning one. :P
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2326 on: September 09, 2012, 11:46 AM »

Hi All,

I've got Sky, so I suppose it's academic for me, but it would be a shame if Andy's fans who haven't got Sky missed out on seeing him in his third big final of the year. The thing is, Sky Sports is expensive. I can only afford it because I don't have kids to provide for etc, whereas I'm sure some of Andy's fans do fall in to that category.

The other thing of course is that Andy is a British sportsman doing his thing on the global stage, or court technically lol, and the BBC is the main broadcaster in the country. The BBC should show some support for Andy, or rather, for British sport, and show the match if at all possible.

I seem to remember one year when Tim Henman was playing when the BBC interrupted normal programmes to show him in a match at the AO. I can't remember at what point in the tournament it was, possibly a semi or a quarter final I imagine, so it can be done, however that was before the AO got half decent coverage on the BBC, before the red button, or before I had that option. However, it obviously does come down to TV rights.

If the BBC showed it I don't know which I would watch. I assume Mark Petchey would commentate the final on Sky. So, would I want to listen to Petch trying to sound neutral (he was doing quite a good job of that yesterday, I got cross with him twice lol)? Or, would it be Andrew Castle and John Lloyd on the BBC? I suspect I'd stick with Petch....possibly. He'll have to arrange to be just a tiny bit biased though, just a bit lol.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2327 on: September 09, 2012, 11:48 AM »

Saying if he does lose the final at least it will be some sort of achievement to hold the record number of final loses without winning one. :P

Ah, but he's not going to lose. I've decided. Andy winning tomorrow is going to be my best birthday present lol.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2328 on: September 09, 2012, 11:54 AM »

BBC3 showed the 2009 Fed/Delpo final for no particularly good reason, so Shrug  Anyway I've just checked their website for 2008 and it seems that they didn't - but I like this photo they posted.  Andy's changed a bit since then! lol

Did you really have to post that photo, Aileen? LOL Smile
A big watermelon grin on FED-face  razz
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2329 on: September 09, 2012, 11:55 AM »

Hopefully no one will ever say that Andy can't play well in rough conditions as I've argued before that he can. This should settle things as this was as big a match as it can get.

Agree completely. I guess it's because of the variety Andy has, he had more options in his game. Berdych seems to be a belt it and hope kind of player to me.

I thought Andy's patience in those conditions was phenomenal. He didn't get too frustrated, he was so clearly thinking it through point by point. I think he showed so well that he is one of the most intelligent players out there. I was so impressed that he didn't seem to panic when Berdych was coming back to life. His courage in that tie break was amazing.

I feel so proud of him.
[ Last edit by teejay1 September 09, 2012, 12:59 PM ] IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2330 on: September 09, 2012, 11:56 AM »

Didnt Andy do well yesterday?
Three sirs there: Alex Fergie, (yummy) Sean Connery and Cliff Richard.

He'd not met Connery before, he admitted.
IP Logged
sickboy1888
Junior

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2331 on: September 09, 2012, 12:38 PM »

Hi All,

I've got Sky, so I suppose it's academic for me, but it would be a shame if Andy's fans who haven't got Sky missed out on seeing him in his third big final of the year. The thing is, Sky Sports is expensive. I can only afford it because I don't have kids to provide for etc, whereas I'm sure some of Andy's fans do fall in to that category.

The other thing of course is that Andy is a British sportsman doing his thing on the global stage, or court technically lol, and the BBC is the main broadcaster in the country. The BBC should show some support for Andy, or rather, for British sport, and show the match if at all possible.

I seem to remember one year when Tim Henman was playing when the BBC interrupted normal programmes to show him in a match at the AO. I can't remember at what point in the tournament it was, possibly a semi or a quarter final I imagine, so it can be done, however that was before the AO got half decent coverage on the BBC, before the red button, or before I had that option. However, it obviously does come down to TV rights.

If the BBC showed it I don't know which I would watch. I assume Mark Petchey would commentate the final on Sky. So, would I want to listen to Petch trying to sound neutral (he was doing quite a good job of that yesterday, I got cross with him twice lol)? Or, would it be Andrew Castle and John Lloyd on the BBC? I suspect I'd stick with Petch....possibly. He'll have to arrange to be just a tiny bit biased though, just a bit lol.

Andrew Castle is with Sky this fortnight so it wouldnt be him.

This gets on my nerve that everytime there is a big event with a British Sportsperson/Team people complain its not on BBC/ITV.If you like sport get Sky.Simple.Their a dedicated sport channel who devote hours to sport the BBC/ITV simply cant.

If you want more tennis on the BBC then you would end up paying more on your licence fee so you would pay for it anyway at some point.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2332 on: September 09, 2012, 12:55 PM »

Eurosport will probably be showing the final too?

If so, worth paying the small fee of £4.99/month to watch it online.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2333 on: September 09, 2012, 01:05 PM »

Didnt Andy do well yesterday?
Three sirs there: Alex Fergie, (yummy) Sean Connery and Cliff Richard.

He'd not met Connery before, he admitted.
Never thought id see Alex Ferguson described as yummy?
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2334 on: September 09, 2012, 03:09 PM »

Ahh, there you go then Robbie. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Little tongue man
 Very Happy
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2335 on: September 09, 2012, 03:20 PM »

vomit
IP Logged
gemf
Satellite Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2336 on: September 09, 2012, 04:18 PM »

i'm hoping Ferrer gets through today, Andy will demolish him i think.  Will be a little harder match if Djokovic gets through.  Andy deserves to win this this year
IP Logged
gemf
Satellite Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2337 on: September 09, 2012, 04:19 PM »

Hi All,

Its the same with F1 Sky took the coverage, its all about the money......
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2338 on: September 09, 2012, 04:26 PM »

And the Paralympics will be over too.  No excuses, I say!

Too bad for Joe though. ha ha
IP Logged
gemf
Satellite Level

Re: US Open Semi: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2339 on: September 09, 2012, 04:30 PM »

emma, is andy playing today or tomorrow?  I just had it up on my planner that he was playing 9pm uk time, but its disappeared.  I missed the match with Ferrer and Djokovic, its showing on sky sports 1 now as live, what happened did they have to postpone?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »