Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: So who's up for a semi-final spot again Nole or Mikhail?
That other Swiss maestro in 3 (as in 2008) Crying or Very sad ? - 6 (11.3%)
Someone's aiming for the Swiss no.1 position - Stan in 4? - 2 (3.8%)
No Australian Open déjà vu here - Stan takes it in 5? - 0 (0%)
Head hanging, back pulling and yelling aside, Andy takes this in 3? - 13 (24.5%)
Andy keeps Stans hoodoo going by not letting him get any further in 4? - 25 (47.2%)
The critics are poised but Andy hangs tough and fights it out in 5 - semi final here we come!? - 7 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 53

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 85 Go Down Reply
Author

USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka

(Read 16278 times)
caroline
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #990 on: September 05, 2013, 11:42 PM »

Its true what Andy said in his press interview its not possible to win all of the GS all of the time.And that's true. The only reason Fed was able to do it was because he was playing in a relatively weak era,so he basically didn't have much competition.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #991 on: September 05, 2013, 11:43 PM »

ABF @11.30pm SW only playing decent he'll probably never hit scorching shots like that again 90+ mile winners off both wings that's more than decent!!

Yeah becoz Andy's lead up shots and positioning were so poor .... If wawrinka can repeat that against Djoko ... fair enough. I just don't think he will.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #992 on: September 05, 2013, 11:45 PM »

No need for those nasty comments.  I didn't say anything towards you.    It said it in the heat of the moment.  It happens.   

For nasty read some of your own posts this evening. Andy lost a tennis match. He didn't do it to spite you or thwart your plans for his career, so going into the knife drawer is uncalled for.

As for others, it's nice to see a lot of perspective after this one, apart from the digs from the usual suspects. The loss is disappointing, but we'll be back and so will Andy. I'm sure he'll learn from this.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #993 on: September 05, 2013, 11:45 PM »

What players are obliged to do post match pressers?

I noticed robredo didn't do one after beating Olderer...
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #994 on: September 05, 2013, 11:48 PM »

I think they are all required to do it under the rules of the sport. That might be wrong, but I'm led to believe it is a requirement.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #995 on: September 05, 2013, 11:49 PM »

A lot of the players i think if not all. Robredo probably did do a post match presser for Spanish TV
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #996 on: September 05, 2013, 11:51 PM »

Anyhooo.... In Andy's absence I would prefer Djoko went on and won... don't want either Stan or Nadal to win. Nadal always looks like someone stole his lunch money...except when he has won. Stan looks like a pikey.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #997 on: September 05, 2013, 11:53 PM »

He did

http://2013.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2013-09-02/201309031378173002068.html

But I didn't see any after the Robredo/Evans match
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #998 on: September 05, 2013, 11:55 PM »

I think they are all required to do it under the rules of the sport. That might be wrong, but I'm led to believe it is a requirement.
It is, and they get fined if they don't do one, which I've always thought was a bit tough on the loser.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #999 on: September 05, 2013, 11:59 PM »

But I didn't see any after the Robredo/Evans match

Evans did one,but transcripts aren't provided for the smaller interview rooms apparently.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1000 on: September 06, 2013, 12:00 AM »

Disappointed in this result, especially as I was one of the mugs that thought Andy would blast it in 3. But heyho, life goes on.  Can scarcely believe some of the crap that's been shooting around above. Or maybe I can. There are some real egotists among us, some perhaps more subtle than others!!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1001 on: September 06, 2013, 12:20 AM »

Judy's nicer than me...

judy murray ‏@judmoo
WOWrinka @stanwawrinka Smile. I'm not happy with you :-) but I'm very happy for you xxx
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1002 on: September 06, 2013, 12:35 AM »

Damn, so we are deprived another decent match at this years US open, only chance left is Nadal vs Djoko in the final, although i could care less who wins that.

Andy hasn't been the same since Wimbledon clearly, looking at the bigger picture you can just tell he's not got motivation at the moment, which of course will have a knock on effect to his confidence. This loss isn't surprising after his first 4 rounds, i can't explain it really he just looks jaded to me.

Understandable i suppose after Wimbledon, the USO came too soon for him.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1003 on: September 06, 2013, 12:56 AM »

If only Andy had performed better in the masters events leading up to this slam he could have had the cakewalk draw that Rafa has had. It's infuriating.

I just read that Andy is playing 4 of the nest 5 weeks - Davis Cup, Bangkok, Toyko and Shanghai. I've found that I don't forward to the masters events as much as I did. I hope Andy gets the fire back soon. I want to see him fighting for every event. He needs to get the no.2 ranking back asap. As no.3 he's more likely to get either Rafa or Novak in a semi and the other in a final.   

I am gutted but this has been an amazing 12 months months for Andy. He might need a bit of time to come down from the high and re-evauluate his goals.
[ Last edit by IonaRed September 06, 2013, 01:00 AM ] IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1004 on: September 06, 2013, 01:03 AM »

Just makes you realise how good Djoko and Rafa are to win these things so often.  I wonder what effect it will have on the lead up to the WTF.  What's his next tournament?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 85 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »