Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: So who's up for a semi-final spot again Nole or Mikhail?
That other Swiss maestro in 3 (as in 2008) Crying or Very sad ? - 6 (11.3%)
Someone's aiming for the Swiss no.1 position - Stan in 4? - 2 (3.8%)
No Australian Open déjà vu here - Stan takes it in 5? - 0 (0%)
Head hanging, back pulling and yelling aside, Andy takes this in 3? - 13 (24.5%)
Andy keeps Stans hoodoo going by not letting him get any further in 4? - 25 (47.2%)
The critics are poised but Andy hangs tough and fights it out in 5 - semi final here we come!? - 7 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 53

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 85 Go Down Reply
Author

USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka

(Read 17871 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « on: September 04, 2013, 10:24 AM »

confused

No thread yet?  Well here's the H2H Very Happy

Business end of the tournie now and Andy's 17th QF cmonandy

* Murray vs Wawrinka.JPG (143.94 KB, 671x1046 - viewed 111 times.)
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 11:31 AM »

Have to say as much as a threat Wawrinka is, I am so glad it's not the Bird Man.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 11:36 AM »

Me too, don't know why as Stan is no push over, but Birdbitch feels more of a threat to me.
IP Logged
Cmongoose
Satellite Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 11:38 AM »

I had a feeling it would have been wawrinka.
His H2H against Berdych was good and he was playing very well
Murray in 3 as Wawrinka will be the more tired,
It's time for Andy to raise his game right up if he is truly serious about defending his title.
No slow starts, complaints about the court or the temperature he just needs to go out there and KILL.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 11:39 AM »

I feel Andy will up his game against Stan now we are getting to latter stages.

Andy in 3

cmon yeah   cmonandy
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 11:40 AM »

Me too, I don't think Stan has been byond a quarter in a slam before, where as Birdman has been to a few semis and even a final, so is up for the big occasion.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 11:50 AM »

Thanks Bevc for your HtoH  It seems a while since we heard from you Reading it brought back many memories when Andy was definitely superior to Wawrinka I hope he stays that way
 Welcome also to cmongoose you have some pertinent things to say However" killing " Wawrinka surely is not one of them Switzerland needs to have him around now that Federer is disappearing. Let's just have him soundly beaten!
IP Logged
Cmongoose
Satellite Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 12:06 PM »

Welcome also to cmongoose you have some pertinent things to say However" killing " Wawrinka surely is not one of them Switzerland needs to have him around now that Federer is disappearing. Let's just have him soundly beaten!

Thank you bennie,
I was, you know, being metaphorical about the "killing" although why we should care what Switzerland needs for anything is beyond me, those insufferable fence sitters.
But yes lets just settle for soundly beaten,
to the point of  stretcher
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 12:42 PM »

I fear this could go long as Stan will take heart from his match against Nole in AO.  But Andy will be ready for him.  Just hope he can put these slow starts behind him.  I'm sure he can beat Stan but my fear is that if it takes too long he'll be much more tired than Nole when it comes to the SF because Nole has had easier matches and I can't see Youzny causing him any problems especially after long match against Hewitt.
IP Logged
Hamish McHamish
Satellite Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 12:43 PM »

6-2 on hard courts and Wawrinka being 0-3 in QF appearances at slams. I like those stats, although Stan is certainly a different animal this year - mostly in between the ears. As long as Andy gets himself going from the outset he can hopefully make this a comfortable encounter but if he gives Stan anything to get his teeth into then it could be a different story.....Murray in 4 (provided he wins the first set)
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 01:51 PM »

I much prefer the idea of Stan compared to Berdych. Andy doesn't lead the head to head with Stan on hard courts for nothing.

Stan isn't easy of course, and when he's in the mood he can play very well, but you could say the same about Andy, just that Andy gets into the mood more often.

I don't anticipate a repeat of 2010 when Andy needed the doctor out twice during the match and ended up losing in four. This year I think he will come through. He might need four sets to do it, but I think he will make the semi's.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 02:01 PM »

The Scottish one in 4.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 02:07 PM »

^ I agree. Or maybe in 3. Depends which Stan shows up; he can be streaky and terrible. You just never know!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 02:17 PM »

I expect Andy to raise his level in this match to get ready for Nole, but I don't know by how much.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 02:59 PM »

Barring the French, 2012, when his back was crocked, I can't remember the last time Andy lost a Grand Slam quarter final (no doubt someone will remind us.)

The Andy of the Lendl era doesn't do early Slam exits. I truly believe that the size of the prize provides that extra bit of focus.

Providing that Andy doesn't suffer one of his "slow starts" then he'll have a Swiss-Roll over in three.  
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 85 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »