Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: So who's up for a semi-final spot again Nole or Mikhail?
That other Swiss maestro in 3 (as in 2008) Crying or Very sad ? - 6 (11.3%)
Someone's aiming for the Swiss no.1 position - Stan in 4? - 2 (3.8%)
No Australian Open déjà vu here - Stan takes it in 5? - 0 (0%)
Head hanging, back pulling and yelling aside, Andy takes this in 3? - 13 (24.5%)
Andy keeps Stans hoodoo going by not letting him get any further in 4? - 25 (47.2%)
The critics are poised but Andy hangs tough and fights it out in 5 - semi final here we come!? - 7 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 53

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 85 Go Down Reply
Author

USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka

(Read 15853 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 03:12 PM »

Must admit, a bit worried about this match.

Every time they play each other, I can't get that 2010 USO defeat out of my head. Even though Andy has beat Stan twice on hard since then, I'm always waiting for Stan to get his revenge.
He thrashed Andy in Monaco earlier this year, but that didn't come as a surprise to me as it was on clay. Andy's least favourite surface, and Stan's fave.

I also can't forget the hell of a match he gave Djoko at the AO this year.

Stan has been playing very well this tournament. Andy hasn't.

But then again, it's Andy, and he usually gets the job done in the end.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 03:16 PM »

Anyone know what time the semi finals are scheduled for on Saturday?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 03:29 PM »

Must admit, a bit worried about this match.

Every time they play each other, I can't get that 2010 USO defeat out of my head. Even though Andy has beat Stan twice on hard since then, I'm always waiting for Stan to get his revenge.
He thrashed Andy in Monaco earlier this year, but that didn't come as a surprise to me as it was on clay. Andy's least favourite surface, and Stan's fave.

I also can't forget the hell of a match he gave Djoko at the AO this year.

Stan has been playing very well this tournament. Andy hasn't.

But then again, it's Andy, and he usually gets the job done in the end.

My feelings exactly! nervous
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 03:37 PM »

After your bed time.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 03:37 PM »

Not sure, Ang. Play starts at 11:00am local.

Here's the link to the schedule:
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/eventschedule.html?promo=subnav
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 03:46 PM »

After your bed time.

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 03:48 PM »

Thanks Linda...yeah just says 11 start.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 04:06 PM »

This match should be a night match considering it's a better looking contest than Djokovic vs Youzhny, speaking of Djoko he hasn't really been tested at all, i wonder how he feels about that considering at Wimbledon the exact same thing happened in his early matches but he looked so cold in his match vs Delpo, i'm glad Andy has been tested now and should be approaching his best level from now on.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 04:44 PM »

yes but flipside of that gnome is that Nole will be a darn sight fresher than Andy (assuming for argument's sake that Andy beats Stan but I'm taking nothing fgr granted) in the SF as I'm sure Youzny will crumble after his long match against Hewitt whereas Andy could have a really long hard match to recover from.

btw loved your poll Linda
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 04:47 PM »

btw loved your poll Linda

Hear Hear!  Made me laugh out loud!
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 04:48 PM »

Wawrinka never made a slam SF before, hopefully there will be too much pressure on him.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 04:53 PM »

Well Andy likes playing players he knows well, Istomin and a few others were virtual unknowns with maybe 1 match played, and from experience the matches we think Andy will win comfortably usually end up being fights, and the matches we think he may have trouble with usually end up being straightforward.

Interesting little tidbit, the 1/4s here follow the 1/4s in Paris with 4 players with 1 handed backhands playing 4 players with 2 handed backhands, in Paris those with 2 handed got through, let's hope for the same here.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 04:54 PM »

Could someone who understands these things better than I do, give their thoughts on whether it would favour Andy against Stan to have a day or night match : talking about the conditions rather than the crowd.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 04:58 PM »

Could someone who understands these things better than I do, give their thoughts on whether it would favour Andy against Stan to have a day or night match : talking about the conditions rather than the crowd.

I think if it's humid during the day the balls are heavier and travel slower making it harder to hit through a player but at night the conditions are cooler and the ball travels faster. Against Stan i don't know which Andy would prefer to be honest, i suppose during the day Stan's backhand will be less of an issue with more chance of the shankings.

I'm no expert but this is the gist of things i get from comms and players
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #29 on: September 04, 2013, 05:08 PM »

I think it would suit andy to play during the day. firstly because the balls are heavier but also he is the fitter play if it should reach a fifth set. wawrinka is big guy weight wise. the wind also seems to come up during the evening. I may be wrong but I feel he will be happier to play wawrinka than berdych. good luck andy, up your game which I know he will. perhaps nole has peeked to soon but he has not had very hard matches. the test will come.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 85 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »