Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: So who's up for a semi-final spot again Nole or Mikhail?
That other Swiss maestro in 3 (as in 2008) Crying or Very sad ? - 6 (11.3%)
Someone's aiming for the Swiss no.1 position - Stan in 4? - 2 (3.8%)
No Australian Open déjà vu here - Stan takes it in 5? - 0 (0%)
Head hanging, back pulling and yelling aside, Andy takes this in 3? - 13 (24.5%)
Andy keeps Stans hoodoo going by not letting him get any further in 4? - 25 (47.2%)
The critics are poised but Andy hangs tough and fights it out in 5 - semi final here we come!? - 7 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 53

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 85 Go Down Reply
Author

USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka

(Read 16442 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013, 05:09 PM »

thanks gnome. They were saying the humidity had lifted today so it may not be so bad tomorrow either.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 06:10 PM »

When I look at the H2H I always look at how many of the victories were pretty Lendl, and how many on clay. Once you take those out of the equation it looks much better.

Also following the match last night, it seemed to me that both Berdych and Warwrinka were trying to "out choke" each other. I can't see Murray letting Warwrinka fail to serve a set out twice.  Am I talking nonsense again?

I am really hoping Gasguet can get rid of Ferrer shortly.  If Ferrer can go out before the Semi's I will be happy. It will be interesting to see Murray v Kneedal. Let's not forget that nobody has defended the US Open since Fed the pillock did it by beating Murray in 2008, so it's quite a big ask.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 06:17 PM »

and only seven men have ever done it apparently Masaka so if Andy did it would be a huge achievment.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 08:26 PM »

With the head to head, I look at them generally, then I look at the ones that are relevant to the surface. Andy leads 6-2 on hard against Stan.

Andy is familiar with Stan's game. I don't think you can overlook that.

I wouldn't suggest Stan is a pushover, Australia showed he isn't, but I'd be far more anxious if it was clay they were playing on.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 08:32 PM »

I think Andy's gonna be full revs from the off on this and blitz it in three.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 08:35 PM »

You guys have posted many interesting snippets of information about the two. I have the same feeling as my namesake, Linda, year 2010 when he lost to Stan. Worry  nervous

I hope his back has loosened up a bit more, so he can move more freely.
He wasnt his usual athletic self in the last match.

I'm voting for Andy in 4. Then he'll prove me wrong and do it in three. Surprised)

Glad to see Bev popping in for a H2H "quicky". About time girl ! lol
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #36 on: September 04, 2013, 08:48 PM »

Its a tough match... and Im not certain that Andy will win. If he plays his best tennis I think he will.... but I also feel that he needs to win this match in 3 straight...or in 4 in a match less than 3 hrs on court time. Djoko, whilst he hasnt been tested much due to lack of quality opponents thus far, may well be very fresh for the semi... and so Andy needs to be fresh too. Otherwise I feel we'll see a repeat of the Oz open final... where a fresh djoko beat a tired looking andy.

Im not optimistic of Andy's chances to retain the USopen ... I havent been since the draw was made....its very tough...having to beat Djoko and Nadal to win. Havent checked the stats but has anyone ever beaten the no1 & 2 back to back to win a slam?

That being said.... Djoko struggles v youhzny ...his h2h is only 5-3... so that could be very interesting if youhzny has recovered drom his long match with hewitt.
[ Last edit by ABF September 04, 2013, 08:55 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #37 on: September 04, 2013, 09:11 PM »

Glad to see Bev popping in for a H2H "quicky". About time girl ! lol

Indeed!

Neil Harman says Murray v Wawrinka NB 1.30 local on Ashe tomorrow, so 6.30 UK time
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #38 on: September 04, 2013, 09:12 PM »

Indeed!

Neil Harman says Murray v Wawrinka NB 1.30 local on Ashe tomorrow, so 6.30 UK time

Ajde! Gives me time to get home from college! I have Friday off so the time from 5.30 onwards wouldn't have mattered, but I'm glad its quite early.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #39 on: September 04, 2013, 09:21 PM »

Oh dear-Andy not thrilled at the time of the match tomorrow!(not putting in the names of the other tweeters as I don't know them!)

Neil Harman ‏‪@NeilHarmanTimes‬

Murray v Wawrinka NB 1.30 local on Ashe tomorrow

how in the world is that the day match? uso really is worst run slam

Neil Harman ‏‪
For once. GB television and paper considerations were taken into account. Prime time TV, chance of reaching Scottish papers 

Andy Murray ‏‪@andy_murray‬  

perfect for players too having finished press after midnight last night
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #40 on: September 04, 2013, 09:31 PM »

Not happy about a day match, especially after Andy's comment Frown
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #41 on: September 04, 2013, 09:34 PM »

Not happy about a day match, especially after Andy's comment Frown
Read his comment properly. He finished press after midnight last night after his night match maybe Andy will like the extra sleep.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #42 on: September 04, 2013, 09:54 PM »

Read his comment properly. He finished press after midnight last night after his night match maybe Andy will like the extra sleep.

Erm....what extra sleep? Andy sarcasm surely? He (and Stan) finished later yesterday, but get less recovery time.  Others are suggesting that Andy/Stan is going to be more entertaining than Djoko/Youzhny so ought to be the night match. Neil H is concerned about British newspapers and viewers (who cares about Serbian readers/viewers).

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #43 on: September 04, 2013, 10:00 PM »

well at least he's on Ashe, which he wasn't last year for the qfs.  And Andy did say he felt cold last night, which can't be good for his back.  But like others I feel very  nervous and may be clutching at straws as I agree that if he's to have any chance of defending his title he needs to see Stan off relatively quickly and I don't think that's going to be easy.  Couldn't bear it if Stan beat him again here so again very  nervous
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #44 on: September 04, 2013, 10:05 PM »

Please ban that emoticon
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 85 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »