Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: So who's up for a semi-final spot again Nole or Mikhail?
That other Swiss maestro in 3 (as in 2008) Crying or Very sad ? - 6 (11.3%)
Someone's aiming for the Swiss no.1 position - Stan in 4? - 2 (3.8%)
No Australian Open déjà vu here - Stan takes it in 5? - 0 (0%)
Head hanging, back pulling and yelling aside, Andy takes this in 3? - 13 (24.5%)
Andy keeps Stans hoodoo going by not letting him get any further in 4? - 25 (47.2%)
The critics are poised but Andy hangs tough and fights it out in 5 - semi final here we come!? - 7 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 53

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 85 Go Down Reply
Author

USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka

(Read 17114 times)
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #45 on: September 04, 2013, 10:10 PM »

Please ban that emoticon
  I like it. Reminds me of a busker with a moothie.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #46 on: September 04, 2013, 10:12 PM »

Read his comment properly. 

Cheeky naughty
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #47 on: September 04, 2013, 10:24 PM »

Please ban that emoticon

Agreed. I wasn't nervous before, but I am now.

Just having a laugh at this Djokovic interview. They just asked him if whoever wins the USO is really the world no.1, presumably assuming the winner will be either Andy, Djokovic or Nadal. He came out with 'the rankings don't lie....' etc. Yes, right Novak, you're not at all worried are you?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #48 on: September 04, 2013, 10:26 PM »

don't blame the emoticon
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #49 on: September 04, 2013, 10:48 PM »

don't blame the emoticon

No, that's true, it's just me being ridiculous Smile.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #50 on: September 04, 2013, 10:50 PM »

Stan's thoughts on facing Andy.Normally,after so long of him being in Fed's shadow,I'd be pleased for him that he's sounding so confident-but just now it's aggravatingly so!

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/sep/04/us-open-2013-stanislas-wawrinka-andy-murray

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23966036
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #51 on: September 04, 2013, 11:01 PM »

Dani I never take much notice of pre-match interviews. The idea of them is to send messages to opponents, in other words, to play head games. You could read those one way and suggest Stan believes. You could read them another way and suggest he is talking himself in to it.

It might not be easy for Andy, but it sure as heck won't be easy for Stan either. You don't get a 6-2 head to head on hard courts for nothing.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #52 on: September 04, 2013, 11:02 PM »

Dani I never take much notice of pre-match interviews. The idea of them is to send messages to opponents, in other words, to play head games. You could read those one way and suggest Stan believes. You could read them another way and suggest he is talking himself in to it.

It might not be easy for Andy, but it sure as heck won't be easy for Stan either. You don't get a 6-2 head to head on hard courts for nothing.

Thanks Teejay-needed that reassurance! hug
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #53 on: September 04, 2013, 11:10 PM »

Not before 18:30 UK time - perfect for me! cmon yeah
IP Logged
myren
Junior

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #54 on: September 04, 2013, 11:20 PM »

Don't believe for a moment that match timing was based on "consideration" for U.K. media.  The US doesn't care about British media. In the US it is the US media that counts.

Anyway, best motto  -  "Don't Get Mad, Get Even"

Likely to make Andy more determined than ever.  Andy is going to take this thing all the way.
IP Logged
morog

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #55 on: September 04, 2013, 11:38 PM »

Thats what i feel myren, whether it was Berdych or Wawrinka he knew he had a hard match coming up. I am sure Lendl will have give him confidence to believe in his great ability, our Andy will always give us a bumpy ride, but when he is successful it gladdens our hearts. I AM SO PROUD OF HIM,come on Andy, you can do this
IP Logged
Tonedial
Challenger Level

WORTH THE WAIT

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #56 on: September 05, 2013, 12:03 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/sep/04/us-open-2013-andy-murray-wawrinka?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #57 on: September 05, 2013, 12:08 AM »

Stan played fabulous tennis against Tbird so Andy needs to be on his game. He's a really tricky one to play better than Berdy--- yeh but not by much.

Anyway on a HC at a slam i have confidence in Andy and believe he'll deliver the goods just hope its not a 4-5 setter really as he needs as much energy as he can for the potential later rounds.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #58 on: September 05, 2013, 12:14 AM »

Good timing for me too. Will be able to get up early and watch it before work rather than having to record during the day (like yesterday) and avoid the result until I can watch in the evening.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #59 on: September 05, 2013, 12:27 AM »

A positive for Andy having the day match is that there is more recovery time for the semis. The players who played their QFs today get 2 days off before the semis, whereas the players who play their matches tomorrow get only one, and the player who plays the night match gets even less time. So that's one positive aspect.

teejay1, Djokovic is behind Rafa in race points this year. Still he's been the most consistent at the slams in 2013, with Win, Semis, & Finals. Rafa missed the AO and lost in round 1 at Wimbledon and ANdy had to miss the FO. So I think he has earned his #1 spot for as long as it lasts. If he loses tmrw, i think he could lose it if Rafa wins the whole thing. It's probably a matter of time unless he wins the Open. He got to number 1 by winning lots and being consistent; it's not like he's won a bunch of mickey-mouse events.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 85 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »