Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: So who's up for a semi-final spot again Nole or Mikhail?
That other Swiss maestro in 3 (as in 2008) Crying or Very sad ? - 6 (11.3%)
Someone's aiming for the Swiss no.1 position - Stan in 4? - 2 (3.8%)
No Australian Open déjà vu here - Stan takes it in 5? - 0 (0%)
Head hanging, back pulling and yelling aside, Andy takes this in 3? - 13 (24.5%)
Andy keeps Stans hoodoo going by not letting him get any further in 4? - 25 (47.2%)
The critics are poised but Andy hangs tough and fights it out in 5 - semi final here we come!? - 7 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 53

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 85 Go Down Reply
Author

USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka

(Read 16537 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1005 on: September 06, 2013, 01:03 AM »

It's dissapointing yeah, but it's something he has had a problem with for a while now, there have been only 2 times this year where i felt i was watching him at his best, and that was at the AO and the Queens/Wimbledon run.

IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1006 on: September 06, 2013, 01:06 AM »

Just makes you realise how good Djoko and Rafa are to win these things so often.  I wonder what effect it will have on the lead up to the WTF.  What's his next tournament?

Davis Cup & then Bangkok, Toyko and Shanghai.
IP Logged
LORD WONK

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1007 on: September 06, 2013, 01:18 AM »

Hopefully he will be over Wimbledon by next Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1008 on: September 06, 2013, 01:20 AM »

Thank you, IonaRed.  Davis Cup could be the perfect tonic right now.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1009 on: September 06, 2013, 01:29 AM »

Thank you, IonaRed.  Davis Cup could be the perfect tonic right now.

I agree.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1010 on: September 06, 2013, 01:38 AM »

Hopefully he will be over Wimbledon by next Wimbledon.

Yeah.. Rolling Eyes

He might be recovering from an AO win.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1011 on: September 06, 2013, 02:17 AM »

The comms are discussing the Andy match at the moment, funny how Luke Jensen was picking Andy to win but now is saying the NY crowd don't like him, the vultures are quick to circle in tennis.

Anyway they were discussing why Andy is not playing with total abandon now, with a huge smile slapped on his face and saying that surely after Wimbledon it's all gravy from now on, but in his match he looked like the world was still against him, he looked dejected and down on himself.

I sort of get their point, I must admit i was one of those people who thought that after Wimbledon we would see a new visibly relaxed player, it's quite frustrating to see him still mutter to himself, shout at his box and generally just look like he won the lottery but lost the ticket.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1012 on: September 06, 2013, 02:18 AM »

Just makes you realise how good Djoko and Rafa are to win these things so often.  I wonder what effect it will have on the lead up to the WTF.  What's his next tournament?

Yeah exactly.... it highlights the level of consistency that Andy needs to aspire to if he ever wants that No1 spot... coz neither of those guys are going to give up that spot without a fight.

In fact some people on here are just assuming Andy will win more slams.... he will have a good chance if he gets his form back and continues trying to improve in the same manner Rafa and Djoko do after a defeat ....he certainly won't win more playing the way he has done since winning wimbledon.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1013 on: September 06, 2013, 02:33 AM »

Yeah exactly.... it highlights the level of consistency that Andy needs to aspire to if he ever wants that No1 spot... coz neither of those guys are going to give up that spot without a fight.

In fact some people on here are just assuming Andy will win more slams.... he will have a good chance if he gets his form back and continues trying to improve in the same manner Rafa and Djoko do after a defeat ....he certainly won't win more playing the way he has done since winning wimbledon.
Look at 2009 and 2011 seasons
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1014 on: September 06, 2013, 02:43 AM »

The comms are discussing the Andy match at the moment, funny how Luke Jensen was picking Andy to win but now is saying the NY crowd don't like him, the vultures are quick to circle in tennis.

Anyway they were discussing why Andy is not playing with total abandon now, with a huge smile slapped on his face and saying that surely after Wimbledon it's all gravy from now on, but in his match he looked like the world was still against him, he looked dejected and down on himself.

I sort of get their point, I must admit i was one of those people who thought that after Wimbledon we would see a new visibly relaxed player, it's quite frustrating to see him still mutter to himself, shout at his box and generally just look like he won the lottery but lost the ticket.

To be fair ...I got the impression the majority of the crowd was going for Wawrinka also...maybe coz he was the underdog. They also don't support Djokovic... NYC has a huge spanish population so its not surprising the go for Nadal. The Fed support I dont get tho...but then he got huge support in WTF last year in London and that was pretty weird.

Andy should have been confident in that match...and yet showed no confidence in anything he did. The current USopen holder at that....bizarre!...and yes very frustrating as a Murray fan. Wawrinka ..a player who has never been in a slam final... let alone won a slam...showed confidence in his game plan and in himself...you would have thought he was the current champion between them.

Andy needs to focus on getting his confidence back ...not so much for WTF ....but defo for the OZopen. A similar performance there will coz problems for him...I fear.

IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1015 on: September 06, 2013, 02:49 AM »

Look at 2009 and 2011 seasons

You mean because the most consistent players were No1 ...Fed 2009 & Djoko 2011?
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1016 on: September 06, 2013, 03:15 AM »

You mean because the most consistent players were No1 ...Fed 2009 & Djoko 2011?
Look at Andy results outside of slams. He had really some respectable Clay results in 2011.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1017 on: September 06, 2013, 05:42 AM »

Just saw the score of this match. Frankly, I'm more disgusted than disappointed. Expected Andy to at least fight if he was going to lose. 9 games, that's all he won. Didn't watch any of the USO matches so don't really know how he was playing.

Anyway, waiting for the next tournament. cmon yeah
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1018 on: September 06, 2013, 06:51 AM »

Andy will never be consistent.    He hasn't peaked.   Most of his tournament wins this year have been because of the other players that have flopped, not because Andy played great tennis.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1019 on: September 06, 2013, 07:01 AM »

^ You can probably say that about many players. Draws seldom go to plan.
Having said that Stan has come through the most difficult draw of the top 4. Followed by Gasquet.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 85 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »