Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: So who's up for a semi-final spot again Nole or Mikhail?
That other Swiss maestro in 3 (as in 2008) Crying or Very sad ? - 6 (11.3%)
Someone's aiming for the Swiss no.1 position - Stan in 4? - 2 (3.8%)
No Australian Open déjà vu here - Stan takes it in 5? - 0 (0%)
Head hanging, back pulling and yelling aside, Andy takes this in 3? - 13 (24.5%)
Andy keeps Stans hoodoo going by not letting him get any further in 4? - 25 (47.2%)
The critics are poised but Andy hangs tough and fights it out in 5 - semi final here we come!? - 7 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 53

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 85 Go Down Reply
Author

USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka

(Read 15404 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1170 on: September 07, 2013, 12:37 PM »

On the other hand some might see it as more complimentrary to Andy if Djokovic also lost to Wawrinka. Just a thought ...
have to admit that's my thinking ww.   And Masaka some people do come into their own later than others when it comes to winning tournaments.  I think Stan's problems have been in his head largely in the past and he seems to have overcome them.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1171 on: September 07, 2013, 12:39 PM »

On the other hand some might see it as more complimentrary to Andy if Djokovic also lost to Wawrinka. Just a thought ...

I hadn't thought of that. You might well be right.  I will ponder it. If he gets through, it will be a Serena Williams style mauling by Kneedal the Spanish Federer (arrogant and odious).

What do other people think?

You have confused me Wimbledonwestie  and that's not easy to do - unless you are a piece of flat packed furniture or a recipe.
[ Last edit by Masaka September 07, 2013, 12:44 PM ] IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1172 on: September 07, 2013, 12:43 PM »

have to admit that's my thinking ww.   And Masaka some people do come into their own later than others when it comes to winning tournaments.  I think Stan's problems have been in his head largely in the past and he seems to have overcome them.

You are probably right. I don't know enough about sport to comment with any degree of knowledge. I will take your view on board (no I am not intending to be sarcastic if that's how it comes across).
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1173 on: September 07, 2013, 12:47 PM »

no it doesn't come across as sarcastic Masaka.  Let's see how Stan does today and for rest of year [he could make WTF at this rate].  He could be about to come into his own or it could be a flash in the pan.  I somehow suspect it's the former but I could easily be wrong!  That said I don't think he'll reach the heights of the old fab four.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1174 on: September 07, 2013, 12:50 PM »

I hadn't thought of that. You might well be right.  I will ponder it. If he gets through, it will be a Serena Williams style mauling by Kneedal the Spanish Federer (arrogant and odious).

You have confused me Wimbledonwestie  and that's not easy to do - unless you are a piece of flat packed furniture or a recipe.

Why so bitter? Nadal is a better player than Andy naturally.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1175 on: September 07, 2013, 12:50 PM »

I hadn't thought of that. You might well be right.  I will ponder it. If he gets through, it will be a Serena Williams style mauling by Kneedal the Spanish Federer (arrogant and odious).

You have confused me Wimbledonwestie  and that's not easy to do - unless you are a piece of flat packed furniture or a recipe.
  nah Nah.....your first thought was right Masaka! It has to be, because it's the one I agree with!  Wink
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1176 on: September 07, 2013, 12:56 PM »

Why so bitter? Nadal is a better player than Andy naturally.

I am not bitter. Without going over old ground I don't like cheats, and regardless of the doping issue Kneedal cheats, all those MTO's and extra time between points etc.

Is he a better natural player than Murray? Serious question. Can I have the idiot level answer please.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1177 on: September 07, 2013, 12:58 PM »

Never been compared to flat pack furniture or a recipe before lol.  Just thinking that people are criticising Andy for losing to Stan as if stan is some talentless nobody. Following it up by beating Djokovic would show the ignoramuses out there that he can indeed play and that all top guys can be beaten.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1178 on: September 07, 2013, 01:00 PM »

Um Teejay, read in midst of this thread you have your voice back - can you kid on you don't when Andy plays - he seems to do better when you can't speak  :p

That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that!  Very Happy

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1179 on: September 07, 2013, 01:01 PM »

I agree with that ww though no doubt Nole would put up more of a fight and so critics would use that as a stick with which to beat Andy, not taking account of the circumstances post-wimbledon, so well spelt out by Mac.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1180 on: September 07, 2013, 01:03 PM »

I am not bitter. Without going over old ground I don't like cheats, and regardless of the doping issue Kneedal cheats, all those MTO's and extra time between points etc.

Is he a better natural player than Murray? Serious question. Can I have the idiot level answer please.

Yes he is a better player than Andy, he has 12 Slams to his name, an olympic gold, Career Grand Slam etc. The idiot level answer would be what you have been throwing around for a few weeks - about NADAL (not Kneedal ignorant fool) doping. Which I'm pretty sure he hasn't been doing. Taking MTO's and extra time between points isn't cheating because if it was the rules wouldn't allow for it, and they do.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1181 on: September 07, 2013, 01:08 PM »

Never been compared to flat pack furniture or a recipe before lol.  Just thinking that people are criticising Andy for losing to Stan as if stan is some talentless nobody. Following it up by beating Djokovic would show the ignoramuses out there that he can indeed play and that all top guys can be beaten.

Now you have convinced me. If he gets through Kneedal will have him as a ritual sacrifice so it won't make any real difference. I suppose it's more that we have almost got rid of one Swiss player. I am not ready for another one to start running rampant yet.

Mind you given what happened at Wimbledon, if Djokovic beats him it will reinforce just how out of sorts Murray was. That's another way possible interpretation?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1182 on: September 07, 2013, 01:12 PM »

Now you have convinced me. If he gets through Kneedal will have him as a ritual sacrifice so it won't make any real difference. I suppose it's more that we have almost got rid of one Swiss player. I am not ready for another one to start running rampant yet.

Mind you given what happened at Wimbledon, if Djokovic beats him it will reinforce just how out of sorts Murray was. That's another way possible interpretation?

This Kneedal **** is getting boring, change it or you're not going to be taken seriously by anyone.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1183 on: September 07, 2013, 01:14 PM »

To be honest, I don't think Andy will care who wins either way! We can only guess about why he lost that match, but Andy doesn't have to.......he already knows!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: USO 2013 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka « Reply #1184 on: September 07, 2013, 01:19 PM »

Obviously Nadal is a more successful player; whether he is a more talented player than Andy is another question.  His sheer will to win is phenomenal.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 85 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »