Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 57 Go Down Reply
Author

USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra

(Read 15786 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 06:36 PM »

I think we should remember Llodra's English is not great, and we should also remember what happened to Andy and 'anybody than the English,' . I have always enjoyed watching Llodra play tennis and the match at the Aussie Open was played in such a good spirit. I wasn't present when Llodra said whatever, and actions and words are often completely blown up by the media, therefore I have absolutely nothing against Llodra and I certainly don't think he is a racist.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 06:41 PM »

author=Sabine link=topic=26846.msg927236#msg927236 date=1377188770]
Fast as always. Smile
With the speed of greased lightning ... Rolling Eyes

Have no time for Llodra anymore,but like you Ruthie,I really enjoyed that match.Here's hoping the winner is the same this time!
It was an amazing match, and so good-natured as well.  Both players really seemed to enjoy it.  I remember thinking at the time that I wished more matches could be like that.

OK so Llodra spoilt things a bit by his offensive comment, but I'm sure a lot of us have said regrettable and hurtful things in the heat of the moment, so I don't hold it against him.  Despite his outward appearance of enjoying of the match he must have been feeling pretty frustrated inside.  He played some great tennis but just couldn't get on top of things.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 06:44 PM »

I think we should remember Llodra's English is not great, and we should also remember what happened to Andy and 'anybody than the English,' . I have always enjoyed watching Llodra play tennis and the match at the Aussie Open was played in such a good spirit. I wasn't present when Llodra said whatever, and actions and words are often completely blown up by the media, therefore I have absolutely nothing against Llodra and I certainly don't think he is a racist.
yes but it sounds like he made the original comment in French and I'm afraid I find such a comment unacceptable whatever the heat of the moment Aileen.  It betrays a certain mindset doesn't it?  That said it didn't change the fact it was a hugely enjoyable match.  Was that when he said it btw?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 06:50 PM »

yes but it sounds like he made the original comment in French and I'm afraid I find such a comment unacceptable whatever the heat of the moment Aileen.  It betrays a certain mindset doesn't it?  That said it didn't change the fact it was a hugely enjoyable match.  Was that when he said it btw?
I've made equally unacceptable comments Ruthie in the heat of the moment but only under my breath and hope nobody heard them!  Unfortunately Llodra's were said out loud and relayed to millions of people.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 06:51 PM »

and it would seem were directed at the woman concerned so that she heard them, regardless of whether or not millions of other heard them Aileen
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 06:58 PM »

This was definitely the most entertaining game of the match.  Superb tennis, Llodra's tweener and Andy ending up falling over on his back!

IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 07:21 PM »

I guess its pretty subjective what equates to great tennis. I thonk of great tennis as a close match between 2 players of slightly differing styles. Murray v Llodra is just rediculously 1 sided match up ...with Andy just relaxing and playing for fun. For me ... boring ... but I get why people like that kinda match. Its fun tennis.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 08:48 PM »

I guess its pretty subjective what equates to great tennis. I thonk of great tennis as a close match between 2 players of slightly differing styles. Murray v Llodra is just rediculously 1 sided match up ...with Andy just relaxing and playing for fun. For me ... boring ... but I get why people like that kinda match. Its fun tennis.
I certainly wouldn't want every match to be like that one, but a few more of them wouldn't go amiss.  A steady diet of high-intensity matches doesn't have much appeal for me.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 08:56 PM »

My take on Llodra and his poor English referred to the bit where he is reported to have said the bit about loving the Chinese and it came out that he enjoyed making love with....
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 09:15 PM »

It would be nice if we could focus on the tennis and let this unfortunate matter drop.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 09:42 PM »

Mr Murray Multi Slam Champ in 3
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 09:43 PM »

It would be nice if we could focus on the tennis and let this unfortunate matter drop.

Agreed, seems like some are just finding excuses to hate every opponent Andy has.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 01:35 AM »

One match at a time cmonandy

* Murray vs Llodra.JPG (121.95 KB, 841x921 - viewed 68 times.)
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #28 on: August 23, 2013, 06:30 AM »

I loved this match as it lightened the seriousness of the rest of the tournament.  I am sure Llodra knew he would not beat an on form Andy and so made it a crowd pleasing match.  The tennis was actually extremely good in spite of the messing around.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 07:40 AM »

This was definitely the most entertaining game of the match.  Superb tennis, Llodra's tweener and Andy ending up falling over on his back!

If I remember right, I was watching Jamie in doubles whilst this match was on, since we didn't have centre court tickets that day.  Jamie and Xavier Malisse lost Frown

The glass of wine at work today obviously blew my brain cells - this is on Hisense and I didn't go in 2012 - my parents were visiting lmao  I'm so blonde at times.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 57 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »