Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 57 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra  (Read 14191 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #45 on: August 24, 2013, 08:51 PM »

I'm not assassinating Llondra's character, so if you really want to stick to the topic, why pick a fight with something I'd not said. 

I was expecting to come back in here to find a discussion of the match, but as you've accused me of being all nasty and judgemental I feel obliged to defend myself, but anyone who has given a positive or negative opinion of his character, can't complain if someone else gives a view, even if it isn't the one you agree with.

I was pointing out that many tennis fans had reached that view regardless of whether or not they are Murray fans, and long before this particular match-up was announced.  Those are facts, and have nothing to do with my personal feelings towards him or what he said. 

All I said about him was that he's an arse, which is pretty tame considering, and fully takes into account that apart form his pathetic attempt as an apology, he's kept his nose clean and assumes his comments came from ignorance, not nastiness.  It also takes into account that he failed to give anything resembling an actual apology, or any understanding of what was wrong with what he'd said.  If he was regularly spouting similar language, I'd have used something much stronger.

My only point was that people should be allowed to say they don't like someone who was caught using racist and misogynistic language, without being branded as an obsessive fan looking for excuses to hate someone.  If people want to give him the benefit of the doubt - that's fine.  It supports the point that being one of Andy's opponents is irrelevant to whether or not people like him.  I'm not criticising anyone who likes him, or who doesn't think it's a big deal.  I'm supporting the right for people to have honest opinions.

As for the match, I hope it's a good, but fairly straightforward one for Andy.  Andy will be a bit nervous, but so will Llondra.  With a bit of luck, nerves will settle on both sides fairly quickly to provide some stuff a bit like we saw in Australia.  A similar score would be appreciated too.
I apologise Sparkle.  I didn't mean to come on as strong as I did.  I'd just been getting bit niggled because the thread seemed to be focussing more on that incident than on the tennis and Andy in particular.

Llodra isn't new to all kinds of controversy, and he's already been accused of racist comments in the past.
The woman in the crowd had her trip paid for to Indian Wells this year by the tournament director as an apology for last year. Llodra had refused to phone her personally at the time, but later sent a hand-written apology and a t-shirt.

Here he is relieving himself into a waterbottle on court. Notice there's a young ballgirl standing right next to him. This was at a Davis Cup match earlier this year. Classy.

Thanks.  I didn't know anything about previous racist comments.  And as for peeing into a water bottle - that's what male players had to do before 'bathroom breaks' were introduced.  Meanwhile I suppose women just had to hang on, although I do know that if a man's gotta go he's gotta go, although surely Llodra could have managed to make it to the loo?  Certainly his team-mates don't look too pleased about it!

Anyway on the subject of bathroom breaks -

The rules of tennis are very clear when it comes to bathroom breaks. The rules state that a bathroom break must only be taken during a set break during a match or if it is taken during a set, it must happen before a player’s own service game. If a player takes a break at any other time during the match, they do so on their own prerogative and they will be docked points for the time they spend in the bathroom. The reason this is done is because a player is discouraged from taking too many bathroom breaks during a match and disrupt the flow of the match and the other player. Also it is a way to make sure that a player does not do anything illegal during a bathroom break or cheat in any way.

And the 'great' Roger Federer was docked a whole game for taking a break during the 2010 AO QF because he said the sun was getting in his eyes and affecting his game and he wanted to wait a few minutes to let it move away from the court so's his game would improve, adding that he'd also used the toilet as well.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 24, 2013, 09:06 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #46 on: August 24, 2013, 09:24 PM »

Day 1 schedule is out... Rafa and Roger on Ashe. No Murray.
Thanks Gangsta.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #47 on: August 24, 2013, 09:55 PM »

Murray might play Wednesday
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #48 on: August 24, 2013, 09:57 PM »

On the contrary.  It seems people are trying to find excuses not to hate him, because he's an entertaining player.  Sadly, the evidence is that he's an arse.  Being drawn against Andy is irrelevant.  Loads of tennis fans don't like him for the same reasons, or at the very least have strong reservations.

Why would I want to find excuses not to hate him? Every player has made mistakes done stupid things, including Andy. I just find it petty that so often MW'ers have reasons at the ready to hate Andy's opponents, for no reason other than the fact that they are Andy's opponents.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #49 on: August 24, 2013, 10:09 PM »

Suprised they went with Fed first night instead of Nadal- Harrison seeing as he's a yank. Hope Andy gets on Tuesday rather than Wednesday though.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #50 on: August 24, 2013, 10:19 PM »

Suprised they went with Fed first night instead of Nadal- Harrison seeing as he's a yank. Hope Andy gets on Tuesday rather than Wednesday though.

Fraud = ratings.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #51 on: August 25, 2013, 12:00 AM »

Llodra isn't new to all kinds of controversy, and he's already been accused of racist comments in the past.
The woman in the crowd had her trip paid for to Indian Wells this year by the tournament director as an apology for last year. Llodra had refused to phone her personally at the time, but later sent a hand-written apology and a t-shirt.

Here he is relieving himself into a waterbottle on court. Notice there's a young ballgirl standing right next to him. This was at a Davis Cup match earlier this year. Classy.

Why didn't he just take a toilet break??  shocking
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #52 on: August 25, 2013, 12:16 AM »

I'd just been getting bit niggled because the thread seemed to be focussing more on that incident than on the tennis and Andy in particular.

Yeah that's all I meant too. Quite happy for everyone to have an opinion. Myself I don't knowtoo much about Llodra to fairly give an opinion (though not keen based on what I've read on here) but there are other threads for that sort of discussion.

ps - Scotnadian - never knew that Oz open toilet break story before about Federer .... hah!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #53 on: August 25, 2013, 12:38 AM »

ps - Scotnadian - never knew that Oz open toilet break story before about Federer .... hah!

That was Aileen's wee snippet, not mine, Westie.

I do wish she'd stay on topic. lol

(Aileen hug)
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #54 on: August 25, 2013, 12:39 AM »

I am not a happy bunny if Harman is correct. no

Neil Harman‏@NeilHarmanTimes   
Quite probably a Wednesday afternoon start for Andy Murray's @usopen campaign this year. That's the current thinking.

IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #55 on: August 25, 2013, 12:46 AM »

I am not a happy bunny if Harman is correct. no

Neil Harman‏@NeilHarmanTimes   
Quite probably a Wednesday afternoon start for Andy Murray's @usopen campaign this year. That's the current thinking.

That would be pretty good actually, it means there is no chance of him having a 2 day gap in between one of his matches that may occur with those playing on Monday, he seems suscepitable to long gaps between matches in slams, if i remember correctly, he played on the 1st day last year and had a 2 day gap between his 2nd round match and his 3rd match against Lopez, and well he really struggled in that game.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #56 on: August 25, 2013, 12:46 AM »

You're only allowed a certain amount of toilet breaks...
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #57 on: August 25, 2013, 12:51 AM »

That would be pretty good actually, it means there is no chance of him having a 2 day gap in between one of his matches that may occur with those playing on Monday, he seems suscepitable to long gaps between matches in slams, if i remember correctly, he played on the 1st day last year and had a 2 day gap between his 2nd round match and his 3rd match against Lopez, and well he really struggled in that game.

I just remember the diabolical weather, and him having to play catch-up.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #58 on: August 25, 2013, 12:53 AM »

That was Aileen's wee snippet, not mine, Westie.

I do wish she'd stay on topic. lol

(Aileen hug)

Woops! Got a bit confused, been reading loadsa posts! 

Was hoping for a Tuesday start for Andy as I can come home from work and stay home though Wednesday wd mean Fri, Sunday matches which would maybe suit me betther than Thursday , Saturday. Hmmm! (like I have any control, will go with the flow and keep my moby charged up when out and about!)
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #59 on: August 25, 2013, 12:58 AM »

I just remember the diabolical weather, and him having to play catch-up.

Pretty sure it's scheduling, as the 1st round goes over the first 3 days, so eventually those who play on Monday will have a 2 day gap to let the others catch up, i could be wrong of course, it wouldn't be the first time but it is stuck in my head for some reason.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 57 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »