Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 57 Go Down Reply
Author

USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra

(Read 16760 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #60 on: August 25, 2013, 01:01 AM »

You're only allowed a certain amount of toilet breaks...
C'mon now Proddy.. you know I'm not a hater, and more a realist. But do you think he could have maybe moved away to a more private area?
I honestly find this really odd.

I seriously want to know why he couldn't have done this in a different location (under official supervision, of course.)

What are the rules?

Mark can move this if he wants.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #61 on: August 25, 2013, 02:01 AM »

C'mon now Proddy.. you know I'm not a hater, and more a realist. But do you think he could have maybe moved away to a more private area?
I honestly find this really odd.

I seriously want to know why he couldn't have done this in a different location (under official supervision, of course.)

What are the rules?

Mark can move this if he wants.
I posted the rules @08:51pm yesterday - above my little diversion about Federer. Smile  They don't say anything about peeing courtside though, but then it's probably assumed that players will have the decency to make use of the appropriate toilet facilities.

You're only allowed a certain amount of toilet breaks...
Women are allowed two toilet breaks, but men are only allowed two in Slams, and one in all other tournaments, but as DC is best of five except in dead rubbers, then presumably two are allowed.  Additional breaks can be taken but players are subject to a points or game penalty depending on the time involved - this to discourage taking too many breaks which could disadvantage opponents, i.e. gamesmanship.
IP Logged
sickboy1888
Junior

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #62 on: August 25, 2013, 02:13 AM »

How come if Andy and Joker are in top half of draw and Andy is also current holder how come they not playing before Nadal and Fed?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #63 on: August 25, 2013, 02:27 AM »

How come if Andy and Joker are in top half of draw and Andy is also current holder how come they not playing before Nadal and Fed?
It's just the way the USO schedules things.  Only at Wimbledon would Andy have the honour of being on court first.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #64 on: August 25, 2013, 07:23 AM »

Llodra isn't new to all kinds of controversy, and he's already been accused of racist comments in the past.
The woman in the crowd had her trip paid for to Indian Wells this year by the tournament director as an apology for last year. Llodra had refused to phone her personally at the time, but later sent a hand-written apology and a t-shirt.

Here he is relieving himself into a waterbottle on court. Notice there's a young ballgirl standing right next to him. This was at a Davis Cup match earlier this year. Classy.

Aww.... yuk He's a disgrace!
IP Logged
Robert21

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #65 on: August 25, 2013, 10:34 AM »

According to one of the news articles on the us open site called 'they said it!' Murray is playing on wednesday....
IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #66 on: August 25, 2013, 10:42 AM »

Llodra isn't new to all kinds of controversy, and he's already been accused of racist comments in the past ..................

Here he is relieving himself into a waterbottle on court. Notice there's a young ballgirl standing right next to him. This was at a Davis Cup match earlier this year. Classy.

I agree not good but to be fair the French are less sensitive about this sort of thing than the British for example. It is a common sight to see men standing by the roadside doing the same but without the water bottle!
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #67 on: August 25, 2013, 12:35 PM »

Why is everyone mesmerised by Llodra's urinary habits?
  Re the scheduling for Monday I reckon that Federer is on the evening slot so people can see him before he gets knocked out of the tournament and announces his retirement.
  Nadal is there  on the first day because he has been told by his Medics that his knees will not stand the strain of a 5 set match  and people will want to see him before this happens
 Djokovic and Murray are being held back to Tuesday or Wednesday cos you always save the best till last
At least that's what I'm hoping
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #68 on: August 25, 2013, 01:16 PM »

That would be pretty good actually, it means there is no chance of him having a 2 day gap in between one of his matches that may occur with those playing on Monday, he seems suscepitable to long gaps between matches in slams, if i remember correctly, he played on the 1st day last year and had a 2 day gap between his 2nd round match and his 3rd match against Lopez, and well he really struggled in that game.
that makes me feel better about Andy being relegated once more to a Wednesday start gnome; but as someone has pointed out, it only works to his advantage if there aren't rain delays.   The other downside is that Andy has talked about being nervous at start as defending champ and this gives two more days for the nerves to build up. Can't help but feel it's a bit insulting to the defending champ to be relegated to day 3 when the number 7 seed is being given a prime slot.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #69 on: August 25, 2013, 01:38 PM »

that makes me feel better about Andy being relegated once more to a Wednesday start gnome; but as someone has pointed out, it only works to his advantage if there aren't rain delays.   The other downside is that Andy has talked about being nervous at start as defending champ and this gives two more days for the nerves to build up. Can't help but feel it's a bit insulting to the defending champ to be relegated to day 3 when the number 7 seed is being given a prime slot.

Fraud = ratings. Yankees only care about ratings.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #70 on: August 25, 2013, 01:41 PM »

according to this taken from USO website it's official that Andy starts defence of his title on Wednesday
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2013-08-24/201308241377384178427.html?promo=right_rail

let's hope there will be no rain delays messing up his schedule thereafter (assuming he gets through opening rounds ok and of course it has to be one match at a time)

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #71 on: August 25, 2013, 01:48 PM »

Once again Nole and Andy relegated to second fiddle    Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #72 on: August 25, 2013, 02:01 PM »

Re the scheduling for Monday I reckon that Federer is on the evening slot so people can see him before he gets knocked out of the tournament and announces his retirement.
  Nadal is there  on the first day because he has been told by his Medics that his knees will not stand the strain of a 5 set match  and people will want to see him before this happens
 Djokovic and Murray are being held back to Tuesday or Wednesday cos you always save the best till last
Good posting!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #73 on: August 25, 2013, 02:07 PM »

I don't think any of us are mesmerised by Llodra's urinary habits Bennie, but I love your reasoning for the schedule!  lmao
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #74 on: August 25, 2013, 04:56 PM »

I love the way you think Smile.

Seriously though, the schedule for the USO is crackers. Do they make the thing up as they go along?

I can see that Andy might benefit from not having a two day gap. Like Gnome, I have a feeling that last year he had two days in between the second round against Dodig, when he was in gorgeous form, to the third round against Lopez, when, let's just say he could have got it done a wee bit quicker - even if I do make some allowances for Feli playing out of his skin as well - I spent the match wanting to throttle poor Feli!

Fingers crossed it won't rain and that Andy will deal with having to wait a bit to get the first match out of the way. Maybe it will give him longer to prepare and come out fighting from the off.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 57 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »