Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 Go Down Reply
Author

USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra

(Read 16694 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #825 on: August 29, 2013, 06:52 PM »

I love reading match threads back when Andy plays like that Smile.

Prod, take it from me, if Petch says Andy is going to dominate, then he is going to dominate. He's one of very few who has consistently said Andy would win slams and could win multiple slams once he got his first, so I trust his take on things. It might not happen immediately, but over the next year or so, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised, especially if he can continue to play the sort of relaxed, confident tennis he did last night.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #826 on: August 29, 2013, 07:09 PM »

well Martina seemed to think he looked very fit abf so I'm not going to worry

Yeah i think it was down mainly to the heavy conditions...that said ..my wife ..who doesnt really watch tennis...thought he looked really exhausted at that time too.

It could have also been down to the fact it was such a late match...and it would have been a long wait for both players.

Of course Andy is one of the fittest guys on tour...if not the fittest....so im not too concerned either.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #827 on: August 29, 2013, 07:37 PM »

I love reading match threads back when Andy plays like that Smile.

Prod, take it from me, if Petch says Andy is going to dominate, then he is going to dominate. He's one of very few who has consistently said Andy would win slams and could win multiple slams once he got his first, so I trust his take on things. It might not happen immediately, but over the next year or so, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised, especially if he can continue to play the sort of relaxed, confident tennis he did last night.

He's not going to dominate with Nadal and Djokovic around, I see the 3 of them equally 'dominating' the tour.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #828 on: August 30, 2013, 01:57 AM »

“It’s always a challenge to make Andy laugh,” Llodra said afterwards, “but every time I achieve it, it is because I am losing. Maybe I would prefer to not make him laugh, and win at least once.”

Very Happy
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #829 on: August 30, 2013, 10:06 AM »

eh?  what's the logic behind that I wonder?
I suppose it's all down to the broadcasting rights, and I'm guessing the primary broadcaster gets to have full exclusivity over the match clips for the same day of the match, while the BBC has to make do with showing limited highlights the next day.

They were able to show clips from the Robson match, but it started earlier.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #830 on: August 31, 2013, 10:40 PM »

I was at a conference this week so had the pleasure of being able to catch some USO matches including most of sets 2 and 3 of this one after waking up around 3:30am just as the second set was starting. Loved what I saw some really brilliant shots from both.

Having seen the shirt colour discussion on a couple of threads here it looked red on the hotel TV too!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #831 on: September 01, 2013, 10:34 AM »

mackem, who was there, has ruled that it's orange sj.   
I have a rug that can look red or orangish depending on the way one looks at it against the light so perhaps not surprising so much confusion over the colour.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #832 on: September 01, 2013, 12:44 PM »

Bearing in mind my difficulties with recording Andy's first round, I just thought I'd share that my Sky box deciding to stop during the second round as well. Useless thing! Just as well I saw that one.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #833 on: September 01, 2013, 01:02 PM »

Bearing in mind my difficulties with recording Andy's first round, I just thought I'd share that my Sky box deciding to stop during the second round as well. Useless thing! Just as well I saw that one.

I've had that problem before Teejay, very annoying! Now I always either use manual record or record the tennis plus the programme after just to make sure it gets all the match.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #834 on: September 01, 2013, 01:34 PM »

I've had that problem before Teejay, very annoying! Now I always either use manual record or record the tennis plus the programme after just to make sure it gets all the match.

The weird thing is that I do the tennis itself and the programme after, but the stupid thing still stops in the middle of a match. In between the first and second rounds I even turned the Sky box off at the mains and put it back on again, just in case it needed to reset or something, but I had the same problem.

It's making me paranoid. I'm beginning to think the Sky box either has an aversion to Andy or is a Fed fan Smile.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #835 on: September 01, 2013, 02:34 PM »

The weird thing is that I do the tennis itself and the programme after, but the stupid thing still stops in the middle of a match. In between the first and second rounds I even turned the Sky box off at the mains and put it back on again, just in case it needed to reset or something, but I had the same problem.

It's making me paranoid. I'm beginning to think the Sky box either has an aversion to Andy or is a Fed fan Smile.

That is strange! Though my Sky box does very odd things too like record random sports programmes in the middle of the night - I've given up trying to work out why!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #836 on: September 01, 2013, 03:27 PM »

That is strange! Though my Sky box does very odd things too like record random sports programmes in the middle of the night - I've given up trying to work out why!

It's odd isn't it Smile. I might record something else on mine (although I did the other day and it was fine) just to make sure it is all right. It's very strange. During the second round it was weird because the box actually stopped recording as I was looking at it.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #837 on: September 01, 2013, 03:51 PM »

that is odd about your Sky box tj.  I find it stops in the middle of  a match that goes on longer than expected but usually only when it's not a sky programme so like you I record the following programme; the sky programmes themselves usually continue recording until the match has finished.  Perhaps you should get your box seen to?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #838 on: September 01, 2013, 03:59 PM »

Perhaps you should get your box seen to?
lol  Apologies for lowering the tone, but I couldn't help but laugh! 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: USO R1: Murray vs. Llodra « Reply #839 on: September 01, 2013, 04:03 PM »

that is odd about your Sky box tj.  I find it stops in the middle of  a match that goes on longer than expected but usually only when it's not a sky programme so like you I record the following programme; the sky programmes themselves usually continue recording until the match has finished.  Perhaps you should get your box seen to?

Ruthie if it continues, believe me I will 'see to it' myself, it's really annoying. I resorted to swearing blue murder at it the other night. It didn't help Smile. Seriously though, if it continues I will get it checked.

I don't know what it is because it records everything else just fine. I might record today and see what happens. Funnily enough though, it did the same last year during the final. I have a feeling it just doesn't like tennis!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »