Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R3 : Murray v Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 65 Go Down Reply
Author

USO R3 : Murray v Lopez

(Read 12723 times)
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #75 on: September 01, 2012, 04:03 PM »

5 am my time yawn
I'm lucky then. This is perfect Saturday evening entertainment for me, approx 7pm.

Bev, you're so used to these ungodly hours, you should write a book,
 "A Murray fan - My life as a noctural, insomniac ".

IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #76 on: September 01, 2012, 04:08 PM »

Andy's FH is very good and is pretty consistent now with the top spin especially to pass opponent at the net.  

However, if looked at objectively then Fed's FH is the most deadly in calm condition as it is flat and it flies through the air taking time away from his opponent. Normally one or two of those deadly FHs is/are sufficient to finish off a point which is why Fed is able to play so well even at 31. He doesn't need to run as much so less wear and tear on the body.

Andy still needs to use his BHs to get his opponent out of position before using his FH to finish off a point. I am hoping that Andy can increase his FH power further to be even more useful in the future, especially on clay.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #77 on: September 01, 2012, 04:14 PM »

Good interview with Andy on sky sports. Looks very relaxed!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #78 on: September 01, 2012, 04:25 PM »

Yes he did but listening to the comm chat reminded me that Andy doesn't like playing on LA court and it was there he had that humdinger with Haase last year.  Got me feeling a bit  nervous I must admit.  Come on Andy you can play fantastically on any court   cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #79 on: September 01, 2012, 04:38 PM »

Andy in 3 , come on Muzzza.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #80 on: September 01, 2012, 04:54 PM »

Great bit that teejay. Andy's forehand is one of the best at the moment, if not the best when he is in the zone. Used to drive me to distraction to see the forehand shot clatter into the net, time after time!
Ferrer at French this year was the worst, just couldn't get it over the net at all. Definitely improved significantly in such a short space of time.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #81 on: September 01, 2012, 05:05 PM »

Ferrer at French this year was the worst, just couldn't get it over the net at all. Definitely improved significantly in such a short space of time.

That was exactly the one i was thinking of. Throughout the match,I remember thinking, Andy was really trying to pull the trigger with that forehand. It wasn't quite coming off, but it has got better with each tournament, if he gets in the zone. The French was the turning point for me!!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #82 on: September 01, 2012, 05:28 PM »

Let's Go Andy. Let's Go yay yay yay
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #83 on: September 01, 2012, 05:42 PM »

Yes  I liked it too tj but I think you'll find bbh has already posted the same quote  w00t

Hi Ruthie and all,

Oh dear, I didn't notice at all blush I'm clearly having a stupid day. I keep talking complete nonsense, getting my words confused, that sort of thing! I'm blaming the tennis for distracting me lol. I always have at least one useless day during the majors and this is obviuously it today. My apologies for not checking, won't happen again lol.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #84 on: September 01, 2012, 05:47 PM »

so when is Andy on.  6pm  right.?  I've got H/w to do  and I'm gonna watch Doctor Who Very Happy  .  Busy guy.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #85 on: September 01, 2012, 05:48 PM »

Hi Ruthie and all,

Oh dear, I didn't notice at all blush I'm clearly having a stupid day. I keep talking complete nonsense, getting my words confused, that sort of thing! I'm blaming the tennis for distracting me lol. I always have at least one useless day during the majors and this is obviuously it today. My apologies for not checking, won't happen again lol.
Don't worry tj it easily happens  but it was really to explain if you got no reaction to your post.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #86 on: September 01, 2012, 05:53 PM »

Perfect conditions for the players today, 23 -  30oC, no strong wind or breeze. Andy in 3, but at worst he may have a close fought set, or two.

Havent seen Felicianos matches against Haase or Andjuar, but it went to a 5 setter R2.

Andy can tackle lefties.  Come on Andy! Take the pin-up boy out. Looks dont count here, only tennis!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #87 on: September 01, 2012, 05:55 PM »

Enjoy the match everyone , I'm actually getting to see this one!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #88 on: September 01, 2012, 05:59 PM »

Not long now. Set the recorder, just deciding if I am brave enough to watch live. Cowardice is my default setting. Good luck Mr M, we need Olympic Gold Murray today.
IP Logged
treggers

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #89 on: September 01, 2012, 05:59 PM »

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody who posts on MW. It gives me many smiles and a few frowns. It's great to see Andy keep on improving. I loved seeing the last 2 matches of the Olympics: I loved the expression on Feds face a few games in when he realized he did not have a chance. I loved even more how often Feds is having to make excuses for the loss " I wasn't  at my best". Total BS. Bring it on Andy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 65 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »