Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R3 : Murray v Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 65 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez  (Read 9951 times)
caroline
ATP Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #885 on: September 01, 2012, 11:11 PM »

Lost that match is what i ment to say my brains fuzzy.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #886 on: September 01, 2012, 11:12 PM »

Hi All,

The first thing to say is sorry about any language I might use in this, just in case.

The next thing to say is what the bloody hell has happened to Lopez? Seriously, has he ever played better than that?

I don't know about any of you, but I didn't feel Andy played a bad match, but Lopez played out of his skin. Good on him for the fight he put up, even if it nearly killed me.

I hope Andy will be all right after this, but I am worried for him. It might sound awful, but I hope it is the conditions that were the issue, but I'm scared stiff of his back. He looked as if he was struggling to get up for the serve at times, and I don't know maybe he was feeling heavy-legged in the heat, but I'm worried about his back.

I also feel like sending Marcus and Tweedledum and Tweedle bloody dumber a sticking e-mail. I am sick to the back teeth of them harping on about Andy's demeanour. That young man did not step a toe out of line today in tricky conditions, yet those three were picking him to pieces before the match and still going on about it after. I wouldn't mind but Tweedledum and Tweedle Dumber aren't fit to lick Andy's boots. She won stuff all and he got to exactly one major final, so they haven't got a bloody clue.

Andy should be congratulated for being mentally tough today and sticking with the fight, but you can bet he won't get the credit he deserves, he never does. When Andy was struggling Peter Fleming wanted to know why he didn't get the trainer out. Fair point in a way. Hang on though, maybe it's because he's been accused of injury faking and when he has had the trainer out they've made a production out of it, because of course Saint bloody Fed never does it.

Congratulations Champ, for a hard fought win. Anyone who questions his bottle after this doesn't have a clue.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #887 on: September 01, 2012, 11:13 PM »

Hiya

Just registered after realising I'd clocked up nearly triple figures on the lurking.  Great site and I'm wrung out after that last match but I just want to say:

yay
welcome Circe highfive
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #888 on: September 01, 2012, 11:16 PM »

Hello and wellcome Circe good to have you on board. welcome
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #889 on: September 01, 2012, 11:21 PM »

Don't think my blood pressure would have  taken another set glad for Andy and me he did it in 4
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #890 on: September 01, 2012, 11:21 PM »

Thanks Elly, lashurst and Caroline. Lovely to be here.

I think I'll now tiptoe over to the thread that asks "How do you watch Andy?"  Because my neighbours are none too pleased with it I can tell you  Whistle
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #891 on: September 01, 2012, 11:22 PM »

Brillant Teejay1. Agree with everything, except the trainer bit. It just looked like fatigue, he stopped running and didnt chase everything off the court in the 3rd. He just let the hard ones go by. Pacing himself a bit maybe.

As I said, Ive never seen FL play so good. Must be one of the best if not THE best match. He deserves credit for producing that performance today for the fans everywhere.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #892 on: September 01, 2012, 11:23 PM »

Teejay  he never mentioned anything in his interview he just said he would be back and giving 100% in the next match, am hoping it is just the conditions that are getting to him and that this is due to not having his usual acclimatisation period pre USO.
Greg R and the other one (can't even say her name!!) are awful thank goodness for Petchy and Fleming or else would have to watch on mute!!! 

Greg R and HER need to appreciate that we are watching the greatest British tennis player in the open era, his talent and skills were never in doubt, the only thing that was questionable was his mental fragility, well no longer can that be questioned, three tie breaks and he took every one, now if Fed had just done that Greg R and her they would have run out of vocal to describe it!!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #893 on: September 01, 2012, 11:23 PM »

Hi All,

The first thing to say is sorry about any language I might use in this, just in case.

The next thing to say is what the bloody hell has happened to Lopez? Seriously, has he ever played better than that?

I don't know about any of you, but I didn't feel Andy played a bad match, but Lopez played out of his skin. Good on him for the fight he put up, even if it nearly killed me.

I hope Andy will be all right after this, but I am worried for him. It might sound awful, but I hope it is the conditions that were the issue, but I'm scared stiff of his back. He looked as if he was struggling to get up for the serve at times, and I don't know maybe he was feeling heavy-legged in the heat, but I'm worried about his back.

I also feel like sending Marcus and Tweedledum and Tweedle bloody dumber a sticking e-mail. I am sick to the back teeth of them harping on about Andy's demeanour. That young man did not step a toe out of line today in tricky conditions, yet those three were picking him to pieces before the match and still going on about it after.

Agree with everything you say. Suspect it was the heat rather than the back. Really think he does have enough sense to call the trainer if needed.

He did really well today, he stuck with it against a player who was inspired today, and still came through in 4.

I wonder whether Looez thinks Murray player badly? I suspect not. I shudder to think how he is feeling - delivered his best tennis, and still lost 1:3 sets. It must be very disheartening. I think Murray did brilliantly to come through that.
Have never thought Murray was going to get this one. He has made such progress this year in so many areas, but he us still a work in progress. Give him a break, or lots of breaks come to that. I agree his behaviour was very good, given now frustrated he must have been at various points.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #894 on: September 01, 2012, 11:25 PM »

Thanks Elly, lashurst and Caroline. Lovely to be here.

I think I'll now tiptoe over to the thread that asks "How do you watch Andy?"  Because my neighbours are none too pleased with it I can tell you  Whistle
lmao
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #895 on: September 01, 2012, 11:26 PM »

^^ Hi circe. Great choice of music - just ideal for singing along to and lowering the blood pressure after being on the murraycoaster!! Andy lives to fight another day - yay!
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #896 on: September 01, 2012, 11:27 PM »

Looks to me like Raonic gonna win his match which is what i expected.But still fancy Andys chances if he has to play him.Andy didnt tough out that match like that for nothing,hes here to win this,however tough it gets.As long as his body holds out i expect him to be ok.Hes so mentally tough now,mentally tougher than all his MW fans.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #897 on: September 01, 2012, 11:27 PM »

Raonic takes 1st set 6 -3.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #898 on: September 01, 2012, 11:31 PM »

Brillant Teejay1. Agree with everything, except the trainer bit. It just looked like fatigue, he stopped running and didnt chase everything off the court in the 3rd. He just let the hard ones go by. Pacing himself a bit maybe.

As I said, Ive never seen FL play so good. Must be one of the best if not THE best match. He deserves credit for producing that performance today for the fans everywhere.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think the trainer could have done anything, but I did sort of see the point in Fleming asking the question. The thing is though, maybe Andy knew he was all right and that it was fatigue, or maybe he doesn't want to be unfairly accused of doing something he hasn't done, so didn't want to give them a reason to question him, which they would if he'd had the trainer out. I just feel he can't win sometimes.
IP Logged
killieboyd
Junior

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #899 on: September 01, 2012, 11:34 PM »

Starting to look like the Canadian
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 65 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »