Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R3 : Murray v Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 65 Go Down Reply
Author

USO R3 : Murray v Lopez

(Read 11191 times)
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 09:43 PM »

The comms just said Andy could find himself on outside court on saturday, quicker and more intimate etc and it would favour lopez  nervous
Andy can play big courts and small courts. No worries about the size, but he does like a good atmosphere to get him pumped up.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 09:59 PM »

Im going for Andy in three sets to beat Lopez,no worries there i dont think.But my biggest worry would be Raonic if he has to play him,he's just taken the first set against Mathieu. Good for Andy that Tsonga got knocked out,maybe Raonic will get knocked out.If not hope that Andy does beat him when they meet.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 10:11 PM »

Im going for Andy in three sets to beat Lopez,no worries there i dont think.But my biggest worry would be Raonic if he has to play him,he's just taken the first set against Mathieu. Good for Andy that Tsonga got knocked out,maybe Raonic will get knocked out.If not hope that Andy does beat him when they meet.
Andy will have to take the rough with the smooth as far as draws go. But he will really have to be the best of the best to win the USO.

Poor Tsonga Frown  he maybe needs an Ivan Lendl-type coach.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 10:17 PM »

Thats very true lashurst,if he's going to win his first grandslam,then he has to beat whoever he comes up against regardless.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 10:18 PM »

To be the best he has to beat the best.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 10:26 PM »

6-4 6-3 6-2
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 11:35 PM »

I didn't rate Raonic that highly until I watched him tonight versus Mathieu. To be honest I still don't rate him but his serve is an almighty weapon that looks almost unreturnable. He's going to get a shed-load of free points off it when he plays Andy. It will be interesting to see what Andy can do against it. Andy is one of the best returners and hopefully he can do better than Mathieu who incidentally is overall  a far better tennis player than Raonic.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 11:52 PM »

Lopez is just the toughest of the 'free' rounds.

Then comes the middle rounds, and this year Andy has got it really tough. Raonic and Nishikori or Cilic. I can see sets being dropped here.

Of course if he gets past that then it's down to the big guns, Federer and Djokovic.

Anyway, for some reason I can see Andy losing a set here, but will win fairly comfortably in the end in four.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 11:58 PM »

Lopez is just the toughest of the 'free' rounds.

Then comes the middle rounds, and this year Andy has got it really tough. Raonic and Nishikori or Cilic. I can see sets being dropped here.

Of course if he gets past that then it's down to the big guns, Federer and Djokovic.

Anyway, for some reason I can see Andy losing a set here, but will win fairly comfortably in the end in four.

Cilic/Nishikori is a gift for a quarter-final to be honest. You'd be hard pressed to pick better. And Id still take Andy to beat Raonic in straight sets. At the end of the day Andy always finds a way against the ridiculous big servers
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 12:21 AM »

Hopefully he'll be fine we've seen the good the bad,the ugly and the freaking superb from andy and its only been 2 matches now. i'm guessing condtions wil play a big role here, if he is on Armstong which is quicker in a day match in the hot humid conditions i expect a more messy performance similar to 1R a dodgy 1st serve % and for Andy to come through in 3 sets a couple of toughies and an easy one to finish.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 12:52 AM »

Hi All,

I'd be surprised if it's anything other than straight sets for Andy against Lopez. Andy has never dropped a set to Lopez before, contrary to what my dodgy brain remembered about last year, and I don't see it happening now, not if Andy continues the form he showed against Dodig, and I think he will. I suppose the days off could ruin his rhythm, but I doubt Andy will have spent time doing nothing. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm wary of Raonic, but Andy is returning so well I think he'll handle him. I also feel that Andy has an advantage physically. I get the feeling that Raonic will struggle if Andy can make him do the running. I don't think Raonic moves badly, but I do think Andy is the fitter of the two. Frankly I think Andy is like a whippet, whereas I look at Raonic and think Bulldog.

I was surprised by Tsonga going out, or rather the manner of it. I don't think I've ever seen Tsonga look so off. There were times when he was downright casual. I think Andy would have got through Tsonga anyway, but Tsonga is unpredicable, it could have been a tricky one. It will be interesting to see who comes through to play the quarters, assuming Andy does - which I think he will. Surely Cilic wouldn't relish another meeting after Andy completely did him over at Wimbledon.

At the end if the day it's a major, there are no 'easy' matches. If Andy wins,and I still like his chances a lot, it will be because he has found a way through everyone put in front of him. Personally I like the form Andy is in again. Surely all he can do is take care of what he needs to do, the things he can control. The rest is down to a mixture of fate and luck.
IP Logged
AmyLiz9
Junior

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 01:01 AM »

Mama Murray is probably happy that Andy is playing Lopez. Since she can sit and watch Deliciano without being too worried about an upset. I suspect Andy will win in straight sets if he plays like he did against Dodig. Hopefully the serve will be a bit better though.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 02:10 AM »

Could have sworn someone mentioned these 2 playing at the same stage last year - they would be correct.

Lopez really won't relish playing Andy, H2H below to support that, no disrepect to Lopez at all

* Murray vs Lopez.JPG (454.07 KB, 840x1054 - viewed 83 times.)
IP Logged
underenthused

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 02:49 AM »

There is no way the third seed is playing on an outside court in the third round at a GS. Ever.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 04:43 AM »

This will probably be a daytime match, so at least Andy will have had two days to practise in, and get acclimatised to, the hot conditions, and to get his hydration sorted out.

Lopez had a tough mid-day five-setter yesterday against Andujar, who fought back from 2-0 down only to lose the fifth 7-5, so maybe he might still be feeling the effects.

I'm taking nothing for granted, but Andy beat Lopez at the same point in the tournament last year, and that in very windy conditions.  For what has to be the shot of the match - an amazing BH return by Andy - see around 9:48.

[ Last edit by Aileen August 31, 2012, 04:47 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 65 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »