Andy Murray vs Robin Haase, Thursday, Time - 1:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R3 : Murray v Lopez
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 65 Reply

USO R3 : Murray v Lopez

Good point Aileen.
IP Logged

Also I notice Andy is saying that his head to head over Lopez counts for nothing, and I must admit I've never been a great believer in H2Hs.  Upsets can and do happen because ultimately it boils down to how a player performs on the day, and like the rest of us mortals they have their good days and their bad ones - only they have no option but to go out there and play regardless.
IP Logged

Andy plays Lopez on Armstrong tomorrow at 1pm local time.  so that's about 4-5pm uk time.
IP Logged

Heat of the day then.
IP Logged

Make that 6 Johnnie boy.
IP Logged

Make that 6 Johnnie boy.

Yup, 6PM.
IP Logged

That's 1:00pm my time, then. Smile
IP Logged

Yup, 6PM.

whoops  my bad.  yeah your right Very Happy
IP Logged

Enough liquids,prayers and luck and he'll be in next week and maybe then out of the heat.  Watched Laura toay she was awesome.
IP Logged

Even'today'. !!!
IP Logged

Enough liquids,prayers and luck and he'll be in next week and maybe then out of the heat.  Watched Laura toay she was awesome.
Yes, I think she is coming on leaps and bounds this summer. Two amazing wins against world class players. I just listened to her interview, shes very mature and handles herself well.

Come on Laura!
IP Logged

^ She's great.  I was laughing at her wee squeak when she won to go through.  Such a pleasure to watch a feminine but yet strong woman player - not a Hippo in a tutu!  Very Happy

backtotopic  I don't think this match will be easy.
IP Logged

^ "Not a hippo in a tutu" - I like that description. lol   Also I'm delighted that her successes have also, temporarily at least, shifted some of the focus away from Andy in the British media.

Enough liquids,prayers and luck and he'll be in next week and maybe then out of the heat.
According to the US's Weather Channel the forecast for tomorrow is sunny, apart from a few afternoon clouds, with a high of 88F, wind N at 10 to 15 mph, and humidity 51%.  It could be worse.  Forecast for next week is slightly cooler but with more chance of rain.

Also it's worth remembering that Lopez too has to deal with these conditions and played a five-setter in the mid-day heat on Thursday.  Andy has had more time to acclimatise at his own pace, so could be fresher.  All we need is for the right Andy to turn up. Whistle
IP Logged

1pm works for me. This will leave the evening wide open for me as we are blessed with some great weather this weekend and would like to take full advantage of it.

Andy will be fine playing at 1pm. Nole played at 1 today and Federer will also playing in the peak afternoon hour tomorrow.
IP Logged

Go Andy!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 65 Reply