Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R3 : Murray v Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 65 Go Down Reply
Author

USO R3 : Murray v Lopez

(Read 12572 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #60 on: September 01, 2012, 08:21 AM »

That's 1:00pm my time, then. Smile

5 am my time yawn
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #61 on: September 01, 2012, 09:41 AM »

I'm going to be late watching a recording as I am going out this evening. What a time to go away on holiday! Away tomorrow for a week;will be dodging into pubs etc to try and watch Andy.  Hope the hotel has wi-fi.
IP Logged
Adrian

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #62 on: September 01, 2012, 10:04 AM »

Lopez coming into the net so often, hopefully Andy will be able to use his passing shots to pick Lopez of at will. Come on Andy. If Andy chooses to use it he has more power and accuracy in his game than Lopez. I would be surprised at anything other than a comfortable victory. Head to Head- statistics do not lie.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #63 on: September 01, 2012, 10:04 AM »

I think it'll be an edgy first set and then i expect Andy to take control and win in straights.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #64 on: September 01, 2012, 10:23 AM »

I think it will be done in 3 sets to Andy! Going to town today, but back to watch Andy, so looking forward to the match! C'Mon Andy!!
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #65 on: September 01, 2012, 11:18 AM »

Andy in three, easily!! What a fantastic championship so far. Andy & Laura doing the business. Judy must be so proud!!
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #66 on: September 01, 2012, 12:22 PM »

andy will be fine. He has changed it is frantastic , just hyoep it continues.  He has changed so much confident and calmer. All good news,
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #67 on: September 01, 2012, 12:34 PM »

Interesting quote from Lopez in Guardian which almost suggests he's already given up, having reflected on how resoundingly Andy beat him previous year at USO and also at Wimbledon he finishes 'I just hope to play much better.  It is only one year ago so I don't think that anything has changed that much'.  He also said some nice things about Andy and his family in response to questioning about Judy's penchant for him, quoted in Independent: ' I'm a big fan of her as well. I have told her that. Judy is a great person and Andy and Jamie are also great guys.  I know everybody has been joking about Judy and me, but we are good friends and I admire her personality and her charisma'. Now that sounds like a really nice guy.  Actually when I saw him play at Queens I didn't think he looked as deliciano as on tv as it's the eyes that do it really.  Andy points out that he can be tricky to play and conditions could be difficult + will be first time Andy has played on LA this year so I agree he might take a bit of time to settle down.  But if he plays like he did against Dodig I can't see there be any problems.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #68 on: September 01, 2012, 01:09 PM »

Hi All,

You know, I might actually engage my brain and get Andy's form against Lopez right in a minute  Embarassed. He has dropped one set to Lopez in six meetings - there, got it now yay.

I think Andy is wise to be cautious, I think none of us would really take anything for granted, but I just think Andy has the edge. I'm thinking the first set might go on serve for a while, but then I can see Andy relaxing and getting a grip on the match. I think it will be interesting to see how Andy's game compares with Lopez now, because I think Andy is playing with more conviction now than ever before.

Is this article the one you mentioned Ruthie? http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/31/andy-murray-feliciano-lopez-us-open?newsfeed=true If it is, there is a particular paragraph about the way Andy is playing that I liked very much, and I think it's true, although I had never thought of it before.

I think if Andy has a dodgy start, perhaps due to playing on LA, or because he hasn't played for a couple of days, Lopez might just nick a set, but I don't see it to be honest.

Andy in straights. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #69 on: September 01, 2012, 01:34 PM »

Is this article the one you mentioned Ruthie? http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/31/andy-murray-feliciano-lopez-us-open?newsfeed=true If it is, there is a particular paragraph about the way Andy is playing that I liked very much, and I think it's true, although I had never thought of it before.

I [/quote]

Yes tj although it's longer than the version printed in the paper today and incorporates the bit that bbh quoted last night as well as the quote from Lopez about Judy that was in the INdependent [they all get their quotes from the same press conferences though sometimes they are written up as if an exclusive interview!] so it's better than the version in the newspaper itself. 
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #70 on: September 01, 2012, 01:39 PM »

Thanks for the article. It is an encouraging read. Let's hope Andy doesn't lose too much energy winning today in the sweltering heat.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #71 on: September 01, 2012, 01:53 PM »

Hi All,

I just thought I'd post the bit from the Guardian I particularly liked. It would be interesting to know what some of you think.

Since Ivan Lendl came on board in January, he has given expression to aggression and power that plainly had been lying dormant beneath his outstanding defensive game, as if he were almost scared of his own talent.

Those reservations have been peeled away, tournament by tournament. As Jim Courier remarked recently: "If I had a forehand like that, I'd play it as often as possible." Now Murray does. It has become his go-to killer shot, although he has not abandoned the baseline game that drives opponents to distraction and his backhand slice remains one of the most nagging point-savers on the tour.

Not bad is it? I even think that point about Andy having been scared of his own talent is a good point. I'd never thought of it before, but it makes some sense.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #72 on: September 01, 2012, 01:55 PM »

Andy today in straight sets no probs.Well done to Laura i think playing in the doubles with Andy at Wimbledon and wining a silver medal has helped her no end.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #73 on: September 01, 2012, 02:26 PM »

Hi All,

I just thought I'd post the bit from the Guardian I particularly liked. It would be interesting to know what some of you think.

Since Ivan Lendl came on board in January, he has given expression to aggression and power that plainly had been lying dormant beneath his outstanding defensive game, as if he were almost scared of his own talent.

Those reservations have been peeled away, tournament by tournament. As Jim Courier remarked recently: "If I had a forehand like that, I'd play it as often as possible." Now Murray does. It has become his go-to killer shot, although he has not abandoned the baseline game that drives opponents to distraction and his backhand slice remains one of the most nagging point-savers on the tour.

Not bad is it? I even think that point about Andy having been scared of his own talent is a good point. I'd never thought of it before, but it makes some sense.
Yes  I liked it too tj but I think you'll find bbh has already posted the same quote  w00t
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #74 on: September 01, 2012, 03:06 PM »

Great bit that teejay. Andy's forehand is one of the best at the moment, if not the best when he is in the zone. Used to drive me to distraction to see the forehand shot clatter into the net, time after time!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 65 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »