Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R3 : Murray v Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 Go Down Reply
Author

USO R3 : Murray v Lopez

(Read 11219 times)
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #915 on: September 01, 2012, 11:54 PM »

Murray is thankfully now pacing himself in the big tournaments.  He does seem to now able to tailor his matches to his opponents.

So throwing in crap service games filled with unforced errors immediately after breaking is "tailoring" his matches to his opponents? What, does he suddenly feel a sense of pity and charity for those players he should be handily dispatching? Spending four hours clowning around under the baking sun is pacing himself?

Sorry, but it looks like there's something wrong with Murray at the moment. I've no idea if it's a mental or physical issue, but he really has been playing poorly since the Olympics.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #916 on: September 01, 2012, 11:58 PM »

Is it me or is Raonic the most boring player on the tour? I hate his style of tennis. I can see the skill of being able to serve like that, but it is dull to watch. Give me Andy's clever finesse game any day.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #917 on: September 02, 2012, 12:01 AM »

Thanks Caroline hopefully Andy's watching lots of tapes with Lendl and they are coming up with a plan.  Hitting lots of aces doesn't always mean you will win. Andy is a much better returner.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #918 on: September 02, 2012, 12:02 AM »

He is very boring to watch
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #919 on: September 02, 2012, 12:04 AM »

Raonic is a set and a break up now, his serve is awesome but it makes for such boring tennis.
Yeah Raonic is going to win. hes 2 sets up. If all players were like Raonic I would lose interest in tennis. Hes like a robot, there are not many good long rallies with variety.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #920 on: September 02, 2012, 12:04 AM »

People said Pete was boring but he also had incredible returns.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #921 on: September 02, 2012, 12:05 AM »

So throwing in crap service games filled with unforced errors immediately after breaking is "tailoring" his matches to his opponents? What, does he suddenly feel a sense of pity and charity for those players he should be handily dispatching? Spending four hours clowning around under the baking sun is pacing himself?

Sorry, but it looks like there's something wrong with Murray at the moment. I've no idea if it's a mental or physical issue, but he really has been playing poorly since the Olympics.
On the contrary - I think there is everything right with Murray at the moment.  He's winning matches early doors when he would have lost a couple of years ago. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's way better, and it just annoys me that you don't see the difference.  For me, he is more measured and mature these days.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #922 on: September 02, 2012, 12:11 AM »

Yeah Raonic is going to win. hes 2 sets up. If all players were like Raonic I would lose interest in tennis. Hes like a robot, there are not many good long rallies with variety.

If they were all like Raonic I'd slit my wrists. Actually no, if they were all like Raonic I'd cancel my subscription to Sky Sport. If they were all like Raonic and Federer I'd slit my wrists.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #923 on: September 02, 2012, 12:14 AM »

So what, winning three tie-breaks is clowning around? Charming.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #924 on: September 02, 2012, 12:14 AM »

Raonic and Andy have met once, in Barcelona on the clay. Raonic won. They also both have a walkover each.

I'm never sure how relevant a win on clay is to matches on grass and hard to be honest. I'm not sure it tells us anything. I just hope Andy is fit to compete, I'm sure he will be, in which case he returns vastly better than Blake.

Yes he does return better.  Hopefully Andy will be able to return Milo's aces. James slide into the net pole on clay head first and broke his neck, after recovering from that he seemed to be more tentative on the court and his ranking began to go down.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #925 on: September 02, 2012, 12:14 AM »

If they were all like Raonic I'd slit my wrists. Actually no, if they were all like Raonic I'd cancel my subscription to Sky Sport. If they were all like Raonic and Federer I'd slit my wrists.
Well just remember how you slit - (A) across for attention (D) down for death.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #926 on: September 02, 2012, 12:15 AM »

Raonic is gonna be the next big player, just hope it isn't going to start this USO with a Murray scalp.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #927 on: September 02, 2012, 12:21 AM »

Is it me or is Raonic the most boring player on the tour? I hate his style of tennis. I can see the skill of being able to serve like that, but it is dull to watch. Give me Andy's clever finesse game any day.

He bores me to tears. Big serve after big serve after big serve. If he's the future of tennis then I won't be watching.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #928 on: September 02, 2012, 12:24 AM »

Yeah James back on serve.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #929 on: September 02, 2012, 12:31 AM »

Well just remember how you slit - (A) across for attention (D) down for death.
roflmao
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »