Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R3 : Murray v Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 Go Down Reply
Author

USO R3 : Murray v Lopez

(Read 11261 times)
what
Challenger Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #930 on: September 02, 2012, 12:32 AM »

Well done, but needs to improve as soon as possible. Keep it up!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #931 on: September 02, 2012, 12:36 AM »

roflmao
Oh man - I'll never get to heaven. innocent
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #932 on: September 02, 2012, 12:37 AM »

Oh man - I'll never get to heaven. :angel:
Course you will
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #933 on: September 02, 2012, 12:38 AM »

If they were all like Raonic I'd slit my wrists. Actually no, if they were all like Raonic I'd cancel my subscription to Sky Sport. If they were all like Raonic and Federer I'd slit my wrists.

Have to say I agree with you teejay- if all players were like Raonic I would stop watching tennis altogether - incredibly dull.

C'mon James - take this set!

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #934 on: September 02, 2012, 12:38 AM »

Thanks Elly, lashurst and Caroline. Lovely to be here.

I think I'll now tiptoe over to the thread that asks "How do you watch Andy?"  Because my neighbours are none too pleased with it I can tell you  Whistle
Hi circe! wave  Welcome to MW.  Very glad you've finally joined the forum.  I look forward to seeing your post on the other thread. I'm sure you'll have found plenty of kindred spirits. Very Happy

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think the trainer could have done anything, but I did sort of see the point in Fleming asking the question. The thing is though, maybe Andy knew he was all right and that it was fatigue, or maybe he doesn't want to be unfairly accused of doing something he hasn't done, so didn't want to give them a reason to question him, which they would if he'd had the trainer out. I just feel he can't win sometimes.
Unlike his worn-out supporters, Andy seemed totally unperturbed in his on-court interview so I'm sure there's nothing to worry about physically, although the possible return of the back problem does continue to concern me a little.  However there was nothing wrong with his movement in the Dodig match.  The thing with Andy - and some commentators never seem to learn - is that he can look down and out and then come back fighting, which is what he did here (Djokovic has the same trait).  Also Andy will never call on the trainer unless he thinks it's absolutely necessary, which is very infrequently.

Let's face it - Andy's basically a ginger-headed, fair-skinned Scot, so it's hardly surprising he finds playing in temps pushing 100F+ difficult, and the humidity won't help either.  As he said himself he missed out on his usual acclimatisation period in Miami this year.  I believe the comms said people were actually leaving the match because they couldn't sit in the heat, so I'd truly like to see how some of his detractors (e.g. BBC "Weary Murray Labours Past Lopez") would cope in the same conditions.

So Andy lost a set he should probably have won.  Well he isn't the first top player to do so in a Slam, and won't be the last - Lopez did play incredibly well -  but the fact is that he got it back together mentally pretty quickly, and that 4th set TB speaks volumes.  Also there were none of the signs of frustration we could have expected from Andy in the past, or at least there weren't in the two and half sets I did manage to see.

Looks like it could be Raonic next but Blake's making a huge fight-back in the 3rd set at the moment.  If it is Milos, Andy will be ready for him this time, and hopefully it'll be a late match although weather forecast for next week is for cooler conditions but with some rain as well.

IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #935 on: September 02, 2012, 12:40 AM »

Does anyone think Milo's looks a little feminine
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #936 on: September 02, 2012, 12:42 AM »

Well just remember how you slit - (A) across for attention (D) down for death.

LOL. I'd laugh with a smiley but my Ipad won't let me for some reason. Priceless post! I've just remembered also that slitting the wrists is out. I'm fine with other people's blood, but my own freaks me out!
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #937 on: September 02, 2012, 12:44 AM »

Raonic 4 aces in the tie-break.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #938 on: September 02, 2012, 12:44 AM »

LOL. I'd laugh with a smiley but my Ipad won't let me for some reason. Priceless post! I've just remembered also that slitting the wrists is out. I'm fine with other people's blood, but my own freaks me out!
Glad to hear it!  No more talk of wrist slitting. Very Happy
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #939 on: September 02, 2012, 12:45 AM »

Make that 5 for the match. Murray definitely gonna have his work cut out.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #940 on: September 02, 2012, 12:46 AM »

Does Andy play on Monday ?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #941 on: September 02, 2012, 12:49 AM »

Does anyone think Milo's looks a little feminine
I've also thought that but I don't think too much can be read into the fact.  The main thing is his tennis is mega-boring even although his ground-strokes have improved recently.  Can't stand players who get by mainly on their huge serve.  Also, as I think I said before, Raonic's aces can easily be negated by the number of double-faults he quite often serves in the same match, e.g. against Giraldo, 30 aces and 15 DFs.

Does Andy play on Monday ?
I think so - but the USO's schedule is a little quirky.
[ Last edit by Aileen September 02, 2012, 12:52 AM ] IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #942 on: September 02, 2012, 12:53 AM »

Yes he had 4df and 29 ue's. Andy is much smarter than he is and Andy and Lendl will have a plan.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #943 on: September 02, 2012, 01:15 AM »

Is it me or is Raonic the most boring player on the tour? I hate his style of tennis. I can see the skill of being able to serve like that, but it is dull to watch. Give me Andy's clever finesse game any day.

Morning, TJ.

As I believe I have said on a few occasions when the "plastic" Canadian's super serves break down, he is very brittle and prone to experience several double faults. This was shown up in his third set against Blake. A fully physically fit Andy, I am certain will be able to handle Raonic on Monday(?).

Good report, Phil - in the other posts section. Nice to see some parts of it were positive. Are you losing your sense of direction?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #944 on: September 02, 2012, 01:23 AM »

Morning, TJ.

As I believe I have said on a few occasions when the "plastic" Canadian's super serves break down, he is very brittle and prone to experience several double faults. This was shown up in his third set against Blake. A fully physically fit Andy, I am certain will be able to handle Raonic on Monday(?).

Good report, Phil - in the other posts section. Nice to see some parts of it were positive. Are you losing your sense of direction?
That's the thing about Phil - spouts a load of negativity during the match then writes up a fairly positive report.  I'm now convinced his negative out-pourings are his coping mechanism, so I guess we should ignore them even if they are irritating.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »