Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R3 : Murray v Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] Go Down Reply
Author

USO R3 : Murray v Lopez

(Read 13062 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #960 on: September 03, 2012, 02:49 AM »

^ I agree Aileen; I like when the guys show some fire out there! I love Nole but don't love when he smashes his racquet occasionally, though I get where that's coming from.

As long as they don't let these emotions get in their way, like Safin used to do. As soon as he got all heated, he'd usually lose. Roddick too.
The one player who used to fascinate me was McEnroe.  He'd go and rave at the umpire, then get back on court and start playing as though nothing had happened.  It just didn't affect his game at all.  Amazing!
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #961 on: September 03, 2012, 03:32 AM »

Again, I agree with you Aileen - amazing how McEnroe could do that!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #962 on: September 03, 2012, 07:37 AM »

Mac used those tantrums to fire himself up, so he directed his wrath outwards. Saw him in a doubles match with Fleming at Wimbledon years ago. Mac and Pete were slaughtering their opponents and Mac was still going off on one at every opportunity lmao
Andy, on the other hand, used to direct the angst inwards so it adversely effected his game How I remember Queens one year when against Fish, he brought what had happened the previous evening back on court the next day. Of course he lost.
Happily, only happens momentarily these days. cheers
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #963 on: September 03, 2012, 08:53 AM »

Oh I like Andy's fire a lot, it's what got me in to him in the first place. He's competitive to his fingertips and it shows. I'm all for him keeping the negative emotions in check, but I would never want to see him lose the fire in his eyes. It shows he wants it and shows he is human.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #964 on: September 03, 2012, 09:05 AM »

Mac used those tantrums to fire himself up, so he directed his wrath outwards. Saw him in a doubles match with Fleming at Wimbledon years ago. Mac and Pete were slaughtering their opponents and Mac was still going off on one at every opportunity lmao
Andy, on the other hand, used to direct the angst inwards so it adversely effected his game How I remember Queens one year when against Fish, he brought what had happened the previous evening back on court the next day. Of course he lost.
Happily, only happens momentarily these days. cheers

That was a couple of years ago wasn't it? I seem to remember because I was just recovering from a bad chest infection. Strangely, I found the strength that day to get really angry with Andy, which doesn't happen a lot lol. He was part of his own demise that day and it was painful to watch. Still, he is vastly better now. He's learned, I think, that turning frustration inward gets him nowhere and makes it harder. Mac was always great at projecting the frustration outwards, to officials, calls, whatever. When Andy was losing it it was a shame that he couldn't dispute calls in the way Mac used to. Hawk-eye is brilliant in many ways, but it has taken a method of defusing frustration out of the game.

The one thing I don't recall Andy doing is smashing a racquet. He might have, but I can't remember. Has he?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #965 on: September 03, 2012, 10:22 AM »

I don't recall Andy ever smashing a racquet, which is to his credit. He used to smash his hand against the racquet and draw blood, which wasn't too great to watch.  I think that was part of all the inwards turned anger.
IP Logged
geo1

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #966 on: September 03, 2012, 05:56 PM »

Nah' I remember a tourney 5-6 years back he smashed all the racquets in his bag at the end of the match whilst sitting on his chair...
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #967 on: September 03, 2012, 06:16 PM »

Nah' I remember a tourney 5-6 years back he smashed all the racquets in his bag at the end of the match whilst sitting on his chair...
oh but at least I think that was a one off?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #968 on: September 03, 2012, 09:13 PM »

Really? Where was that?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #969 on: September 04, 2012, 04:35 AM »

Maybe, but he was barely out of his teens then.  Federer's behaviour when he was that age was so bad he was banned from several tennis clubs!
IP Logged
geo1

Re: USO R3 : Murray v Lopez « Reply #970 on: September 04, 2012, 05:35 PM »

Maybe, but he was barely out of his teens then.  Federer's behaviour when he was that age was so bad he was banned from several tennis clubs!

I honestly cannot remember it was years ago he could have been in his 2nd year after his emergence on the scene, it was in Europe and it was quite funny, but he was really pissed at the loss.. and you are right he has been growing up since then.. as have we all I hope ( but not to much eh' )
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »