Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R4 : Murray v Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray v Raonic
3-0 Andy - 11 (22.9%)
3-1 Andy - 26 (54.2%)
3-2 Andy - 7 (14.6%)
3-0 Raonic - 0 (0%)
3-1 Raonic - 2 (4.2%)
3-2 Raonic - 2 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 59 Go Down Reply
Author

USO R4 : Murray v Raonic

(Read 13539 times)
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #105 on: September 03, 2012, 06:58 AM »

Normally Andy is supposed to beat Raonic with his more intelligent style. Though, theory doesn't count when it comes to the match itself. I will be away from home for the next couple of days but have afforded the luxury of an ipad. Now I so hope that my eurosport player will do its job. I have never tried it so far. But lshunter didn't work aginst Lopez. I'm sure I will wake up in the early morning hours and cheer silently for Andy.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #106 on: September 03, 2012, 07:09 AM »

I could do it, if you want to let me have your work email address by PM.

All sorted goodjob
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #107 on: September 03, 2012, 07:09 AM »

A night match on Ashe  Super
It must be Christmas already  thumb up
Come on Andy Boxing
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #108 on: September 03, 2012, 07:10 AM »

Normally Andy is supposed to beat Raonic with his more intelligent style. Though, theory doesn't count when it comes to the match itself. I will be away from home for the next couple of days but have afforded the luxury of an ipad. Now I so hope that my eurosport player will do its job. I have never tried it so far. But lshunter didn't work aginst Lopez. I'm sure I will wake up in the early morning hours and cheer silently for Andy.

You might have to check with some other ipad users on here - I think that flash player is usually the problem - ipads don't support it doh
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #109 on: September 03, 2012, 07:24 AM »

You might have to check with some other ipad users on here - I think that flash player is usually the problem - ipads don't support it doh

Eurosport player should be fine - Wifi/3G connection permitting.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #110 on: September 03, 2012, 07:54 AM »

This morning, Bet 365 has Andy listed to play at 4pm UK time!! Maybe they've got it wrong, but if they have, it's a first! Check it out guys!

Schedule on US Open site has Andy and Milos the last match of the day.  The best match on that court, imo Whistle
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #111 on: September 03, 2012, 08:02 AM »

Thanks Bev. They must be right then and bet365 wrong. I'm glad he's got the night match even though it means I don't get to see it!
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #112 on: September 03, 2012, 08:06 AM »

Great news that it is at night even if it then not best time to watch in UK. Suits me as i have dentist early morning so being half asleep will help?

Let us hope for a good confident Andy and a win.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #113 on: September 03, 2012, 08:11 AM »

My one real concern is just how much Andy has left in the tank physically and mentally.  I certainly don't want to see him beaten by Raonic, and if all is well, I don't think he will be.  So that would get him to the QF where playing Cilic is a strong possibility.  What I do NOT want to see is a meeting with SmugFed in the semis and a defeat there by him - or even worse a defeat in yet another final.

Sorry if I upset the optimists on here, and I know we should only take one match at a time, but it's just a strong feeling I have, not only because of his lack of acclimatisation to the heat and humidity but also the rebound from his Olympic exertions.  People remember the gold medal but seem to forget that Andy played one doubles match with his brother and four matches in the mixed.  That's a fair amount of tennis, and then he had to rush across the Atlantic before he had time to take it all in and really enjoy his victories.  I think it's all got on top of him a bit.  His spirit may be willing, but I feel that, being realistic, the GS win might just have to wait until next year.

Aileen, I have to say it, I agree with you on this. Too much at once to be his constant best and I don't want him beaten by Fed either. But maybe we are wrong and he's got it all in hand, is coping well - other than the spell with Lopez - and is going from strength to strength. Who knows with Andy how he's weathering any storm. We'll have to wait and see.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #114 on: September 03, 2012, 08:17 AM »

I just hope that having hoped so hard for a night mach it's not disrupted by rain and postponed to the next day - that would be truly cruel.   Assuming it can be played at night I think that will lift Andy mentally and provided not too humid I'm hoping he'll have recovered ok physically from the Lopez match.
Here's a link to a piece by Kevin Mitchell which, as well as previewing the Raonic match, starts by underlining what a modest young man Andy is:
'AM is one of sport's shy superstars, always surprised that famous people are interested in meeting him or watching him play tennis'.  And goes on to say how Kevin Spacey followed him to the press conference where he sat 'smiling as if he'd won the lottery'.  Also at the end mentions an encounter with 'another tennis celebrity' Bud Collins who I must admit I'd never heard of.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/sep/02/andy-murray-us-open-milos-raonic
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #115 on: September 03, 2012, 09:12 AM »

Is being an Andy Murray fan meaning you have to bend over backwards to make excuses for him? Did Joker do a training stint in Miami? Joker has played Wimbledon, Olympics, Montreal and Cinny. And he's played the maxm matches in each tournament except Wimbledon where he lost the semis. He's breezed through the tournament so far playing in the heat of the day. Im fed up people making excuses for Andy. I just want him to get on with it, fight through the pain barrier and win this thing. I dont care whether he's not had a training stint in Miami and I don;t care if its hot because its the same for everyone. Andy has played fewer matches than any of the other top players this year. He's had a big rest since the Olympics and should be fighting fit. He started Monday this year as well. So lets hear no more excuse about Andy being tired please.

Of no relevance at all, given that you are no more a Murray fan than I am a Fed fan. This is simply another in a long line of your posts that set out to make subtle and not so subtle digs at Andy Murray.

He doesn't need to make any excuses about anything. The comparison with the other players is idiotic in the extreme. Mr M, is a fellow human being. Some of us struggle in extreme heat or humidity, some of us don't. He is a man, not a machine. The number of matches is also irrelevant, there are so many other variables  involved, from the adrenal post Olympic situation to the fact he might be missing his dogs. Personally I want him to win, but not at all costs. Watching him struggle round that court against Lopez, knowing he was uncomfortable and probably hurting made me feel for him. I would have felt for any player in that situation - even Fed. The fact Murray still won that match actually shows you the true measure of the man. As I say there is no need for any excuses. The day Murray stops behaving like a fallible human, and reinvents himself as an automaton is the day I personally stop watching him. Murray may lose against Raonic, equally he might not. If he does I won't think any less of him.  When he eventually stops playing, regardless of whether he manages a Grand Slam or not,  he will be on record as the best British male tennis player since Fred Perry, and an Olympic Gold medalist to boot.  That is a hell of an achievement in its own right.  I follow and support Murray simply because on his day, his tennis is a joy to watch.

For goodness sake lay off the complete negativity. Comments like the one above are just plain nasty, and I would suggest reflect infinitely more on the sort of person you seem to be, than the sort of person Murray seems to be. Given I don't know either of you, I can't say either way.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #116 on: September 03, 2012, 09:13 AM »

Bud Collins born 1929 is best known for his tennis commentary. He wrote a book entitled"Bud Collins Tennis" which is considered by many to be the bible of the tennis world.
I'd never heard of him either,Ruthie
 The timing of the match is bad for me who does'nt matter and great for Murray who does.
Even the dog won't go walking at that hour so if it gets hairy I shall have to stick it out on my own .
Please win in 3 Andy

[/quote]
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #117 on: September 03, 2012, 09:22 AM »

So nice to see  another Andy, Andy Roddick having a successful last hurrah by beating Fognini
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #118 on: September 03, 2012, 09:32 AM »

A night match on Ashe  Super
It must be Christmas already  thumb up
Come on Andy Boxing

I agree. The organisers are really trying to make up for the injustices of last year. A night match could be the only thing that keeps him in it.
If he gets through Raonic and Cilic he should be ready for Fed and his game shall raise itself automatically, as it does against the top 4.
Lets face it, he is just not playing well enough yet to win this tournament & he needs to snap out of it quickly.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #119 on: September 03, 2012, 09:41 AM »

Really hope Andy can do it.

Raonic is coming across as pretty cocky & v confident - and McEnroe's comments in this Telegraph article is also giving me the jitters  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/usopen/9516364/US-Open-2012-Andy-Murray-wary-of-Milos-Raonic.html

Am sending positive vibes that Andy is fully recovered and comes out with his A game from the first point. That's essential. Fingers crossed. <zen>
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »