Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R4 : Murray v Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray v Raonic
3-0 Andy - 11 (22.9%)
3-1 Andy - 26 (54.2%)
3-2 Andy - 7 (14.6%)
3-0 Raonic - 0 (0%)
3-1 Raonic - 2 (4.2%)
3-2 Raonic - 2 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 59 Go Down Reply
Author

USO R4 : Murray v Raonic

(Read 12409 times)
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 10:37 AM »

It strikes me that all three show courts play differently and day/night matches make another big change to that too.

Do players get advised early enough to prepare? We only hear the schedules 24 hours before. If this is what the players experience then surely it is hard to expect anything other than some poor performances as players might not adjust to such extremes. We heard yesterday that they played Blake late to give him more chance (failed that one!).

I expect that spectator demands will ensure Federer the night spot especially playing Fish (from US) but feel Raonic versus Murray would be a better contest at the later time should it still be hot. This especially as the Fed said he was happy with daytime matches and Fish last played at night. Both Raonic and Murray are due a night spot.

The forecast is for only a small drop in temperature on Monday.

I just hope that AM recovers mentally and comes to the court with his A game where he takes control. Yesterday was painful as he just did not stretch Lopez with an attack. Too much playing the ball back enjoying cat and mouse rallies as old style Andy?
IP Logged
sickboy1888
Junior

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 10:43 AM »

Yeah just cant see them not showing Fish/Fed as the night game.A night game would be better for Andy but not for me.Cant stay up till midnight with work next day LOL so I am torn
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 10:57 AM »

Pretty sure Fed/Fish will be the night match.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 11:28 AM »

I'm with Bevc on this, Raonic and Sampras are similar to me in the enormous levels of boredom they induce yawn

So it's not just me!  highfive

sorry Scotnadian.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 11:30 AM »

Not just you, Bev - couldn't agree more.  If Raonic and his like take over I'll definitely stop watching.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 11:34 AM »

Wow!  I never knew!

Oh, poor Scotnadian, though she will always root for Andy over Milos yes
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 11:39 AM »

A bit relieved when reading the above posts that the weather will be cooler next week. As hate to see Andy play again in such heat, just hope Andy recovers 100% before this encounter with Raonic! Getting nervous just thinking about it, I hate big servers!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 11:54 AM »

Yes after smugfed boasting how playing in the heat doesn't worry him [though apparently he was actually seen sweating, shock horror] let him do so.  But I fear it won't be so.  Had Simon won perhaps.
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 12:03 PM »

The great thing about Agassi was that he demonstrated to the non-acers of the world how to stitch them up.  Wimbledon 1992, Ivanisavic got 39 aces, 5 double faults.  And trust me, it would have been over 20 more, except that Andre got his racquet on some stingers. But Agassi ate every second serve, and once a set, for 3 sets, he broke.   

And because he showed the way, today's big 4 keep this gen's big hitters dawdling in the mid-section.  Because they have more than one weapon, and they know perseverance pays off.   Raonic is just another Isner, Mahut etc.

The weather could be more of a factor, because it will definitely be a day match, but playing an acer does bring the silver lining of less running around, so that could actually work in Andy's favour.  Plus, he'll want to give Raonic a spanking to keep him from getting too confident in the future.  Andy in 3 I reckon.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 12:07 PM »

I was an Agassi fan too circe.  Kept my interest in tennis alive during the reign of boring Pete
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 12:18 PM »

It will be an interesting match - but I believe we'll see a convincing win for Andy - maybe in  four sets though. He's in the right frame of mind to demolish all his bogeymen at the moment. Lopez did not come into that category.
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #26 on: September 02, 2012, 12:18 PM »

I was an Agassi fan too circe.  Kept my interest in tennis alive during the reign of boring Pete
Especially as for years, he was the only one who could take him.  All credit to Pete for having a ridiculous perfect game, but who can warm to a machine?  I took a couple of years off watching tennis altogether when he was reigning.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #27 on: September 02, 2012, 12:27 PM »

I was an Agassi fan too circe.  Kept my interest in tennis alive during the reign of boring Pete

Oh I loved Andre, loved his style of play. Even during the time when the Brits were supporting Tim (as I did, to be fair) Andre was my favourite. Sampras was brilliant, undoubtedly, and I'd rather have him than a certain other person who will remain nameless, but I could never quite take to him. Takes all sorts I suppose.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #28 on: September 02, 2012, 12:30 PM »

Agassi was Andy's hero too  not surprisingly.  I wasn't ever a Tim fan though didn't actively want him to fail in the way some Brits want Andy to and there were some very good aspects to his game especially at the net, which I admired.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 12:39 PM »

Agassi was Andy's hero too  not surprisingly. 

It's not at all surprising, is it? I can see similarities in the way Andy plays compared to Andre. Andre seemed to enjoy driving opponents mad too lol. I also think they are both incredibly sweet, but that's just me lol.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »