Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R4 : Murray v Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray v Raonic
3-0 Andy - 11 (22.9%)
3-1 Andy - 26 (54.2%)
3-2 Andy - 7 (14.6%)
3-0 Raonic - 0 (0%)
3-1 Raonic - 2 (4.2%)
3-2 Raonic - 2 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 59 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic  (Read 11221 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 12:45 PM »

I don't think it's just you Teejay-t's probably already been said on here somewhere,but Andy said in one interview I saw that a big part of the reason he'll always try to stop and sign autographs for as many people as possible is that he remembers once as a kid travelling miles and miles to try and get Agassi's autograph,and after 3 days of trying,he still didn't get it.He said he remembered how terribly disappointed he was,and he doesn't want anyone to feel like that with him,if he can help it.Thought it was incredibly kind,and really does show what a sweet guy he is
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #31 on: September 02, 2012, 12:48 PM »

I don't think it's just you Teejay-t's probably already been said on here somewhere,but Andy said in one interview I saw that a big part of the reason he'll always try to stop and sign autographs for as many people as possible is that he remembers once as a kid travelling miles and miles to try and get Agassi's autograph,and after 3 days of trying,he still didn't get it.He said he remembered how terribly disappointed he was,and he doesn't want anyone to feel like that with him,if he can help it.Thought it was incredibly kind,and really does show what a sweet guy he is

The problem I have is that I have the urge to mother Andy. It's ridiculous and he would probably hate it lol.
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #32 on: September 02, 2012, 12:53 PM »

That's genuinely lovely
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #33 on: September 02, 2012, 01:29 PM »

Yes I always remember that xxdani. Yesterday when he must have been absolutely beat and longing to get to the locker room he seemed to be signing autographs for ages after the match.  He always strikes me as such a considerate young man.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #34 on: September 02, 2012, 01:37 PM »

I share most posters' objections to Raonic's play. My only consolation is that obviously some players have succeeded in dismantling his huge serve. Otherwise he would have been unbeatable so far. Or is it rather that he beats himself? Yes, I had my timeout from tennis in Sampras and Ivanisevic times as well due to the monotony they produced. And I have mentioned it before: I hate seeing sportsmen dominating an era with six, seven Wimby titles etc. I love the change and a real competition between a handful of players without a predictable outcome. So therefore - Go Andy Murray and show whose style prevails. For me personally a day match would be better to watch. And if the temperatures are likely to fall, all the better.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #35 on: September 02, 2012, 02:16 PM »

you should always judge someone by how they cope when things are going wrong. From what I read from the excellent reports of the  match against Lopez, Murray acquitted himself bravely and kept his cool.
 I was overwhelmed with family and could'nt follow the match so I sincerely thank those of you who did.
 I am anxious re Raonic. In  the last two scheduled encounters, one or other has withdrawn, so it will be interesting to see what happens.Please may Murray win otherwise Raonic will become a bogey player for him If it gets too nailbiting I shall have to take the dog for a walk

IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #36 on: September 02, 2012, 02:20 PM »

Okay I am officially anxious about this match. Although I do believe Andy has the upperhand so all we have to do is trust Lendl's coaching and Andy's talent and experience.

C'mon Andy, show 'em the Olympic gold medalist swagger that you have! 
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #37 on: September 02, 2012, 02:26 PM »

Just to  tighten the tension up a further notch,I observe that if Murray beats Raonic he would be only 586 points away from overtaking Nadal and would be ranked no 3 in the world. I would love to see him back at this position, last held was it 2009?
IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #38 on: September 02, 2012, 02:37 PM »

Just to  tighten the tension up a further notch,I observe that if Murray beats Raonic he would be only 586 points away from overtaking Nadal and would be ranked no 3 in the world. I would love to see him back at this position, last held was it 2009?

Wow really? That should help motivate him. Okay now I'm less anxious and more excited.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #39 on: September 02, 2012, 02:59 PM »

Its a new day, Lopez match not gonna have any relevance to this one. i expect this will be on Ashe for starters where its slower. It'll probably be last match of afternoon, or a night match and its meant to be cooler next week anyway.

Raonic is not quite John Isner in terms of returning ability but not far off! His groundies are decent but nothing to lose sleep over. Murray will be dead keen to play better for one for 2 get revenge. Although Raonic is a young upstart him winning wouldn't be a Shock upset really lots of people are rating this guy. Andy would love to shut them up with a Straights sets win, and i believe he will.

Vamos!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #40 on: September 02, 2012, 03:00 PM »

Oh crap. Andy & Milos.

Lest there be any doubt, let it hereby be known I am rooting for Andy.

I believe Andy will bring it and prevail. Although he had a tough and exhausting match against Feli yesterday, his fitness level is higher than Milos'. He has more weapons in his armoury, more tricks up his sleeve, more speed in his Barricades, has proven mental fortitude and success in tiebreaks, and has faced many more high-stress situations. As Lendl pointed out to Andy, he will never face the same stress as he did in the Wimbledon final.

One match at a time..one set at a time.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #41 on: September 02, 2012, 03:12 PM »

It will be tough but i think the long match with lopez would have helped him mentally and physically. He will do it. Raonic cannot keep his serve percentage all the time and he will try his best to get aces and there fore there will be double faults. I have watched him many times but andy is very experienced and will come through.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #42 on: September 02, 2012, 03:16 PM »

Yes I always remember that xxdani. Yesterday when he must have been absolutely beat and longing to get to the locker room he seemed to be signing autographs for ages after the match.  He always strikes me as such a considerate young man.

Me being mothering again (I have to stop doing it!), but I was worried about how crowded Andy was when he was doing the autographs yesterday. There seemed to be people everywhere. I wanted to tell them all to leave him alone,which is awful really lol. Good of him to do it when he must have been busting a gut to get off that court and out of the heat.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #43 on: September 02, 2012, 03:19 PM »

awwww Teejay.  You would be such a terrific mum to Andy  Very Happy  lol 

Pure Nervous for this match.  I have bought some more couches to hide behind  ( just in case)  cmonandy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #44 on: September 02, 2012, 03:29 PM »

Awww John, you are a sweetheart to me wub

I think Andy actually needs to hire me as some sort of motivational coach to be honest, not that Andy lacks motivation lol. I'm pretty good at the 'now come on, you know you can do it, you're four in the world, now you show him you're better than him my lad', type of thing. The trouble is that yelling it at the TV doesn't always work, and always descends in to me exercising my swear word vocabulary!

I don't think I would be a good Mum to Andy actually, he's done pretty well with the Mum he's got if you ask me, besides the fact that I'm 39 in a few days, so hopefully not quite old enough to have a 25 year old son.....although........LOL.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »