Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R4 : Murray v Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray v Raonic
3-0 Andy - 11 (22.9%)
3-1 Andy - 26 (54.2%)
3-2 Andy - 7 (14.6%)
3-0 Raonic - 0 (0%)
3-1 Raonic - 2 (4.2%)
3-2 Raonic - 2 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 59 Go Down Reply
Author

USO R4 : Murray v Raonic

(Read 14312 times)
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #60 on: September 02, 2012, 07:56 PM »

I'm pretty certain Andy is going to whup Raonics ass in this match, but I wouldn't put money on it.  That would queer my antennae for sure!
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #61 on: September 02, 2012, 08:00 PM »

Agree, it depends on: how well Andy has recovered, how well he serves, where they play, when they play.
Blake made a huge number of UEs yesterday, helped Raonic no end.
Andy certainly is in with a good chance over best of 5. Don't forget he has a positive record against huge big serving guys eg Isner, Karlovic, Delpotro.
If Andy is physically OK then he is too experienced, too wily and too damn good for Raonic.
So, some quiet, very lol, optimism from me Fingers crossed

Agree with your assessment of the match bbh! GO ANDY!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #62 on: September 02, 2012, 08:31 PM »

I was an Agassi fan too circe.  Kept my interest in tennis alive during the reign of boring Pete
Me too.  Pete turned me off big time and the way his mouth used to hang open when he was playing really irritated me.  Made him look half-baked.

The problem I have is that I have the urge to mother Andy.
Ummm - there's a big queue here teejay, so you'll have to go to the end of it! Very Happy

Agree with your assessment of the match bbh! GO ANDY!  cmon yeah
I'm with bbh as well.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #63 on: September 02, 2012, 08:32 PM »

Andy on last on Ashe.  YASSSS!!  We got our Wish folks Very Happy  woooooo   (  I am the scheduling wish fairy)  your welcome
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #64 on: September 02, 2012, 08:33 PM »

Yes, night match! Frauderer on in the afternoon! cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #65 on: September 02, 2012, 08:37 PM »

Andy on last on Ashe.  YASSSS!!  We got our Wish folks Very Happy  woooooo   (  I am the scheduling wish fairy)  your welcome
Oh heck.  Follows a women's doubles, so that means probably 2 am BST.  I was hoping he'd be on first at night.  Even this night owl doesn't like watching matches at that hour, especially in Slams where they can be long ones, and I can't record it.  Would never sleep anyway wondering what the score was.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #66 on: September 02, 2012, 08:38 PM »

Excellent - so glad it's evening and cooler. Has Andy played a night match yet? Has Fed played a day match yet?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #67 on: September 02, 2012, 08:40 PM »

Thanks, John, that's great news.  Thank heavens for Labour Day!!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #68 on: September 02, 2012, 08:40 PM »

zz  I will be sleeping,  defos.  Hopefully I will wake up to some good news  pray
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #69 on: September 02, 2012, 09:11 PM »

tj - I found it extraordinary that the Sky comms hadn't thought for themselves that Andy's inability to spend his usual acclimatisation time in Miami could account for his not dealing with the heat and humidity as well as usual.  They discussed it today in the context of Andy having mentioned it as if it just hadn't occurred to them.  Honestly what are these people paid for?  search me

Well I think Croft is paid to sit on her arse all day to be honest. Greg is clearly paid to provide insightful, thoughtful comment. Either that or he is paid to sit there and be thick.

Seriously though, I have screamed about Miami at the TV. It strikes me that even if it isn't relevant in physical terms, if that is the way to phrase it, although I personally believe it is, it is something that Andy usually does as part of his preparation that he hasn't been able to do, so it makes it significant. I think Andy deserves a lot of credit for getting on with it knowing he has struggled with the conditions. Not once has he whined or made an excuse. He has just stated the issue about Miami as a fact, which is why the comms are ridiculous for not picking up on it before. And these people are supposed to be experts. God help the rest of us if that is true!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #70 on: September 02, 2012, 09:12 PM »

Oh thank God! I think I want to cry!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #71 on: September 02, 2012, 09:20 PM »

Well I think Croft is paid to sit on her arse all day to be honest. Greg is clearly paid to provide insightful, thoughtful comment. Either that or he is paid to sit there and be thick.

Seriously though, I have screamed about Miami at the TV. It strikes me that even if it isn't relevant in physical terms, if that is the way to phrase it, although I personally believe it is, it is something that Andy usually does as part of his preparation that he hasn't been able to do, so it makes it significant. I think Andy deserves a lot of credit for getting on with it knowing he has struggled with the conditions. Not once has he whined or made an excuse. He has just stated the issue about Miami as a fact, which is why the comms are ridiculous for not picking up on it before. And these people are supposed to be experts. God help the rest of us if that is true!

Is being an Andy Murray fan meaning you have to bend over backwards to make excuses for him? Did Joker do a training stint in Miami? Joker has played Wimbledon, Olympics, Montreal and Cinny. And he's played the maxm matches in each tournament except Wimbledon where he lost the semis. He's breezed through the tournament so far playing in the heat of the day. Im fed up people making excuses for Andy. I just want him to get on with it, fight through the pain barrier and win this thing. I dont care whether he's not had a training stint in Miami and I don;t care if its hot because its the same for everyone. Andy has played fewer matches than any of the other top players this year. He's had a big rest since the Olympics and should be fighting fit. He started Monday this year as well. So lets hear no more excuse about Andy being tired please.
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #72 on: September 02, 2012, 09:23 PM »

Horrific start time as far as watching goes.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #73 on: September 02, 2012, 09:24 PM »

One match at a time and we are into the 4th round.

Personally, I don't like Raonic's style - reminds me too much of Sampras yawn

Not going to read anything into the H2H at all.

Andy will need to be at his snarling best though devil

Agreed. Milos has a boring style and not much variation, but what he does he does well.  That wins him matches, until he comes up against an intelligent player.
Andy needs to play with his head as much as his tennis.

Milos needs to get a hairdressers appointment.
 lol
Andy in 4, or 5 given his present drop in lethality. cmonandy
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #74 on: September 02, 2012, 09:29 PM »

Milos needs to get a hairdressers appointment.

Never seen anything like it. If Milos walked around Glasgow with a haircut like that he'd be arrested.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »