Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R4 : Murray v Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray v Raonic
3-0 Andy - 11 (22.9%)
3-1 Andy - 26 (54.2%)
3-2 Andy - 7 (14.6%)
3-0 Raonic - 0 (0%)
3-1 Raonic - 2 (4.2%)
3-2 Raonic - 2 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 Go Down Reply
Author

USO R4 : Murray v Raonic

(Read 13447 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #840 on: September 04, 2012, 06:38 AM »

I feel almost as elated as if Andy had won the whole thing.  It's not just this victory but what it says for the future: ie you pug-faced little upstart remember your place.  I hope Raonic learns a lesson as he made a fool of himself with his arrogant comments.
Overend emphasises Andy's tactical brilliance.  Andy in a non-boasty sort of way said he thought he'd played a v intelligent match with lots of slices and things to mix it up.  Can't wait to watch.
It was all the sweeter as I'd dreamed he'd lost in straight sets and the dream woke me up but try as I might couldn't get back to sleep and finally heard a sports report on the radio.
  to all on MW who kept the home fires burning in the small hours.
And  clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap for Andy Golden Murray  yay yay
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #841 on: September 04, 2012, 06:45 AM »

Just got up to see the match soooo proud of you Andy, well played. rule flex jumping-w00t
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #842 on: September 04, 2012, 06:47 AM »

As there seems to have been a delay with our match report [I can hardly complain having not stayed up to watch] thought I'd post the BBC report.  Amazing that Raonic never even got a break point against Andy and the stats are so impressive.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/19455564
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #843 on: September 04, 2012, 06:50 AM »

Just read all your brilliant comments. Thank you guys 'n gals. thumb up
Wish I'd propped my eyelids up with matches and stayed up. Rolling Eyes
Here's to Mr Magic, our wonderful Andy Murray cheers
toot
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #844 on: September 04, 2012, 06:53 AM »

Only just realised that they changed the schedule; had I known I might have stayed up.  Just as well as apparently they finished just before the rain.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #845 on: September 04, 2012, 06:57 AM »

Me too Ruthie 
But lol would we have been nervous
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #846 on: September 04, 2012, 06:59 AM »

Yes though it sounds as though Andy stamped his authority on pug-face pretty quickly so perhaps even we might have calmed down bbh
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #847 on: September 04, 2012, 07:07 AM »

Just watched this after recording it. Ive rarely seen Andy play better than that. It was a masterclass. He was awesome! Poor Milos had no answer.  You could see him shaking his head in disbelief by the second set.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #848 on: September 04, 2012, 07:08 AM »

And here's a great report from Kev Mitchell in the Graniad:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/sep/04/andy-murray-milos-raonic-us-open
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #849 on: September 04, 2012, 07:16 AM »

Oh yes...

Woke up, checked the score, smiled from ear to ear, posted that, fell straight back to sleep. lol

I'll be watching the QF, no matter what time.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #850 on: September 04, 2012, 07:22 AM »

great match,no heart stopping moments,Murray in control from start to finish.Well Done Andy.
Jonathan Overend did a great commentary but his American buddy, whose name I can't spell Jeff nearly finished me off with his obsession with food when it was Andy he should have been concentrating on
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #851 on: September 04, 2012, 07:44 AM »

Tremendous game. I am sorry that some of you may have missed it thinking it later in the night. Well worth watching a reply if you can.

All sport is about showing that you are in charge and that was what he did. The tactics were excellent (Raonic's brief to stand almost with the line judges on serves was way off). I only got a little worried in the second game of the third set when he made three unforced errors in one service game.  The "lose concentration phase" looked imminent but I needn't have worried as he broke next game then again to trounce him 6-2 in that set. 

Raonic was quite cruelly exposed as limited especially in the mobility skills. Drop and cross shots dragged him out of his comfort zone quite cruelly as Andy dug in the knife and twisted it relentlessly. This certainly was the A game.

No clue how he will fare against Cilic. On paper it looks easier but who knows anymore. Seeing that display last night we all know that with the right tactics and confidence in his ability he has the skill to go to at least another Open semi in US.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #852 on: September 04, 2012, 07:53 AM »

Thanks to Aileen's frequent updates, I know the result, and just about to sit down with my glass of wine and crunchie chocolate and enjoy every minute of this match (that my sky channel has shown).  I'm particularly looking forward to the lob from Milos that Andy gets back to and wins that Brad Gilbert tweeted about and Aileen said was a brilliant shot! Very Happy

Catch you in 2 hours wave
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #853 on: September 04, 2012, 08:21 AM »

Looking forward to watching it.  Having read and heard some of the comm reactions I reflect back on a debate   on MW earlier this year when there were fears that Andy had lost the game of finesse that had marked him out as special as he tried to bring more power and aggression to his game.  It does seem that that was a period of transition when he had to emphasise the new parts of his game for a while so as to become
comfortable with them but that now he can draw easily on his many faceted repetoire.  Indeed when Ovarend asked him if he agreed he was improving as a player at 25 he said yes he felt he was maturing and understood better how to use the weapons he has.
IP Logged
Becky
Challenger Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #854 on: September 04, 2012, 08:32 AM »

Just watched the match. He played brilliantly and really put Raonic in his place.

Keep up the good play for the next match!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »