Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R4 : Murray v Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray v Raonic
3-0 Andy - 11 (22.9%)
3-1 Andy - 26 (54.2%)
3-2 Andy - 7 (14.6%)
3-0 Raonic - 0 (0%)
3-1 Raonic - 2 (4.2%)
3-2 Raonic - 2 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 Go Down Reply
Author

USO R4 : Murray v Raonic

(Read 12586 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #855 on: September 04, 2012, 08:37 AM »

"There was not much I could do," Raonic said. "I tried playing back, coming in a lot. He had solutions to everything. He took me out of the match. He said at the end, 'Sorry.' and I said, 'Don't be sorry, it was simply amazing, keep it up.' He was blocking returns, neutralising me really well. It was tough in there. He did things I had no answer for, something I had not really experienced before."

Smile
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #856 on: September 04, 2012, 08:41 AM »

Lovely play from Andy, nice done. He served well, the passes were brilliant and he didn't make chepe mistakes.
The scheduling played a trick with me, so I missed a part of the match. It should have started later, but the important thing is Andy stood up to the challenge and delivered. Keep it up!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #857 on: September 04, 2012, 08:49 AM »

Even Milos's much heralded haircut could make no impression on Andy's game. But we've seen this all before. Andy eats big servers for lunch. Cilic is next up to the chopping block and I predict another 3 set win for Andy.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #858 on: September 04, 2012, 08:54 AM »

"There was not much I could do," Raonic said. "I tried playing back, coming in a lot. He had solutions to everything. He took me out of the match. He said at the end, 'Sorry.' and I said, 'Don't be sorry, it was simply amazing, keep it up.' He was blocking returns, neutralising me really well. It was tough in there. He did things I had no answer for, something I had not really experienced before."

Smile
I love the 'I had not really experienced before' especially as how many times has he played smugfed?   I think this has pulled him down a peg or three and if he's as intelligent as they say he is he'll have learned a lesson about how to go into a match against a top player - or any player come to that.
IP Logged
Thevalley
Junior

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #859 on: September 04, 2012, 08:56 AM »

I missed the match - anyone know a link to a recording of match? Thanks
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #860 on: September 04, 2012, 09:05 AM »

That was a very generous post match interview from Raonic thumb up
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #861 on: September 04, 2012, 09:50 AM »

I missed the match - anyone know a link to a recording of match? Thanks
It's being repeated on Eurosport today at 1pm, if you have Eurosport, that's the only way I can watch them, but it's easier to enjoy the match knowing the outcome  w00t
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #862 on: September 04, 2012, 10:16 AM »

My comms: smart play, gorgeous play, some people don't realise what talent this player has, he's played all the shots tonight.

Who they talking about.  yes Mr Andrew Murray.  

Well done Andy! clap

Missed a few points when they went to the Williams' match but got to see that brilliant lob shot!

Oh, and the on court interview.

Andy: It's going to be a tough match, I'll have to play my best tennis if I want to beat him.

Brad:  You do know it's 6-1 to you.

Andy: Walks off with big grin on his face.

Not taking anything for granted - one match at a time yes
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #863 on: September 04, 2012, 10:34 AM »

Am I the only one who finds Raonic's - 'Don't be sorry, it was simply amazing, keep it up.' - slightly patronising?  It's the 'keep it up' that annoys me but maybe I'm just being hyper-sensitive.

I think Andy should be set a time limit for every match - he seems to play so well when he knows there's a deadline to meet whether it's imminent rain or a stadium curfew!

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #864 on: September 04, 2012, 10:40 AM »

Yes I rather bristled at the 'keep it up' Alis but I think in context of other things he has said, which showed genuine admiration if not awe at how Andy played, I would let it pass.  We can afford to be magnanimous today  Whistle
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #865 on: September 04, 2012, 10:45 AM »

Think you're being overly harsh on Raonic there, Alis. As have a lot of MW members over the last 24 hours.

If everyone was nice and complimentary, it would be a pretty boring sport. I have no problem with a young upstart being cocky pre-match, at least Raonic recognised that he was outclassed last night.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #866 on: September 04, 2012, 10:45 AM »

Smile

Hope all the Milos bashers calling him pug face on here after the pre match presser pipe down now. That was a lovely post match interview, the guy has a lot to learn and he's very young, everyone needs a chance to prove themselves. Smile
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #867 on: September 04, 2012, 10:49 AM »

Sorry never liked him, don't like him, end of.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #868 on: September 04, 2012, 10:53 AM »

To be fair to Raonic (and I think he tried to get this point across in his pre-match interview), giving the Top 4 too much respect can see you quietly ushered out of the tournament if you expect to be beaten. I think he was just trying to create confidence for himself.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Raonic « Reply #869 on: September 04, 2012, 10:56 AM »

Fantastic match - even better than I expected.  Just picked up on the gold flashes on Andy's shoes  too, subtle or what!  There is a deep pyschology about this guy that fascinates me.  Looking forward to his post-career biography, many years from now, hopefully.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »