Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO R4 : Murray v Young 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 Go Down Reply
Author

USO R4 : Murray v Young

(Read 10319 times)
ilam
Junior

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Young « Reply #750 on: September 08, 2011, 10:27 PM »

Final has been rescheduled to Monday. Hope Andy will be there. cmonandy
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Young « Reply #751 on: September 08, 2011, 10:37 PM »

Nole comes back and they play a tiebreaker and Nole wins first set, but commentators say he is hanging his head, and looking pale.
Its not just me then that thinks he looks ailing with something. But wow, if he can play so good when he's sick, thats impressive.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Young « Reply #752 on: September 08, 2011, 10:40 PM »

Good to know that. Thanks.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Young « Reply #753 on: September 08, 2011, 10:46 PM »

Murray sails over Young into quarterfina...
Thursday, September 8, 2011

Donald Young must have had loads of confidence heading into his fourth-round match against No. 4 Andy Murray. Just this year, in the pair's only meeting, Young claimed a straight-set 7-6(4), 6-3 victory over the Scot on the hard courts of Indian Wells. But Indian Wells is no best-of-five Grand Slam. Murray's experience in high-stakes matches took precedent, and he cruised to a 6-2, 6-3, 6-3 win to advance into the quarterfinals.

While the two were only able to manage three games on Wednesday's dismal rainy day, both held serve for a Young 2-1 lead. By Thursday morning, the sun was out in full effect as both players resumed play. But the outlook quickly turned dismal for Young, who dropped the opening five games to concede the set. Unforced errors proved to be the major culprit as the American committed 53 unforced errors.

The final two sets were a battle, but Murray's much cleaner and consistent game was the more successful, and he closed it out in under two hours.

Grandstand - Men's Singles - 4th Round

Donald Young USA       2  3  3     

Andy Murray GBR (4)      6  6  6     

Match Statistics Serve Statistics

IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Young « Reply #754 on: September 08, 2011, 10:46 PM »

Tipsaric has taken the second set
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Young « Reply #755 on: September 08, 2011, 10:52 PM »

I don't think Novak is sick,
He's just human,
He wasnt injured when he pooped out a Cincy, he was tired
And now he's tired again,
I've a horrible feeling it's going to be a Federer Murray final,
Would prefer a Novak Murray one of course,
Tipsy Murray final is too much like wishful thinking sadly.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Young « Reply #756 on: September 08, 2011, 11:03 PM »

Tipsy is down 0-3, but you never know with him, he may come back.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Young « Reply #757 on: September 08, 2011, 11:08 PM »

39 Nole 54 Tipsy Unforced errors
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Young « Reply #758 on: September 08, 2011, 11:38 PM »

Not a chance!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Young « Reply #759 on: September 09, 2011, 10:57 AM »

That's good to hear, Andy will have a bit time to recover.
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Young « Reply #760 on: September 09, 2011, 02:43 PM »

Hope Andy has his best first serve shoes on tonight for Isner as the 10 Foot doll is lethal here. Perhaps he will trip over his gigantic shoes. ( Isner I mean) This will be a slammer of a match and I hope Andy does not trust his luck with long rallies and then loses them. He has to come into the net more often too. Fed is not out of it yet and has not had to worry about a thing-how does he do it?
Novak was not ill but a little weary of his mate Tipsy trying to take his crown away, he knew he had the better stamina and would prevail. Oh God it's thundering here is this an omen!!!! Weedman  nervous
[ Last edit by AFT September 09, 2011, 02:56 PM ] IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Young « Reply #761 on: September 09, 2011, 03:04 PM »

nervous Nervous and excited for tonight's match, glad I have some booze in the ready!     cmonandyBagpipes
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Young « Reply #762 on: September 09, 2011, 03:35 PM »

OMG I wish I were home to watch this right now!!!! I Just decided to check the USO site to find that not only are they playing, but Andy is up a set and a break-- Yay!!!!!!

To Aileen - thank you so much for your lovely message. I will not be chased off of MW so easily but I will be avoiding arguments from here on out. It's just not worth the negativity for me.

I hope to be able to take part in the celebrations later when I'm back at my PC. I really hate posting from my phone.

Thank you again.

Cheers for Andy!!!!
Nyssa, my intention was never to 'chase you off' and I seriously doubt any of the other posters were trying to do so either! I was just amazed that a 'Newbie' such as yourself, would, as far as I can tell, after having been made to feel welcome on this site, infer that the members, many of whom have been here for years, are a bunch of 'whiners'! Incredibly rude I thought! The fact is Nyssa, that we often have a good old moan on here! Where better place to do it when we feel the need, than amongst friends? We should all be able to feel that we can continue to do so, without being 'put down' for it by anyone! In fact, I have to say I think it's remarkable, that a woman such as you with three children [I myself have two], doesn't appear to feel the need for a good old 'whine' yourself at times!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Young « Reply #763 on: September 09, 2011, 03:35 PM »

Hope Andy has his best first serve shoes on tonight for Isner as the 10 Foot doll is lethal here. Perhaps he will trip over his gigantic shoes. ( Isner I mean) This will be a slammer of a match and I hope Andy does not trust his luck with long rallies and then loses them. He has to come into the net more often too. Fed is not out of it yet and has not had to worry about a thing-how does he do it?
Novak was not ill but a little weary of his mate Tipsy trying to take his crown away, he knew he had the better stamina and would prevail. Oh God it's thundering here is this an omen!!!! Weedman  nervous

As Isner is not a great returner, I think Andy will do what he did with Lopez and take just a little bit off his first serve to make sure he gets it in.  If he manages his serve he should have no bother.
IP Logged
Nyssa

My Two Favorite Players! :)

Re: USO R4 : Murray v Young « Reply #764 on: September 09, 2011, 04:47 PM »

Nyssa, my intention was never to 'chase you off' and I seriously doubt any of the other posters were trying to do so either! I was just amazed that a 'Newbie' such as yourself, would, as far as I can tell, after having been made to feel welcome on this site, infer that the members, many of whom have been here for years, are a bunch of 'whiners'! Incredibly rude I thought! The fact is Nyssa, that we often have a good old moan on here! Where better place to do it when we feel the need, than amongst friends? We should all be able to feel that we can continue to do so, without being 'put down' for it by anyone! In fact, I have to say I think it's remarkable, that a woman such as you with three children [I myself have two], doesn't appear to feel the need for a good old 'whine' yourself at times!

My being new to this particular forum should have nothing to do with my being allowed to express my feelings and opinions like every other person who chooses to participate here.  I voiced my opinion on the posts as well as the situation, just as you have expressed yours. Besides, as you so eloquently told me, no one is twisting your arm to read it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »