Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO SF : Murray v Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray v Nadal
Andy 3-0 - 2 (6.1%)
Andy 3-1 - 8 (24.2%)
Andy 3-2 - 10 (30.3%)
Rafa 3-0 - 7 (21.2%)
Rafa 3-1 - 4 (12.1%)
Rafa 3-2 - 2 (6.1%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 60 Go Down Reply
Author

USO SF : Murray v Nadal

(Read 27741 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 07:04 AM »

No walkabouts in this one, Andy please. Get your boot on Rafa's neck and don't take it off till the very last point Boxing
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 07:25 AM »

These two owe us a 5 setter.
Don't be cruel .. They don't owe us anything.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 07:26 AM »

However,   cmonandy    You're the man for the job!
[ Last edit by adb..OH September 10, 2011, 07:31 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 07:42 AM »

These 2 have met 16 times to date, with 3 meetings this year.  Rafa has the upper hand on both counts but Andy has to remember that he can beat Rafa - believe in yourself Andy!

* Murray vs Nadal.png (255.94 KB, 596x1014 - viewed 36 times.)
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 07:54 AM »

I just got done watching Andy's match and for the exception of the third set, Andy looked great.  His serve and his returns were great.  He handled Isner's serves, and his unforced errors were superb.

Rafa is human, bleeds, makes mistakes.  Our Andy is a smart player and with the right attitude, he can take Rafa to the cleaners.....nobody says it will be easy, but Andy like Rafa is a fighter. 

Come in expecting to win Andy, not fearing to lose!!  May the force be with you, we'll be sending good vibes!!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 07:58 AM »

If Rafa was playing Isner,
Do you think he could have done much better?
I would have thought probably that Rafa would not have let Isner back into the match at least.
But Isner was playing much better than Roddick.

Rafa did play Isner in the 1st round of Wimbledon Roland Garros this year.  It took Rafa 5 sets to win the match.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 08:04 AM »

With regard to the first SF - it's a lesser of two evils for me King Smug or Prince Smug - equally as annoying as one another but lets hope they knock each other stupid for 5 sets and that Andy gets past Rafa.  Rafa and Andy matches are always pretty close - Andy must be due a win against him why not tommorrow.  Come on Andy................
clap  I can be done. Keep the faith everyone.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 08:10 AM »

clap  I can be done. Keep the faith everyone.

The Kiwi sports guy said 'c'mon Andy, you can do it' in his bulletin tonight Very Happy

Might just have to watch Fedex and Joker tomorrow too.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 08:12 AM »

These 2 have met 16 times to date, with 3 meetings this year.  Rafa has the upper hand on both counts but Andy has to remember that he can beat Rafa - believe in yourself Andy!
Good, the H2H is in place! Right Bev, the stats are not in Andys favour, but he can do it. He cannot have even 1 minute consentration lapse even if he takes a set off him. He must be learning more and more each time they oppose each other.
Rafa is amazing, his ability to return shots and moreover, his accuracy of keeping the ball on court.
 cmonandy
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 08:13 AM »

Because Andy knows he had a tougher match than Nadal, I feel that will make him try and shorten the points and if he starts to put the pressure on Rafa and keeps it up, he can win this. He won't make the same mistake he did at Wimbledon when leading Rafa. Let's all send very strong vibes across the pond.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 08:19 AM »

Match scheduled to start not before 2:45 pm ET (7:45 pm BST)

There's the likelihood of a much later start though as the Djokovic/Federer match, scheduled for 12:00 pm ET, could go to 4 or even 5 sets.

Weather looks reasonably good - Intervals of clouds and sunshine. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High near 80F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. 20% chance of rain.

All I want is for Andy to give of his best, so if he wins, then great; but if he loses, then there's no disgrace, although he'll be hugely disappointed.

Thats how I feel too Aileen. But Andy will get a break through (one day) he's knocking on the door of the two best players ever and Novak that is looking like he will prove to be the 3rd best. It aint easy and its not the quality of his tennis, its just his mind set. This has been said by Novak and many others. Andy has to be ruthless mentally and put the fear of god into Rafa.

I'm so proud of Andy, and would love to see his dream and our dream come true! I'm sure he'd like to do it for his team and fans.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #26 on: September 10, 2011, 08:23 AM »

From the beeb:-

Looking ahead to his meeting with Murray, Nadal added: "It's always a pleasure to play Andy, he's one of the players with the most talent on the tour.

"It's always exciting against him and a big challenge for me. I lost to him in the 2008 semi-finals and I will have to play aggressive, play my best tennis.

"If I play like I did today then I'll give myself a good chance."
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #27 on: September 10, 2011, 08:26 AM »

Andy, remember the 3 cs: Confidence, Calmness and most importantly- Courage.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 09:49 AM »

Think with the ease that Rafa has played against Roddick today Nadal may just be a little too fit for Andy tomorrow.

A shame mind as I feel if he can get through this and get a days rest before Monday he would have a great chance against either Novak or Rodger

With a heavy heart I unfortunately think Rafa will win in 4 sets tomorrow.

I have never hoped so much in my life mind that I am wrong about anything as I do about tomorrow.

Come on Andy give us a match of your life  yay
Yes.....I can really see this opener giving Andy confidence if he reads it before the match!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #29 on: September 10, 2011, 10:03 AM »

So hope Andy will be able to beat Rafa today, he sooo deserves it with having had a harder draw than the other 3 top guys, and having to play back to back. This boy deserves a break and it's about time he got it. Hope it wont be more than 4 sets. Just don't know how I'm going to get through watching this in one piece.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 60 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »