Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  USO SF : Murray v Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray v Nadal
Andy 3-0 - 2 (6.1%)
Andy 3-1 - 8 (24.2%)
Andy 3-2 - 10 (30.3%)
Rafa 3-0 - 7 (21.2%)
Rafa 3-1 - 4 (12.1%)
Rafa 3-2 - 2 (6.1%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 Go Down Reply
Author

USO SF : Murray v Nadal

(Read 27381 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #870 on: September 13, 2011, 08:33 PM »

I believe he has a friend in New Jersey who has a 'Pod' which you sit in to help you recover far more easily than ice baths etc. and it also reoxygenates the blood.  Seemingly, it is very new and there are very few in the world at the moment.
IP Logged
althusser
Junior

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #871 on: September 13, 2011, 08:43 PM »

it seems there are some people around tennis who see his run as somewhat suspicious
IP Logged
althusser
Junior

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #872 on: September 13, 2011, 08:45 PM »

consoling myself alot with Fed's loss - exposed what a bad loser he has been since he, well, actually started losing matches!

Enjoy his defeat more now as during the match I had mixed feelings since Murray was still in and thought a final against Fed was preferable to Nole
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #873 on: September 13, 2011, 11:53 PM »

it seems there are some people around tennis who see his run as somewhat suspicious

I have to say that if you had told me that the Djokovic I watched play Berdych at the 02 last year would do what he has this year I wouldn't have believed you.  Then he appeared mediocre and that was only in November last year - it has to be a pact with the devil!
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #874 on: September 14, 2011, 03:33 AM »

Novak was always destined to be the world no.1, no surprise there although this year's performance is bordering on the superhuman now! I really admire the way he has worked so hard to put the finishing touches to his game, a year ago the only things stopping him were his serve and physicality and he has addressed those issues brilliantly. Andy will do the same, this time next year Djokovic and Murray will be no.1 and no.2 and enjoying one of those great tennis rivalries. I've been predicting this for years, it will be so good to see it come to pass!

As for Fed, why oh why do the pundits still ignore this guy's lack of class when he loses, it's a mystery to me.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #875 on: September 14, 2011, 03:46 AM »

I believe he has a friend in New Jersey who has a 'Pod' which you sit in to help you recover far more easily than ice baths etc. and it also reoxygenates the blood.  Seemingly, it is very new and there are very few in the world at the moment.
Also the ITF and ATP haven't yet made up their minds as to whether this is "performance enhancing" and therefore unacceptable to them.

That was always going to be inevitable.  I've heard dark talk about new, highly sophisticated performance enhancing drugs which cannot be detected by the usual drug-testing methods - and I bet he's probably the most tested player on the planet just now, just as Nadal was when there were suspicions about his well-developed muscles.

The much more likely truth is that Djokovic (a) changed his diet after being found to have a sensitivity to gluten, something which can cause a lot of problems, including constant feelings of fatigue due to the fact that this condition stops the nourishment from food from entering the blood-stream; (b) consulted a sports psychologist; (c) worked his butt off; and (d) got a huge boost from Serbia's first win of the Davis Cup, which tie took place in December after the WTF.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #876 on: September 14, 2011, 07:04 AM »

Yes where does he get his energy. What is secret, it does make you wonder. I think I would like some of his energy and stamina. If you could bottle it you would make a fortune.
So you think he,s taken performance enhancing drugs then?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #877 on: September 14, 2011, 10:36 AM »

The much more likely truth is that Djokovic (a) changed his diet after being found to have a sensitivity to gluten, something which can cause a lot of problems, including constant feelings of fatigue due to the fact that this condition stops the nourishment from food from entering the blood-stream; (b) consulted a sports psychologist; (c) worked his butt off; and (d) got a huge boost from Serbia's first win of the Davis Cup, which tie took place in December after the WTF.

[/quote]

I agree - I believe Novak did all of the above and, of course, success breeds success.  The more you win, the more you believe you can!

I also agree with macenroeforever - Djokovic and Murray will be the dominant force in tennis for the next few years.  Federer is waning, Nadal is looking vulnerable and the rest of the pack is a long way behind.  We only need Andy to believe it too!
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #878 on: September 14, 2011, 01:11 PM »

I agree that Djokovic and Murray will be the dominant force in tennis for the next few years, together with Jaun Martin Del Potro.
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #879 on: September 14, 2011, 04:32 PM »

I agree that Djokovic and Murray will be the dominant force in tennis for the next few years, together with Jaun Martin Del Potro.
You're right Dex, Del Potro is a threat, no question..i thought he would have been in the top 10 again by now though and i have a feeling that he might unfortunately be a player who struggles with injuries a bit..Raonic might be a threat too once he develops a bit more.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #880 on: September 14, 2011, 04:36 PM »

You're right Dex, Del Potro is a threat, no question..i thought he would have been in the top 10 again by now though and i have a feeling that he might unfortunately be a player who struggles with injuries a bit..Raonic might be a threat too once he develops a bit more.

Raonic is the new Cilic. Flatters to deceive. Can't see anyone coming through.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #881 on: September 14, 2011, 05:06 PM »

I remember a long time ago the Finnish long distance runner Lassi Viren (excuse spelling please) used to take blood from himself a few months before big races. He would then have it transfused back into his body. This used to increase the oxygen levels in his body. This of course helped him to win major races. It was banned in athletics. But I have heard of it being used since that time. Perhaps this is being used again to increase stamina.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #882 on: September 14, 2011, 05:12 PM »

This is all very well, but with Nadal making 3 of this year's GS finals (winning one), I don't see him falling out of the picture just yet...

I'd love for he and Andy to be in different halves, for once, come Australia. That way, Andy gets a shot at Djoko before the final, rather than coming up against the Mallorcan wall again.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #883 on: September 14, 2011, 05:15 PM »

I have to say that if you had told me that the Djokovic I watched play Berdych at the 02 last year would do what he has this year I wouldn't have believed you.  Then he appeared mediocre and that was only in November last year - it has to be a pact with the devil!

Djoko was mediocre for a good couple of years after winning the AO in 2008. I was always wondering how on earth he managed to stay in the top 3 for so long. This year has been a major surprise - gives me hope that Andy can somehow do a fraction of the same at some point, but his self belief needs to change right now. Working harder in the gym is not the solution.

I can't help but wonder exactly what Djokovic has done to produce a year like this - surely cutting out gluten isn't all? Think
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: USO SF : Murray v Nadal « Reply #884 on: September 14, 2011, 05:17 PM »

Raonic is the new Cilic. Flatters to deceive. Can't see anyone coming through.
Cilic has certainly disappointed so far, I wouldn't write Raonic off just yet though..no.31 in the world at 20 years old and hasn't played since Wimbledon, think he's beaten Fish twice this year as well as Verdasco, Llodra and Youzhny..with a serve like his he could go far if he continues to build on his form earlier this year. It will be interesting to see how he does when he comes back..
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »