Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Vote for Andy - 2012 ATP World Tour Awards Favourite Player (deadline Oct 31) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Vote for Andy - 2012 ATP World Tour Awards Favourite Player (deadline Oct 31)  (Read 1864 times)
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award

The player who, throughout the year, conducted himself at the highest level of professionalism and integrity, who competed with his fellow players with the utmost spirit of fairness and who promoted the game through his off-court activities.

Nominees
Marin Cilic
Juan Martin del Potro
Roger Federer
David Ferrer

confused  shocking

I dunno why they don't see the Fed that we see.  He's won it before, hasn't he?  Daft...
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

I dunno why they don't see the Fed that we see.  He's won it before, hasn't he?  Daft...
Hasn't he won it 5 years in a row or something silly? Although I think I recall someone mentioned Nadal won it one year, so perhaps not. Pretty sure he wins it most years though.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Smugfed is probably shoe in for this award..... *sigh*
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Smugfed is probably shoe in for this award..... *sigh*

I know where I'd put that shoe in.... lol
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Now voted from my other pc
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

What the hell?????????????

ROGER FEDERER??

No Nole, Rafa or Andy????

Cilic??? maybe I didnt see too much of his matches...it is obvious everyone will vote for stupid Fed.. doh
I would go for Ferrer.

I find it very odd too Zarfeen that Federer is the only one of the "big 4" in the running, arguably the least sporting of the bunch! Re: Cilic maybe it all goes back to Queens and the incident with the linesman where he won the match by default after Nalbandian was disqualified. I don't recall him complaining or saying anything negative in the aftermath.

Have voted for Andy on the ATP website but I didn't get any sort of email acknowledgement. Did anyone else? Maybe it's because I made sure I didn't subscribe to the newsletters!
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Andy and Djoker probably aren't shortlisted cos they keep smashing rackets which Smugfed tends not to do.  Also, Andy does (let's admit) utter a few expletives - we know it's only to motivate himself but the toffs won't like it.  We all also know that Smugfed keeps 'letting out' sly digs and plays mind games off the court but methinks this isn't counted.

In other words, it's all a political charade - we shouldn't be surprised.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Yeah, from outside, it sure looks like Roger deserves it.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

But wasn't it this year that smugfed told someone to shut up?  Or was it last year.  It all merges into one very quickly.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

But wasn't it this year that smugfed told someone to shut up?  Or was it last year.  It all merges into one very quickly.

When was that?? I never heard of him saying someone to shut up..there was one video where he said the umpire that he doesn't care a **** of what he says, is that the one?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

No it wasn't that one.  He shouted at someone in the crowd to shut up - I'm sure someone with a better memory than mine will recall when exactly.  I think it was earlier this year, possibly at Roland Garros?  I have a feeling there's a clip of it on a thread somewhere.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

It was RG.

IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

No it wasn't that one.  He shouted at someone in the crowd to shut up - I'm sure someone with a better memory than mine will recall when exactly.  I think it was earlier this year, possibly at Roland Garros?  I have a feeling there's a clip of it on a thread somewhere.

Nice, I wanna see that...
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Thanks Linda.  Delpo's floated into my mind after my last post so pleased to see my memory cells havn't dried up completely.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Nice, I wanna see that...
And you shall if you look at the post above yours!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »