Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Vote for Andy - 2012 ATP World Tour Awards Favourite Player (deadline Oct 31) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Reply
Author

Vote for Andy - 2012 ATP World Tour Awards Favourite Player (deadline Oct 31)

(Read 2314 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

I just wish federer didnt win the sportsman one. that's what pisses me off more
With you on that one, Prod. Especially when it's voted by fellow players.  confused Would love to see the voting list on that one.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Federer is seen as a god by the lower ranked players. Hence why so many roll over when playing him.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

The awful thing is that I'm not even really that surprised!I just...ugh,grrrr....How do more people not see who the man is?Sure,he's brilliant at tennis,but the stuff that comes out of his mouth!The size of his ego!And yet enough people are taken in to ensure he still wins fan favourite awards and such like...And you're completely right,the sportsmanship one is even more of a joke.
Ok,apologies for the ranting,it's over!
You are right Scotnadian,and Ruthie-we did manage to get him to second,and when you see the other names on that list,that is really,really something positive. Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

You are right Scotnadian,and Ruthie-we did manage to get him to second,and when you see the other names on that list,that is really,really something positive. Smile
Atta girl. Smile And I'm a believer in The Truth Will Always Out.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Very much hope you're right on that one Scotnadian! Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Let's accentuate the positive folks. Andy came 2nd.  Let's just forget smugfed.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

With you on that one, Prod. Especially when it's voted by fellow players.  confused Would love to see the voting list on that one.

FELLOW PLAYERS?? Are you serious?
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

It's great that Andy came second in the fans favourite award. Smile

Not surprised at all that Fed won the sportsmanship award. If the sportsmanship award is based just on on-court behaviour, then I can see why the players would vote for him - he doesn't waste time between points, doesn't take tactical MTOs, retire from his matches when losing or lose his temper at the umpire (not very often anyway). His off-court comments don't show great sportsmanship though (although he does seem to have turned into a better loser over the last year). Delpo, Cilic and Ferrer would have been worthy winners imo for both their on-court and off-court conduct but I guess the lower-ranked players vote for the higher-profile name all the time - does get boring with the same player winning year after year though.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

It's great that Andy came second in the fans favourite award. Smile

Not surprised at all that Fed won the sportsmanship award. If the sportsmanship award is based just on on-court behaviour, then I can see why the players would vote for him - he doesn't waste time between points, doesn't take tactical MTOs, retire from his matches when losing or lose his temper at the umpire (not very often anyway). His off-court comments don't show great sportsmanship though (although he does seem to have turned into a better loser over the last year). Delpo, Cilic and Ferrer would have been worthy winners imo for both their on-court and off-court conduct but I guess the lower-ranked players vote for the higher-profile name all the time - does get boring with the same player winning year after year though.

But he did try to get a match stopped for a few drops of rain and held up proceedings long enough to enable him to get his breath back when he was toiling.   Not very sportsmanlike.   
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

tbqh    it  isn't even a competition.  Fed wins it  every time.    and if you have the most  grand slams   then who cares about  your  personality and your on court behavior  AM I RIGHT??!?!  This country  is filled with 80%  glory  hunter  so it's no surprise that fed won   it  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

But he did try to get a match stopped for a few drops of rain and held up proceedings long enough to enable him to get his breath back when he was toiling.   Not very sportsmanlike.   
That's true - that definitely wasn't one of Fed's finest moments.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »