Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  vote for andy as top teenager 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

vote for andy as top teenager

(Read 1277 times)
arka
vote for andy as top teenager « Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 01:29 PM »

Ok he was not a prodigious talent. But how can you say he is a 1D footballer. He works more than anyone else, kicks better than anyone else, controls the ball well and crosses with digital accuracy.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

vote for andy as top teenager « Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 01:32 PM »

Quote from: "arka"
Ok he was not a prodigious talent. But how can you say he is a 1D footballer. He works more than anyone else, kicks better than anyone else, controls the ball well and crosses with digital accuracy.

hes definitely not the best at any of those things.hes good but hes not the best.the exception to this is possibly his crossing and set-piece play (which i would count together as one element to the game ads they essentialy require the same technique and tactics)
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

vote for andy as top teenager « Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006, 01:36 PM »

Hmmm, but the fact that he is very good at all these things would suggest he's pretty amazing, and I would imagine hes quite the inspirational captain.
For me, the differences comes in that Andy is doing an individual sport - requires far more self motivation and self reliance - much much harder at such a comparatively young age.
IP Logged
arka
vote for andy as top teenager « Reply #18 on: February 21, 2006, 01:36 PM »

Hey but I read a report once which said he runs more than any other top European player, I know running is not all but still.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

vote for andy as top teenager « Reply #19 on: February 21, 2006, 01:40 PM »

i wouldnt say thats something that makes him particularly world-class though, or prodigious.he fulfils a purpose in a team and works hard at it and does it exceptionally well but when ur talking about the best players in the world ur talking about players who could almost slot into any role in the team and be one of the best players in that position eg. zinedine zidane, wayne rooney, pele, cruyff, maradona.
IP Logged
arka
vote for andy as top teenager « Reply #20 on: February 21, 2006, 01:41 PM »

Quote from: "eira_arian"
Hmmm, but the fact that he is very good at all these things would suggest he's pretty amazing, and I would imagine hes quite the inspirational captain.
For me, the differences comes in that Andy is doing an individual sport - requires far more self motivation and self reliance - much much harder at such a comparatively young age.

Thanks for the support Laura(funny it comes from someone Welsh and not English but that shows his greatness. Anyway I dont think you guys know how much I like Becks, if he came to know about me I am pretty sure he would send for me. Wink
IP Logged
arka
vote for andy as top teenager « Reply #21 on: February 21, 2006, 01:44 PM »

Whenever you doubt Becks' greatness remember Wimbledon on 17 August 1996 and know that Cryuff,Pele and Maradona tried it but failed.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

vote for andy as top teenager « Reply #22 on: February 21, 2006, 01:46 PM »

i think that his agents have done a wonderful job at marketing him and pretending he is one of the best players in the world.noone is going to make me (and i think a lot of football commentators and pundits) change my mind.he has a pretty much one d game but excels at this and that makes him world class in his position.it does not however make him one of the best players in the world or of all time and particularly in this thread he was not prodigious at all really, he borke into the game at a faily average age and didnt seem anything particularly special until his mid 20s (hes also not a particularly inspirational captain.hes not really a leader much)
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

vote for andy as top teenager « Reply #23 on: February 21, 2006, 01:46 PM »

Whenever you doubt Becks' greatness remember Wimbledon on 17 August 1996 and know that Cryuff,Pele and Maradona tried it but failed.

plenty of others have tried it and managed as well its just not held up for all to see.one act does not make a god
IP Logged
arka
vote for andy as top teenager « Reply #24 on: February 21, 2006, 01:53 PM »

Quote from: "iaintheviolaplayer"

plenty of others have tried it and managed as well its just not held up for all to see.one act does not make a god

I have seen a person called Roger(played for Espanyol or some other Spanish club) do it twice in a season. THe point is not  that anyone who scores from beyond is great but how other greats could not manage it. Anyway what about 6th October 2001 against Greece? I dont think anyone, past present or future can do it goodjob
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

vote for andy as top teenager « Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 01:57 PM »

Hmmm.....difficult choice. I agree with Iain that he's not one of the all time greats in terms of prodigious skill, but there is no doubt that he's extremely talented.
(Disagree with you on Wimbledon Arka, but agree on Greece).
IP Logged
arka
vote for andy as top teenager « Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 02:00 PM »

Dont get me wrong anyone, I  think Andy deserves this award more than Becks. The reason for me supporting him along with Andy goes much much deep, may be I will tell it to you all later...
IP Logged
murray mad
ATP Level

flexible

vote for andy as top teenager « Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 03:00 PM »

I voted Murray is the Best and don't you just know it goodjob
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »