Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 24 Go Down Reply
Author

Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope?

(Read 15120 times)
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #90 on: August 06, 2011, 01:02 PM »

Let us send positive thoughts over Ocean to Montreal!!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #91 on: August 06, 2011, 01:41 PM »

A triumph of hope over experience I fear Iris!  Can't believe that the path to glory at the USO [there's my bit of optimism peeping through] will be all roses and no thorns.  I sometimes wonder what life would be like as an Andy supporter if he didn't take us on the roller coaster that leaves us clutching for the various aids mentioned on this thread.  w00t   And yes laughter is one of the best so laugh on sisters [and brothers willing to join in].  yay

Awww......A Rose without thorns would be boring Ruthie! Might not smell as sweet either! Whistle
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #92 on: August 06, 2011, 01:48 PM »

Awww......A Rose without thorns would be boring Ruthie! Might not smell as sweet either! Whistle
Yes I was thinking after I'd posted Caz.  Just suppose we'd all been Fed fans during the peak of his career.  It would have been incredibly boring wouldn't it knowing he was going to win 99 times out of a 100.  But I guess I'd settle for a more comfortable roses-thorns ratio than  life supporting Andy provides us with.  Don't you sometimes wonder whether AM stands for Ageing Masochists [only talking for those of us of a certain age of course]?  w00t

Oh and yes Iris plenty of positive thoughts over to Montreal next week.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #93 on: August 06, 2011, 01:52 PM »

I couldn't be a Fed fan (sorry to all those Fed fans) I just cannot take to the guy.  Ruthie, do you think that subconciously we are masochists???
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #94 on: August 06, 2011, 01:57 PM »

I couldn't be a Fed fan (sorry to all those Fed fans) I just cannot take to the guy.  Ruthie, do you think that subconciously we are masochists???
No I couldn't either Iris but I was just thinking how much easier life must have been for his fans - but not nearly so exciting as Caz points out.  I don't really think we are masochists but perhaps there is a streak in there, because you have to admit supporting Andy is not a bed of roses.  Or perhaps we're all just trying to be braveheart facing adversity with  a smile.   Rolling Eyes But as you say let's hope it will all be smiles and no adversity over the next few weeks. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #95 on: August 06, 2011, 02:09 PM »

Yes I was thinking after I'd posted Caz.  Just suppose we'd all been Fed fans during the peak of his career.  It would have been incredibly boring wouldn't it knowing he was going to win 99 times out of a 100.  But I guess I'd settle for a more comfortable roses-thorns ratio than  life supporting Andy provides us with.  Don't you sometimes wonder whether AM stands for Ageing Masochists [only talking for those of us of a certain age of course]?  w00t

Oh and yes Iris plenty of positive thoughts over to Montreal next week.
roflmao
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #96 on: August 06, 2011, 02:11 PM »

I think a bunch of 'diehard optimists' is what we really are! w00t
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #97 on: August 06, 2011, 03:39 PM »

Life would be so so boring if we were Fed fans. The man has no personality and is the personification of smuggness.  Perhaps now he has fallen off his perch he will retire,after all he he has not won a tournament for some time now.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #98 on: August 06, 2011, 06:02 PM »

Littlebuddha, doubt if he'll go b4 the Olympics, you know how much he loves bling...Wink
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #99 on: August 06, 2011, 06:10 PM »

Littlebuddha, doubt if he'll go b4 the Olympics, you know how much he loves bling...Wink
I am no fan of fed but it must feel awful being on top for so long and then this slide downwards.He ought to give in gracefully and retire.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #100 on: August 06, 2011, 07:22 PM »

I dont understand why people like him. He has a nasty way sometimes and is downright rude to other players. Maybe losing a few matches will teach him a little humility.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #101 on: August 06, 2011, 07:28 PM »

I dont understand why people like him. He has a nasty way sometimes and is downright rude to other players. Maybe losing a few matches will teach him a little humility.
And pigs might fly LB!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #102 on: August 06, 2011, 07:36 PM »

I am no fan of fed but it must feel awful being on top for so long and then this slide downwards.He ought to give in gracefully and retire.
Absolutely no chance there, Dianne.  Fed has convinced himself he can win another GS (which he might just do, of course, if he's lucky given the competition he has) and even get back his No.1 status. Whistle  The bubble of arrogance could take a while to burst.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #103 on: July 22, 2012, 04:27 PM »

Hi All,

Reawakening the topic as a newbie.....

It does me good to know I'm not the only one who does some weird stuff when Andy is playing.

I've never seen him live, or anyone else for that matter. I will one day, when I can afford it, and when I can be trusted to behave myself like a normal person. As it is, I'd probably get told off by the umpire!

I am not an habitual swearer, not really. I just thought it was worth saying. However, my vocabulary becomes somewhat....er, how can I put it.....colourful.....when I'm watching Andy. 'Hit the bloody thing' is probably me being polite! I've used every word in the book, and probably invented a few as well. My former English teacher would have had a fit, and my late mother would have washed my mouth out!

I'm not sure what is worse, Andy having a bad day and me ranting at the TV, or Andy playing brilliantly and me doing all the oohs and ahhs, and yes, yes, yes stuff! Honestly, people will start wondering what I'm doing in my living room!

I always like to get a look at Andy when he is coming on to court. I hate watching the build up before that, the build up to the Wimbledon final drove me loopy, I was almost in tears before the match started, but I like to get a glimpse when he is first out. You can usually predict how things will go before he's even struck a ball. Funny though, if it happens to be an early match that doesn't seem to apply. Sometimes, if it is an early one, he'll come out all shoulders down, that sort of thing, and then he'll decide to join us halfway through the first set, or at some point in the second if he's really in the mood to scare us. If I was rude I would call him a sadist, but I'm not rude. Well, not really.

When the umpire calls time at the beginning of matches I always say the same thing, 'come on sweetheart, be brilliant'. Horribly sentimental, I know, I can just imagine Andy rolling his eyes and calling me a stupid woman, but there we are. It just doesn't feel right if I don't say it. If I didn't and he lost can you imagine, it would be my fault!

I'm glad some of you mentioned the Murray/Roddick match from Queen's. At one point I demanded to know who this imposter was and what he had done with Andy Murray! He was calm, cool, and could not miss! I don't think anyone could believe what they were seeing that day. Was it me or did it look like a practice session?

Now, I have to make a confession. When Andy took the first set in the final at Wimbledon I did something that was most unbecoming and unsporting, but I did enjoy it! I indulged myself in a bit of singing. Aimed at Federer, it was 'You're not winning anymore', to the tune of Bread of Heaven. Like I said, my fault! Sorry Andy!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #104 on: July 22, 2012, 05:32 PM »

^  So now we know who to blame for Andy's loss!  ban  lol

Before that match even began I was shouting abuse at the organisers cursing them for being so b****y stupid for not scheduling it earlier, and, since they hadn't, for not closing the roof right from the start, when they KNEW that persistent rain was forecast!!

I'm finding though that since Andy has become calmer on court it seems to be having a knock-on effect on me - relatively speaking, that is! and it doesn't apply to Slams because I so desperately want him to win one.   Goodness knows how I'm going to be come the Olympics, and it won't just be the singles but the doubles as well. Rolling Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »