Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope?  (Read 10212 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #180 on: December 24, 2012, 02:22 PM »

Thanks Ruthie,we appreciate it Very Happy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #181 on: December 24, 2012, 04:01 PM »

And dani I don't expect you to get into training for an exhibition match like those this week  hug
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #182 on: December 24, 2012, 04:18 PM »

I've never had any superstitions ...
I've just realised that that is not true!  I won't have any pics of Andy holding either his gold medal or the USO trophy on my desktop or as my avatar in case it jinxes things for him in the future.  How weird is that? LOL
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #183 on: December 24, 2012, 05:11 PM »

I hope that having his gold medal and USO trophy at top of MW home page won't jinx things then Aileen.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #184 on: December 24, 2012, 05:23 PM »

I hope that having his gold medal and USO trophy at top of MW home page won't jinx things then Aileen.
That's different.  I was only referring to my own imaginary 'fluence' on Andy!  Hopefully we'll see more trophies on there. Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #185 on: December 24, 2012, 06:43 PM »

ah definitely a superstition I'd say Aileen!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #186 on: December 25, 2012, 03:05 AM »

I watched a video of the last two sets of the USO final for the first time last night and was able to appreciate and enjoy it, something I'd been too nervous to do at the time - but I got so immersed in it I occasionally found myself shouting "Come on Andy!" like I was watching it for real! Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Andy book signing at Piccadilly, Nov 2013

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #187 on: December 25, 2012, 10:28 AM »

I've had the USO Final DVD for a couple of months now.  I still can't watch the first set tie break - how wimpish is that?

(I've only watched the last set about, oh!, 20 times though.............)

Mickeypops
[ Last edit by mickeypops December 25, 2012, 10:32 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #188 on: December 26, 2012, 03:35 AM »

I've had the USO Final DVD for a couple of months now.  I still can't watch the first set tie break - how wimpish is that?

(I've only watched the last set about, oh!, 20 times though.............)

Mickeypops
I've watched the last game umpteen times, and the presentation ceremony, but never the whole set (don't know why though).  I did watch the first three sets tonight and see what you mean about the TB.  I'd forgotten it took Andy six agonising set points before he finally clinched it!  Also I'd forgotten just how close he came to losing the second set after Djoko pulled himself back from 4-0 and then 5-2 to level at 5-5.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #189 on: December 26, 2012, 03:39 PM »

Sky sports had a programme about his matches in the US Open 2012. It was good because it showed his matches on the road to the final. His game against Cilic was hard he lost If I remember the first two sets but came back to win. Just finished eating Christmas dinner and felt so sluggish good job it was'nt me playing I would have given up after the first point.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #190 on: December 26, 2012, 04:11 PM »

Looking forward to watching that lb as I recorded it while I was away xmas day.  I see Sky are showing the whole USO final again later this afternoon but it seems to take 7 hours so perhaps they've added the documentary?  I might dip in and out in the knowledge I have the dvd.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #191 on: December 26, 2012, 05:24 PM »

From an article I just posted on the News Articles thread, where Andy says how much more motivated he feels after the Olympic and USO win, but -

Murray, however, admits that he is still unsure on how becoming a Grand Slam champion will affect his nerves when he heads to the Australian Open in January.

“In my mind I feel more relaxed and I felt very relieved after I won the US Open, so I think from my side I will hopefully be taking some pressure off myself and will be able to play a little bit more relaxed I hope,” says the Dunblane-native.

“But again I haven’t competed in a Grand Slam since the US Open and I don’t know exactly how I’ll feel going into the Australian Open playing my first round match there, I don’t know. It’ll be a new feeling for me and I’ll just have to see how I deal with it.”

But can we feel more relaxed - that is the question! w00t  And that R1 match, the one all the top players dread, is going to have even more significance for him now, although I'm sure Lendl will have him well mentally prepared for it having been down the same road himself.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #192 on: December 26, 2012, 07:15 PM »

From an article I just posted on the News Articles thread, where Andy says how much more motivated he feels after the Olympic and USO win, but -

Murray, however, admits that he is still unsure on how becoming a Grand Slam champion will affect his nerves when he heads to the Australian Open in January.

“In my mind I feel more relaxed and I felt very relieved after I won the US Open, so I think from my side I will hopefully be taking some pressure off myself and will be able to play a little bit more relaxed I hope,” says the Dunblane-native.

“But again I haven’t competed in a Grand Slam since the US Open and I don’t know exactly how I’ll feel going into the Australian Open playing my first round match there, I don’t know. It’ll be a new feeling for me and I’ll just have to see how I deal with it.”

But can we feel more relaxed - that is the question! w00t  And that R1 match, the one all the top players dread, is going to have even more significance for him now, although I'm sure Lendl will have him well mentally prepared for it having been down the same road himself.
Andy knows how to scare the hell out of us fans by that kind of talking! Oh well, that'll keep us on our toes again....puh.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #193 on: December 26, 2012, 07:37 PM »

Andy knows how to scare the hell out of us fans by that kind of talking! Oh well, that'll keep us on our toes again....puh.
I agree that he does have an unfortunate habit of coming out with remarks like that, but maybe he's worried we might lose interest in him if he didn't subject us to the regular adrenaline-pumping his matches produce!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #194 on: December 27, 2012, 11:32 AM »

I don't think we'll ever be able fully to relax. 
Watched the Sky programme last night. Enjoyed it but it was clearly done on the cheap using just existing clips rather than any new interview material with Andy or others.  Still it was nice to see some of the post-USO chat with him which I missed as in Canada where there was no post-match chat.  I've recorded the last half hour of the rerun of the whole thing, which I dipped in and out of, to watch the rest of the post match commentary later.   However often I watch that last game it still has me welling up with pride and joy for Andy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »