Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 24 Go Down Reply
Author

Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope?

(Read 13682 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #210 on: December 27, 2012, 09:38 PM »

Does anybody feel quite subdued and somewhat miserable after any kind of loss suffered by Andy??  
Only when it counts. To me, this was more a PR exercise.
I agree with scotnadian.  A brief feeling of slight disappointment after this match because I enjoy seeing Andy play, but that was it.  I'm sure he'll have put it out of his own mind pretty quickly - although he will, as he says, have learnt from it - and shifted his focus to Australia where winning or losing will really count.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #211 on: December 27, 2012, 10:00 PM »

I'm amazed at how irritable I become after he loses, but give me an hour or so and il be fine....it's first, second or third round defeats against those outside the Top 4 that frustrate me most. Glad I'm not the only one though!!
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #212 on: December 27, 2012, 10:11 PM »

Oh and if I've missed a match I won't bother with highlights or catch up if I know he lost. Only do catch ups/highlights if I know it was a good outcome!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #213 on: December 27, 2012, 10:27 PM »

It's okay Milly... I too have felt your pain.

I have learnt to save my angst for the tournies that really matter.

Trust me, it's easier on the heart and soul. hug
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #214 on: December 28, 2012, 10:47 AM »

Oh and if I've missed a match I won't bother with highlights or catch up if I know he lost. Only do catch ups/highlights if I know it was a good outcome!
Me too Milly unless I've heard it's a really good match and a 'good' loss.  I did for instance watch 1st set against Nole at 02 as I'd had to record the match and it was a brilliant set.  But then deleted it as didn't want to watch him lose the match.
I felt slightly deflated that Andy lost yesterday and therefore no point watching the recording I'd made.  But it's only significant losses that really bring me down - and a really big loss can bring me down big time.  But then the flip side of that is that after a huge win like USO I was walking on air for days.  So the downs when he loses are the price we pay for riding the Murray roller coaster.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #215 on: December 28, 2012, 01:24 PM »

Don not worry folks it was an exhibition tournament. I am sure when it comes to the real thing he will be better. Remember he has not had much of a rest it is was better for him to come out of that tournament early. I am sure he will get a break before he plays in Brisbane. He must be jet lagged a couple of days rest is all he needs to get his body clock back in sync.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #216 on: December 29, 2012, 02:35 AM »

2005-2008 I could sit back and watch the matches he played just enjoying his craft of the point while not really to bothered about the outcome. I miss the days he'd let off a verbal volley in a thick Scottish accent even though he won the point throwing junkballs over the net or try dropshots from 20 behind the baseline( Davis Cup 2006 v Wawrinka was one of the most comically bad performances ever) and lobs from the craziest places.

2009-2012 It became all about winning and unfortunately my enjoyment during his matches has declined.

Coping wise I am really bad now! I am forever shouting at the TV or hugging a pillow lame sad but true.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #217 on: December 29, 2012, 11:52 AM »

Coping wise I am really bad now! I am forever shouting at the TV or hugging a pillow lame sad but true.

Aww,Craig,don't worry-you're so far from being alone in that!I always need to grab something and hug it myself-usually starts off with my puppy,but he nearly always loses patience with me by halfway through,so I grab the nearest cushion myself Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #218 on: December 29, 2012, 04:34 PM »

gosh dani that could be puppy abuse     w00t
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #219 on: December 29, 2012, 06:09 PM »

gosh dani that could be puppy abuse     w00t

Ahahaha Ruthie! lmao lmao lmao
Well,like I say,he nearly never has enough patience to put up with me for the entirety of a match-so he usually extracts himself by halfway through,and comes back when I'm either happy and celebrating a win,or sad from a loss and needing a hug of a different kind Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #220 on: December 30, 2012, 01:34 AM »

Well I shout too and sometimes in most unlady-like language.  Also I hug my Muzzah bear.  So no need to feel pathetic about it. Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #221 on: December 30, 2012, 01:25 PM »

Well I shout too and sometimes in most unlady-like language.  Also I hug my Muzzah bear.  So no need to feel pathetic about it. Smile
and of course Andy would definitely not approve of puppy abuse dani  Whistle
but hug a puppy sounds like a good way of coping for as long as the puppy will stand it.  w00t
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #222 on: January 02, 2013, 03:31 AM »

2005-2008 I could sit back and watch the matches he played just enjoying his craft of the point while not really to bothered about the outcome. I miss the days he'd let off a verbal volley in a thick Scottish accent even though he won the point throwing junkballs over the net or try dropshots from 20 behind the baseline( Davis Cup 2006 v Wawrinka was one of the most comically bad performances ever) and lobs from the craziest places.

2009-2012 It became all about winning and unfortunately my enjoyment during his matches has declined. Coping wise I am really bad now! I am forever shouting at the TV or hugging a pillow lame sad but true.
Don't you do that, Craig. no You gotta take the rough with the smooth. Even when it's tough, we gotta hang tough.

You are one of the most loyal, ardent and knowlegeable fans here, and your input has been invaluable.

I've been following Andy's progress since his infamous Wimbles match with Nalby in 2005, but my first standout memory was when he stood on the boards roaring the crowd on. I can't find a pic of that. Do you know what I'm talking about?
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #223 on: January 02, 2013, 11:40 AM »

Don't you do that, Craig. no You gotta take the rough with the smooth. Even when it's tough, we gotta hang tough.

You are one of the most loyal, ardent and knowlegeable fans here, and your input has been invaluable.

I've been following Andy's progress since his infamous Wimbles match with Nalby in 2005, but my first standout memory was when he stood on the boards roaring the crowd on. I can't find a pic of that. Do you know what I'm talking about?

I remember that, Scot.    I was watching the match with my neighbour and we both thought he was a real character.      He certainly had to tone things down a bit later because of the way he was treated by the press but I've never understood the "no personality" brigade.    When he ambled casually out at Queen's listening to his music my first reaction was "Great.   He's a bit different"
To top it all he could actually play exciting tennis!!!!    Hooked.

IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #224 on: January 02, 2013, 01:12 PM »

Cannot remember that far back Iluvandy but he has changed a lot even more since Lendl has been in charge. I think he is more confident and he is not as moody. In fact he has come out of his shell and is more relaxed and friendly. He was always hard on himself he has learned to be more at home with himself now and I see a big change in his attitude.I think he has grown up and learned from his mistakes. He still shows his passion and I would not want him to lose it. He is Scottish and Scots are passionate people at heart.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »