Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24 Go Down Reply
Author

Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope?

(Read 14686 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #270 on: January 24, 2013, 09:22 PM »

yes that's why I started it dani and thanks to Aileen for reviving it recently
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #271 on: January 24, 2013, 09:46 PM »

It was a brilliant,brilliant thread idea Ruthie-many thanks to you!And to Aileen too,for the revival Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #272 on: January 24, 2013, 10:08 PM »

I feel worried that I'm NOT worried about the match tomorrow. It feels like the USO all over again, but I'm afraid to think like that in case I jinx Andy.

I'm watching the Olympic final again, just to hope it sends Andy positive vibes lol.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #273 on: January 25, 2013, 01:50 PM »

He won,and I didn't jinx him!!YESSS!

But confession time-in the end I did my workout ritual before the match.Got up extra early to do it and everything Embarassed Even though I know logically that it makes no difference-even though Andy's done just fine without me lifting a finger while I was away.Still had to do it!!I really will have to work on being less superstitious.But oh well-HE WON!!  yay  yay
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #274 on: January 25, 2013, 06:43 PM »

glad he won while you watched dani as it would have been a real dilemma sunday wouldn't it otherwise  Whistle
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #275 on: January 25, 2013, 06:59 PM »

Thanks Ruthie-and yeah,I KNOW!I have to admit,during the more stressful moments of the match I did wonder if I should stop watching,to see if he'd play better-but I just couldn't tear myself away.Thankfully it didn't end up mattering Very Happy
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #276 on: January 25, 2013, 09:14 PM »

Thanks Ruthie-and yeah,I KNOW!I have to admit,during the more stressful moments of the match I did wonder if I should stop watching,to see if he'd play better-but I just couldn't tear myself away.Thankfully it didn't end up mattering Very Happy

I do that all the time, or things like - I nip into kitchen to get something and he earns break points, come in to watch and he misses them so go back to kitchen to see if that helps. My brother once listened to last 20 mins of a footie match perched on a stool where he'd been hanging curtains cos his team scored as he stepped on it. Quite happy to re enact US open final actions of lying stretched ou on settee come Sunday morning!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #277 on: January 25, 2013, 09:21 PM »

I do that all the time, or things like - I nip into kitchen to get something and he earns break points, come in to watch and he misses them so go back to kitchen to see if that helps. My brother once listened to last 20 mins of a footie match perched on a stool where he'd been hanging curtains cos his team scored as he stepped on it. Quite happy to re enact US open final actions of lying stretched ou on settee come Sunday morning!

It's good to know I'm not alone in my superstitiousness Smile Though when I was puffing away on the treadmill this morning,I have to admit,even I was shaking my head at myself.I knew it was stupid to think ANY amount of exercise would change a thing in the match-and yet I still had to do it!
Your poor brother-that sounds pretty uncomfortable!I hope his team ended up winning,after all that!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #278 on: January 25, 2013, 10:43 PM »

It's good to know I'm not alone in my superstitiousness Smile Though when I was puffing away on the treadmill this morning,I have to admit,even I was shaking my head at myself.I knew it was stupid to think ANY amount of exercise would change a thing in the match-and yet I still had to do it!
Your poor brother-that sounds pretty uncomfortable!I hope his team ended up winning,after all that!

Glad to say they did! He is also a big Muzza fan so continues his various eccentricities when following the tennis too. Has it's fun points - we were at the Olympics together for the swimming on tennis semis day - but in London till Sunday night. When we arrived in London we found a bar to watch Kath Grainger win - so having found it to be a lucky bar we returned there to watch Andy's final. And it worked, it was a fab way to end an amazing weeekend.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #279 on: January 25, 2013, 11:15 PM »

Am I the only one here who has been to Wimbledon?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #280 on: January 25, 2013, 11:23 PM »

No! My first trips were '96, '97 and '98 - I got to see play on the old No 1 court and stand on the new no 1 while it was being built. Also experienced a 'midddle Sunday which included the famous Henman Haarhuis match. It's quite tricky to co ordinate with Scottish school term dates but was lucky enouh to get tickets for no 1 court for last year's second Monday - it may have rained but it was the only match our Muzza played on no 1 (v Cilic ) and saw best part of 2 sets. It was a fist trip for my mum and fulfilled a life time ambition. She loved it - and it was amazing to see how many changes had been made in 14 years ( I know I've seen them on tv but still...) Really hoping to get down again this year as schools break up end of first week for 2nd year running (2015 date change really helpful for Scottish teachers!) depends on getting tickets through my club ballot. Crossing everything!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #281 on: January 25, 2013, 11:31 PM »

Glad to say they did! He is also a big Muzza fan so continues his various eccentricities when following the tennis too. Has it's fun points - we were at the Olympics together for the swimming on tennis semis day - but in London till Sunday night. When we arrived in London we found a bar to watch Kath Grainger win - so having found it to be a lucky bar we returned there to watch Andy's final. And it worked, it was a fab way to end an amazing weeekend.

Hah,so maybe there was something in him perching on that stool after all Smile

Oh wow,you lucky thing,that sounds incredible!Must have been an incredible atmosphere.Man,the Games were amazing Smile I mean,I was desperately looking forward to them because of Andy,but I didn't think I'd get so into the other sports.But I really did!Glad you had such a great time Very Happy
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #282 on: January 25, 2013, 11:39 PM »

Hah,so maybe there was something in him perching on that stool after all Smile

Oh wow,you lucky thing,that sounds incredible!Must have been an incredible atmosphere.Man,the Games were amazing Smile I mean,I was desperately looking forward to them because of Andy,but I didn't think I'd get so into the other sports.But I really did!Glad you had such a great time Very Happy

It was easily one of the best experiences in my life! Though my trips to Wimbledon come close!We had Friday in the Olympic Park - and everything you have heard about the cheery helpful volunteers and Londoners in general is so true - which was ace!  then we basically hada pub crawl around the various events we wanted to see - if therewas a medal up for grabs then a bar with tv had to be found. Whitehall very useful! the Super Saturday in the stadium was viewed in Covent garden, what an atmosphere - also bizarrely saw Serena win gold from a Thames boat tour as we passed the big screen showing the match at Tower Bridge. Also went to cheer on the ladies marathon before booking our seats for Andy's match - so funny, folk kept coming into the bar off the street, peering at the score,doing a double take then deciding to stay! Fabulous weekend, fabulous memories.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #283 on: January 25, 2013, 11:41 PM »

And if I need to arrange for my brother to be dangled upside down by his ankles  out of his second floor flat windows on sunday then so be it, it's all in a good cause!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #284 on: January 25, 2013, 11:45 PM »

It was easily one of the best experiences in my life! Though my trips to Wimbledon come close!We had Friday in the Olympic Park - and everything you have heard about the cheery helpful volunteers and Londoners in general is so true - which was ace!  then we basically hada pub crawl around the various events we wanted to see - if therewas a medal up for grabs then a bar with tv had to be found. Whitehall very useful! the Super Saturday in the stadium was viewed in Covent garden, what an atmosphere - also bizarrely saw Serena win gold from a Thames boat tour as we passed the big screen showing the match at Tower Bridge. Also went to cheer on the ladies marathon before booking our seats for Andy's match - so funny, folk kept coming into the bar off the street, peering at the score,doing a double take then deciding to stay! Fabulous weekend, fabulous memories.

Wow,you lucky,lucky thing!Sounds just amazing.I know I myself really loved the Olympics,and have great memories etc-and I was just watching from a couch in Ireland!So I can only imagine what it would have been like to actually be there.So glad to hear your experiences were so terrific Smile

It was a very special couple of weeks.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »